Nik Savageau

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Nik Savageau

Postby roundem6 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 am

Ya that last one checks under things people dont care about :)

Here's a little checklist of my own.

Assists

Savageau X
Hanstad

Steals

Savageau X
Hanstad

Free Throws

Savageau X
Hanstad

Field Goal %

Savageau X
Hanstad

3- point %

Savageau X
Hanstad

Blocks

Savageau X
Hanstad

Wins

Savageau X
Hanstad
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 am

Honestly, it would be fairly easy for me to scew the stats in Joe's favor. He scores a higher percentage of his team points, gets a higher percentage of rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, et cetera. However, this doesn't matter, as both players are better than their stats. Nik could average a triple double simply by playing with a guy like Kielpinski, where Hanstad could average 35 playing with a point guard like Nik, where Kielpinski could average 30 playing with Savageau, etc. In their current situation, Nik puts up the best numbers in the EDC, BK puts up arguably the best numbers in the WDA, but Joe is still the best. Nothing will convince me otherwise. Look at national attention, career numbers, where they are going to be at in 3 years, etc.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 am

Well if this was the 3 years in the future topic I might consider that but it's not. First you were talking about how bad Joe's teammates were now you are talking about how he gets a higher % of his team's stats. Obviously if Nik's team is better, this will be much harder for him. Whereas Joe can just get all those stats with an unintelligent team as you would call them. But, I must admit I agreed with your post with the analogy, well most of it. And so what if Joe is going to end up D1, Savy had D1 opportunities and turned them down for good reasons which IMO is very respectable. But, I will continue to contend that this is a very valid topic of discussion and debate. I think we have all come to the agreement though that Joe, Nik, and BK are the kings of Class A.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:36 am

I know your from the east but I just don't see how you can think Savageau is better than Hanstad.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:44 am

roundem6 wrote:Well if this was the 3 years in the future topic I might consider that but it's not. First you were talking about how bad Joe's teammates were now you are talking about how he gets a higher % of his team's stats. Obviously if Nik's team is better, this will be much harder for him. Whereas Joe can just get all those stats with an unintelligent team as you would call them. But, I must admit I agreed with your post with the analogy, well most of it. And so what if Joe is going to end up D1, Savy had D1 opportunities and turned them down for good reasons which IMO is very respectable. But, I will continue to contend that this is a very valid topic of discussion and debate. I think we have all come to the agreement though that Joe, Nik, and BK are the kings of Class A.

First sentence, you have a good point.

I do not think Joe's teammates are good, but I was just talking about how stats can be skewed. Nik's D1 oppurtunities and Joe's D1 oppurtunities are very different. Joe has interest from power conferences, where Nik's were from low to mid majors, which is still very respectable. Sioux Falls is legit, and I would recommend going there if I were to advise a friend.

This topic is better than I thought it would be, while I don't think Nik is on the same level as Hanstad, he is so much better than the majority of his competition that it doesn't matter anyway. That said, if Joe was a senior this year, I think he would be Mr. Basketball, and that this would be the second time he won the award.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:51 am

balla45 wrote:
roundem6 wrote:Well if this was the 3 years in the future topic I might consider that but it's not. First you were talking about how bad Joe's teammates were now you are talking about how he gets a higher % of his team's stats. Obviously if Nik's team is better, this will be much harder for him. Whereas Joe can just get all those stats with an unintelligent team as you would call them. But, I must admit I agreed with your post with the analogy, well most of it. And so what if Joe is going to end up D1, Savy had D1 opportunities and turned them down for good reasons which IMO is very respectable. But, I will continue to contend that this is a very valid topic of discussion and debate. I think we have all come to the agreement though that Joe, Nik, and BK are the kings of Class A.

First sentence, you have a good point.

I do not think Joe's teammates are good, but I was just talking about how stats can be skewed. Nik's D1 oppurtunities and Joe's D1 oppurtunities are very different. Joe has interest from power conferences, where Nik's were from low to mid majors, which is still very respectable. Sioux Falls is legit, and I would recommend going there if I were to advise a friend.

This topic is better than I thought it would be, while I don't think Nik is on the same level as Hanstad, he is so much better than the majority of his competition that it doesn't matter anyway. That said, if Joe was a senior this year, I think he would be Mr. Basketball, and that this would be the second time he won the award.

Not sure what you mean on that last sentence. You can only win Mr. Basketball as a senior and I'm sure you know that so please explain.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby teamramrod » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:52 am

i would take savageau over hanstad in 1v1 anyday :P
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:55 am

I'm not going to explain that because you should be able to figure out exactly what I meant.

I would take whichever one of them started with the ball. I doubt either would stop the other. They can't get trapped and eventually they will break each other down.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:17 am

joe is better that nik...case closed
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 am

Im sorry I did not realize there had to be a certain number of people commenting on each topic. And I really don't have to talk up Savageau, it's not like I'm here talking up some player who picks up scrub minutes. Lastly, yes so what if I talk about North, why does balla45 like to talk bout BK, Mandan, etc.? EVERYONE THERE ARE TWO NEW RULES ON THIS SITE THAT ARE NEW TO ME: MINIMUM COMMENTERS ON A TOPIC AND YOU CANT KEEP TALKIN ABOUT THE SAME TEAM/SCHOOL.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Ok come on roundem, savageau is a great player, but joe hanstad is one, if not the best player in north dakota history. you are bias towards nik. if hanstad was playing for north and sav was playing for dickinson, norths record would improve with hanstad and dickinson's would decline with sav.
although i would like to say, IMO, that ndsu made a mistake only wanting nik as a preferred walk-on. i believe nik is better than the true freshmen point guard they recruited from wisconsin that is getting 15-20 minutes a game right now and also some other players on their roster that they had given scholarships to. i dont know if they didnt like his attitude or what exactly, but nik could help ndsu out a lot.
still, congrats to nik on sioux falls, as it is a good program and only getting better
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 pm

I agree completely with what you are saying about the colleges. Phillips is dumb. However, I will have to disagree with the fact that Hanstad would improve North's due to the fact that North is already 10-1 and it could only improve to 11-0. Idk how its biassed when I am giving stats comparing the two. As I said before, it's not like I am trying to take anything away from Joe, Nik deserves the same respect throughout the state that Joe gets though.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:41 pm

I think Savageau gets the respect he deserves. Everyone realizes how good he is. But Hanstad gets the respect he deserves (if thats possible). Everyone knows that Joe is the best player in the state. Even though Joe is the known as the best player, Savageau is still regarded as an outstanding player. Maybe if Savageau would be a senior 3 years from now, he would be the best player in the state. Players like Joe are once in a generation type of players for North Dakota.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Joe is and should be the most respected player in the state. The thing that I think roudem6 is eluding to is that Savageau is disrespected, as in not being a unanimous all conference player, not getting first team all state, not getting the NDSU offer.

Just compare Luke and Nik, and look at their very similar career numbers and playing styles, and then look at the awards that Luke received that Nik did not. Looking at it from this point of view, Savageau is a pretty disrespected player.

I don't think he is on Hanstad's level, and I don't think he, or any other active player in North Dakota will get there. The amount of basketball skill that Hanstad has is phenomenal, and the amount that he practices is even more incredible. Realistically, he was good enough to play on the Kick-Fridey team that won state. I have been playing against Joe for years, and as a 6th grader he was nothing too special, as a 7th grader he was pretty good, and by his 8th grade year he was amazing, and I wondered why. Then you hear about his daily morning workouts, his ball handling routine, his play with his trainer after school, et cetera, and you realize why he is so good and why he is so well respected.

The first time I saw Nik play was in Prairie Rose, and at this point Pitia was the best player on his team, then I saw him play after his freshman season and he hit 9 3s against Kielpinski's team, and I was impressed. Even though Nik's 9 3s was amazing, it was also that weekend that Hanstad put up around 43 points on my team against a Box and 1.

Again, the amount of talent it takes to play division 2 basketball is incredible, the amount of talent that it takes to get interest from Minnesota, Gonzaga, Washington, or Washington State is phenomenal.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Hanstad was also picked by ESPN as the state's top player and as a top player to watch in the class of 2011.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/ri ... id=4622024
http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/ri ... id=4579229

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby DSCP1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Hanstad is better for sure
DSCP1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby uncheels » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:21 am

Yes. By FARRRR
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm

[quote="balla45"]Joe is and should be the most respected player in the state. The thing that I think roudem6 is eluding to is that Savageau is disrespected, as in not being a unanimous all conference player, not getting first team all state, not getting the NDSU offer.

Just compare Luke and Nik, and look at their very similar career numbers and playing styles, and then look at the awards that Luke received that Nik did not. Looking at it from this point of view, Savageau is a pretty disrespected player.

Thank you balla45. Not getting unanimous EDC was just ridiculous. I believe Fisher from South got it and Nik didnt which is just stupid. Phillips is also not a very intelligent guy. I dont know what is with some of the coaches, maybe "attitude problems." What I dont get about that is the desire to win is considered an attitude problem by some coaches.. (Hendrickson, Limke)
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Joe Hanstad, Nik Savageau, Bryan Kielpinski....The Debate

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Hanstad led Dickinson is a 63-62 upset of Century. He finished with 23 points, including the game winning fadeaway 3 over 2 defenders with 3.0 seconds left. That was his fifth three of the contest. Nate Moody contributed with 16 points, and Jarl Abrahamson had 13. The unquestionable, hands down, best player in the state.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Joe Hanstad 2.0

Postby roundem6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 pm

balla45 wrote:Hanstad led Dickinson is a 63-62 upset of Century. He finished with 23 points, including the game winning fadeaway 3 over 2 defenders with 3.0 seconds left. That was his fifth three of the contest. Nate Moody contributed with 16 points, and Jarl Abrahamson had 13. The unquestionable, hands down, best player in the state.

Shouldve just put this back on the Savy thread. OMG 23 points!!!! haha isnt that his average? Savageau hit a shot with 0 seconds left earlier in the season from 33 feet to win by 1. O and he had 30 that game.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON SURPASSING 1000 POINTS.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Obviously I know this. I'll add this then. Joe has over 5 D1 offers. The best. :D

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 pm

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:40 pm

Hahaha. That one made me laugh honestly, but yes I am serious.

Hands down, the best high school player in the state. Ask any coach in North Dakota.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 pm

You just think he's good cuz he just beat a contender out of the West, thus helping your Braves :)
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys