BHS vs. Century

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

BHS vs. Century

Postby bawlhogg701 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 pm

I am hoping for a good match-up...but I still feel like BHS will handle the Patriots fairly easily. I say the Demons win by about 15 points.

What's everyone else's predictions?
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Re: BHS vs. Century

Postby skyman13 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 pm

BHS...too many weapons at all positions...win by a solid 12
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:25 am

BHS - I think they will win by 20, but, it may be close until halftime. The Demons will eventually wear down CHS....CHS will come out fighting though. Mattern has them looking like a different team this year.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 pm

wearing down century is going to be a tuff thing to do... those century players have been going through the same type of practices and conditioning that bhs has gone through the past 10 years
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvsports » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 pm

CHS doesn't have near the depth BHS has....this is why they will wear them down. They also don't have the shooters or the capability to score like BHS.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:42 pm

I was at the Century-Minot game and Minot ran Century pretty hard and the legs looks pretty weak.

If Bismarck runs them hard, the first half, they will pull away for a 20 pt game win. If they try to hammer it in on them, it will be a close one.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby bawlhogg701 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm

I change my prediction to BHS by 20+ points...I forgot to factor in the Civic Center environment. Not to mention Century beat Turtle Mtns, Minot, Dickinson, and Williston by only marginal amounts and Bismarck High, on the other hand, handled those teams fairly easily.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby sniperfan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Century will win by three points!
sniperfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 am

bawlhogg701 wrote:I change my prediction to BHS by 20+ points...I forgot to factor in the Civic Center environment. Not to mention Century beat Turtle Mtns, Minot, Dickinson, and Williston by only marginal amounts and Bismarck High, on the other hand, handled those teams fairly easily.

Not to mention, Minot took them to double overtime.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby The 1 man wolf pack » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm so pumped for this game its gona be good
The 1 man wolf pack
NDPreps Reserve

Postby skyman13 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm

I HOPE THE GAME IS A GOOD ONE AND WELL PLAYED..KNOW OF THE RIVAVLY..PLAYED IN THAT SITUATION SOME YEARS AGO AND REMEMBER IT WAS ALWAYS MARKED ON MY CALENDAR...SOMETHING SPECIAL WHEN THE 2 SCHOOLS MEET AND THE CIVIC CENTER IS THE STAGE..LET THE OFFICIALS BEWARE OF 2 OF THE MOST INTENSE COACHES AROUND..SOMEWHAT OUT OF SAME MOLD...ENJOY THURS NIGHT !!
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Thing i loved about this game... the infamous "Hug" between miller and mattern at the start of the game. Thing i hated about this game... centuries student section... don't get me wrong i am a guy who loves a student section that gets into it but comeon century 3 guys yelling trator whenever finley gets the ball??? are you serious? recruit (not saying he was recruited) would have been a better chant and 50-60 people yelling it would have made it better... 2 other chants that centuries student section displayed tonight was something about esley going to NDSU and how his left arm is so precious, well that personally seems stupid to me because esley's left arm made centuries entire football team look like they were a freshmen team, also calling jake miller waterboy, 1 thing he doesn't look at all like bobby boucher and 2 if it was an attack saying he is just going to sit in the bench at UND once again is stupid because i believe jake ran for something like 282 yards against the patriots last year so bringing up football wasn't a good attack on miller, i am not saying BHS's student section did a better job i was just to far away from them to hear them... student sections these days need to take a chapter out of 3-5 years ago...they need to realize what is actually funny and what gets into players heads and what doesn't. Think of a couple of years ago, do you think brian qvale always played bad in the kaarlgard for no reason, or do you think hearing "8 foot ogre" every time he touched the ball had something to do with it, another one that probably didn't get into the players head as much but was just flat out hilarious was when mandan started chanting "steroids" every time senger shot free throws, those are 2 chants from my high school years that i will never forget and the chants that i have heard the past 2 years have just flat out been forgettable
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Home Run » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 pm

Squeak,

I live too far away. Did I miss the score in an ealier posts? I have been reading poorly all day on the posts so another reading mistake on my part is more than likely. Thanks for the extras as I wondered about the coaches' exchange and what it would be like. Now does anyone have some on-court game details that they would be willing to share?
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 pm

50-45 Bismarck with the win.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby sniperfan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 am

They were yelling water boy to steve miller. he was a water boy in college so they were yelling it at him. Get your facts straight squeeky.
sniperfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller_2010 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 am

Sounds like a good game, where can I see a boxscore?
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvsports » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 am

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high- ... 03286.html

It was an ugly game - neither team played that well....way too many turnovers and poor shooting percentages. Bruce Govig was Century's one glimmer of hope.....Jalen Finley made some big shots/Jake Miller hit some freethrows and shut down Ledger with his great defense.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby schmiddy101 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 am

Terrible game in all aspects. Lot of turnovers, lot of missed shots, TERRIBLE reffing on for both teams. Quite possibly the worst reffed game I have ever personally seen. Very inconsistant with their calls. They started calling a LOT more fouls in the second half even before Century had to start fouling. Just an awful game. BHS just played their worst game of the year by far against the number 3 ranked team in the state and they still won.
schmiddy101
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:58 am

sniperfan wrote:They were yelling water boy to steve miller. he was a water boy in college so they were yelling it at him. Get your facts straight squeeky.

they were yelling it whenever jake caught the ball and i heard a century fan say something along the lines of thats all you are going to do at UND miller... if it was directed towards steve then it was probably a true statement but they should have said steve instead of miller
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys