Steve Miller

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Steve Miller

Postby baseball18 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 pm

There I changed it, sorry about the personal attack. But what he did tonight was uncalled for
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Re: Steve Miller

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 pm

The epitome of class right there.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Miller may have been wrong to do that. While I say that, I'm sure Jalen got a talking to in the locker room.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:Miller may have been wrong to do that. While I say that, I'm sure Jalen got a talking to in the locker room.

That said, Jalen is a senior in high school. Miller has been coaching as long as I can remember. That isn't expected from players really, but is completely unacceptable from a coach.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 pm

I agree that it was wrong to do, but it's over and done with.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:17 pm

What happened? I was attending a game in Minnesota tonight. I don't want to start anything bad; could someone just fill me in as to what happened or where I can go to find out what happened?
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 pm

This is the story I got, I wasn't there, but the source is reliable.

Tescher is getting physical with Finley. Finley jabs Tescher in the ribs. Half ends. Miller gets in Tescher's face. Teams come out of locker room. Saint Mary's parents are very unhappy with what Miller did, to the point that an administrator had to step in.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Home Run » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:27 pm

What did St. Mary's coach do? Any technicals assessed. Sounds like that scene from Hoosiers when things escalate out of control. Sidenote: How many officials in North Dakota High School game? In Minnesota large school, you usually see three. Not that it matters, but just wondering due to the fact that newspapers and this sight are my link to ND basketball world.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Mueller was not aware of the incident until after the game.

Three officials.

I assume the tape will be reviewed to see if a punch was thrown or it is was more of an armbar, but a suspension is possible if a punch was thrown. Time will tell.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am

If the BHS administration had a spine they'd suspend him until an investigation is completed. Miller has a history of getting in opposing player's faces and/or yelling stuff to them.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 am

balla45 wrote:This is the story I got, I wasn't there, but the source is reliable.

Tescher is getting physical with Finley. Finley jabs Tescher in the ribs. Half ends. Miller gets in Tescher's face. Teams come out of locker room. Saint Mary's parents are very unhappy with what Miller did, to the point that an administrator had to step in.

The words "had to step in" are a part that is untrue. The two (Jalen and Tescher) started jawing and Miller stepped in for a second. Chewed out both of them from what I saw. Then 4 St. Mary's administrators stood near the BHS student section and stared at the kids in the student section. No administration needed to be called at all.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby i am legend » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 am

yah miller is abit of a hot head. honestly, calm down, he has a great team, he should just coach his team right and he could be bringing another state title.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball fan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 am

I would challenge everyone to go watch Tescher play..I am not trying to take personal jabs as I know we can not do this on this post but he plays basketball with intention to hurt someone...I have seen 2 games he has played this year and both games he should have been tossed for cheap shots and very hard falls that are not used to seeing in basketball. I will stop there but not seeing the game I agree the coach needs composure and that is not Millers strong suit but watch Tesscher play and this post will explain itself.
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i am legend » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:29 am

baseball fan wrote:I would challenge everyone to go watch Tescher play..I am not trying to take personal jabs as I know we can not do this on this post but he plays basketball with intention to hurt someone...I have seen 2 games he has played this year and both games he should have been tossed for cheap shots and very hard falls that are not used to seeing in basketball. I will stop there but not seeing the game I agree the coach needs composure and that is not Millers strong suit but watch Tesscher play and this post will explain itself.

yah i guess ill be looking 4 that next time i c him play, but miller still shouldnt have done that.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 am

I have watched Tescher play and I don't doubt that he is in there to get in people's heads. However, it is the responsibility of the refs to control that. Not Steve Miller's job. I'm sure whatever punishments are needed will be handed out by the administrators or the NDHSAA.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby demonation1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm

You all have it wrong....I was there-sitting very close to the action. Tescher pushed finley while leaving the floor to go to the locker room so Miller told him to get his a** in the lockerroom
peace! :)
demonation1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm

I heard a much different story from a variety of people. I find yours much harder to believe.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:31 pm

well my opinion is st marys should be more worried about getting pounded by 40 rather than what happened between a player and a coach. miller was defending his best player so give it a rest
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 pm

I, being from the Eastern part of the state, only get to see Bismarck about once a year so i dont really know much about the coaches. But what is wrong with Miller? this is twice in about the past week I have heard about him getting in an opposing players face. (First being BK and now Tescher) What?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:18 pm

He didn't get in Bryan's face, just said something from the sidelines. The Tescher incident is much different. Not sure what to think about this.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Well for example, on that video you loaded, Miller clearly is yelling at BK from the sidelines. To me, that is a technical.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 am

Miller needs to get a technical a lot of times, however, does not.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bisonguy06 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Miller is a passionate guy. Sometimes it works to his advantage, and sometimes it backfires.

Dickinson High fans give Miller a lot of credit for the school's first ever state boys' basketball championship in 2003. DHS trailed for most of their semifinal game vs. Bismarck but made a push in the second half. In the middle of their rally, a call was made that Miller didn't like, and he wandered about 20 feet onto the court to argue with the referees and drew a technical foul. Miller then tried to bluff and say that he was on the court to call a timeout, not to argue, but the refs didn't buy it.

DHS made the freethrows and scored on the ensuing possession to give them their first lead in the second half, and they went on to win in the semis and in the finals in 2003.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 am

Here is an update. From a source as close to the action as possible, Miller did chew Tescher out a bit, but this was only to protect his players pretty much. As Tescher was trying to start something with Finley in the hallway.

And to whom it may concern, not libel. :P

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys