TM Home Court Advantage This Weekend.

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

TM Home Court Advantage This Weekend.

Postby uncheels » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:55 pm

TM is playing St. Mary's Friday and Mandan on Saturday. I'm hearing TM did really well against Century last weekend in Century. Anyone got any comments or predictions on how the games will go this weekend in Belcourt?
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Re: TM Home Court Advantage This Weekend.

Postby skyman13 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 am

My feeling is that St Marys and Belcourt game on Fri will be up and down the court with home team winning in a shootout..On Sat I believe Mandan will play a bit of defense and hopefully use their BIG guy often ..Mandan by 8-10..I will also say that it will be raining 3's all weekend long by all participants!!
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby i am legend » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 am

should be some good games to watch.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvsports » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am

Century shot 21 for 70 that is why Belcourt was even in the game. Belcourt should beat St Mary's handily - (it will be interesting to see how Tescher handles himself up there). Mandan by 15 points.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 pm

the only time turtle mountain has a chance to win another game this year is when they are playing at home, for obvious reasons. st mary's, bismarck high, and north have all beaten TM by 40 when TM isnt at home. and they are 1-1 at home, beating a good dickinson team and barely losing to a good jamestown team. just ridiculous...they should be class B in my opinion
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:18 pm

TM is one of the bigger schools in the state. Just because they aren't that good does not mean they should be class B. If that were the case, then Fargo South should be Class B too.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toddjames » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:23 pm

GFRR99 wrote:the only time turtle mountain has a chance to win another game this year is when they are playing at home, for obvious reasons. st mary's, bismarck high, and north have all beaten TM by 40 when TM isnt at home. and they are 1-1 at home, beating a good dickinson team and barely losing to a good jamestown team. just ridiculous...they should be class B in my opinion

It's for obvious reasons why Turtle Mountain has such a hard time winning on the road. It's because anytime they play a team they can match up with on the road, the home team always gets the same type of home cooking you are always talking about when TM wins at home. It gets obvious when TM's leading scorer/post players (now I'm talking both boys and girls, I know it's just a boys topic but this ties in) get two or three fouls in the first 8 or so minutes of the game. Happened in the boys game at St. Mary's and in the girl's game at Century. At home they get an even playing field that's why the game's see be closer, they have a fighting chance at least. Your comment about Belcourt needing to be Class B is ridiculous, especially this season. They did get beat up by Bismarck and the St. Mary's game for them got out of hand, but like you said yourself they beat a good Dickinson team and lost a close one to a good Jamestown team. They also played Century tough, no matter if it was bad shooting or not it was still a competitive game. They are competing this year and it's not just at home. It's crazy to say they should be in Class B, you can have your opinion but I don't agree at all.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 pm

I will say that this year's TM team is pretty good. Looking back on the past few years though, they got so many calls at home that it is ridiculous. I don't think that they are reffed unfairly in other places, they just expect the preferential treatment they get at home.

Maybe the reason the posts get in foul trouble is that fouls are called on them away, that are never called at home.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby uncheels » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Belcourt is not one of the Biggest Class A School. They are probably the smallest with about 450-500 Students.(9-12)
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:46 pm

toddjames wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:the only time turtle mountain has a chance to win another game this year is when they are playing at home, for obvious reasons. st mary's, bismarck high, and north have all beaten TM by 40 when TM isnt at home. and they are 1-1 at home, beating a good dickinson team and barely losing to a good jamestown team. just ridiculous...they should be class B in my opinion

It's for obvious reasons why Turtle Mountain has such a hard time winning on the road. It's because anytime they play a team they can match up with on the road, the home team always gets the same type of home cooking you are always talking about when TM wins at home. It gets obvious when TM's leading scorer/post players (now I'm talking both boys and girls, I know it's just a boys topic but this ties in) get two or three fouls in the first 8 or so minutes of the game. Happened in the boys game at St. Mary's and in the girl's game at Century. At home they get an even playing field that's why the game's see be closer, they have a fighting chance at least. Your comment about Belcourt needing to be Class B is ridiculous, especially this season. They did get beat up by Bismarck and the St. Mary's game for them got out of hand, but like you said yourself they beat a good Dickinson team and lost a close one to a good Jamestown team. They also played Century tough, no matter if it was bad shooting or not it was still a competitive game. They are competing this year and it's not just at home. It's crazy to say they should be in Class B, you can have your opinion but I don't agree at all.

The reffing is not even comparable and you know it. You are obviously from Belcourt. If you ask any unbias basketball fan statewide, they will tell you the most home favoring refs are in Belcourt hands down. They have 3 FORTY POINT losses on the road..i guess that is competing, not just at home, like you said? The only 2 games they had a chance to win were at home, and trust me when they go to dickinson they will lose by 25+. TM skill level is comparable to class B schools..i wasnt reffering to enrollment numbers. They would not make the class B state tournament. Bismarck made them look like a junior high team, and that is just the sad truth.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby uncheels » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:53 pm

They lost to the number 3 team in the State(Century), by six on the Road. They had a chance on winning that game too. Im not from belcourt but i would like to see becourt go somewhere this year because they got the talent and a lot of people know it. I also dont believe they get their wins on home because of the refs because they get refs from the devils lake area and sometimes minot. But i dont know what it is for them to compete one day against Century and then lose by 40 to BHS. Could it be rest. All the little things add up for a basketball game. This guy above me must be from Dickinson.
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roundem6 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 pm

When I saw TM face North and lose by 40 I thought no way they could win a game this year then they go and beat Dickinson at home. Is it safe to say TM is the West's version of Wahpeton?
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 pm

uncheels wrote:They lost to the number 3 team in the State(Century), by six on the Road. They had a chance on winning that game too. Im not from belcourt but i would like to see becourt go somewhere this year because they got the talent and a lot of people know it. I also dont believe they get their wins on home because of the refs because they get refs from the devils lake area and sometimes minot. But i dont know what it is for them to compete one day against Century and then lose by 40 to BHS. Could it be rest. All the little things add up for a basketball game. This guy above me must be from Dickinson.

No I am not from Dickinson. Actually probably the first time I have ever talked about Dickinson in a post. It is obvious, however, that you are a TM fan since every one of your post pertains to the team.
One game on the road they didnt lose by double digits, and it just so happened to be the game that Century had the worse shooting night in school history. Congrats.
I am sorry that I am a realist, but TM is not good at all. You don't lose by 40, 3 times, and be considered a good team. That doesnt happen. It's weird how there home games are always close and there away games are blowouts. You'll see as the yaer goes on how bad they really are, you'll see
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby uncheels » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Yeah they seem to compete at home according to their two home games. But who doesn't seem to compete at home. Yes I heard Century didn't shoot good that night but maybe it was the Defense. But thats why this subject is about TM home court advantage this weekend. Because we can see how they play the second time on their home court. I just want to see if they can make two tough games again this weekend.
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bawlhogg701 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 am

TM Home Court Advantage This Weekend? ....Duh!...just about any team playing at home has an advantage. This thread sounds all whiney like it needs some cheese to go along with it. Tutle Mtns. beat a Dickinson team that got pumped by Jamestown. So, I figure Turtle Mtns. homecourt played a small factor...however you have to take into consideration Dickinsons skill level or lack thereof.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 am

Dickinson goes as Hanstad goes. Hanstad was recovering from the flu against Jamestown, while the Turtle Mountain game was much different. Ask any player who has played against Turtle Mountain on the road, and see what they think of the officiating.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby KBFAN33 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 am

TM loses both games no doubt
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby Elevenfan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Just about every team plays better at home. We all know that. Sure, TM may not be the best team around, but they do have good athletes and when a talented athlete has a little confidence or glimmer of hope, as TM did at Century, that athlete can play at high level. Also, when an athlete feels comfortable (at home) they WILL play better, no doubt! They also have a new coach and system.

I'll give you a little bit of info. TM is one of the few Class A schools that has a major road trip every other weekend. Those road trips include about 9 hours in a cold bus, staying in hotel, eating at fast food restaurants because it's too expensive to eat at a good dine-in restaurant, sitting in a gym all day waiting for their varsity game, and having to face referees that are usually employed by the school district they're playing against or those referees are good friends of the opposing coaches. Those can be some tough obstacles.

The Bismarck-area teams play roughly two-thirds of their games in their home areas. They also get regionals at home. They get to eat and sleep at home! I think regional tournaments should swap venues. The EDC play in Bismarck with the WDA officials and the WDA play in Fargo with the EDC officials. That would make things a little more fair.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:53 pm

GFRR99 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

The reffing is not even comparable and you know it. You are obviously from Belcourt. If you ask any unbias basketball fan statewide, they will tell you the most home favoring refs are in Belcourt hands down. They have 3 FORTY POINT losses on the road..i guess that is competing, not just at home, like you said? The only 2 games they had a chance to win were at home, and trust me when they go to dickinson they will lose by 25+. TM skill level is comparable to class B schools..i wasnt reffering to enrollment numbers. They would not make the class B state tournament. Bismarck made them look like a junior high team, and that is just the sad truth.

First of all don't tell me what I know. Second I am from Belcourt which is why I commented to your shot at Turtle Mountain. I haven't lived there since the early 2000's, but I try to keep up on what's going on. They have been really bad for past how many years, I think since Shaun Knife was there (2005-2006 maybe?). But they have talent and are playing hard and COMPETING. 3 losses by 40 aren't good, but other games were close and were competitive. It's one thing to say a team gets the calls at home, but it's another to say they are the only team in the state that does or that they are the worst. I played and experienced plenty of unfairness first hand, so I know how things are on the road. Some places weren't too bad, others just rediculous. I don't feel a need to point to any school in perticular because I don't shots like that. GFRR99 you are obiviously not from Dickinson... Red River obiviously, a grad of 99? Not to hard to figure, but I don't know what you have against Turtle Mountain but there is some hate there. Everyone is welcome to an opinion and I wouldn't have even posted if your original post wasn't so negative.
Balla45 you are one of the most respected guys on NDPreps, so your opinion is certainly valued. But speaking from first-hand experience as a former TM player, we had to deal with more than our share of unfair treatment, not just on the court but outside the court/gym in opposing towns. I refrain from using the racism card because it's just crybaby stuff, so I for sure won't go there. But bias does exist, on every plane. The same way you guys felt about playing at Belcourt, is the same way the Belcourt kids feel about playing at certain places. It's a two-way street so TM shouldn't be singled out in this matter.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjunkie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 am

Refs don't win or lose games...coaches and players do that...all the rest are just excuses. Go Braves!
bbjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby presz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:17 pm

luvsports wrote:Century shot 21 for 70 that is why Belcourt was even in the game. Belcourt should beat St Mary's handily - (it will be interesting to see how Tescher handles himself up there). Mandan by 15 points.

Yeah good call on that one
presz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

i remember #1 ranked St. Mary's heading into Belcourt back in 2002 where they lost by 10 and beat TM at home by 45. You cant tell me there isnt something fishy going on there when there is a 55 point swing like that. I dont know how it is to play there and how the refs are anymore, but from about 2000-2007 when i started following ND High School sports the reffing up there definitely favored TM. And I've played in a few games up there. Maybe it has changed since then, I dont know, but I doubt it's changed much if any at all. The results speak for itself.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Mandan won 73-50.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby uncheels » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:06 pm

they lost by nineteen
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Girls' game?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys