Best Century Nickname?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Century Nickname?

Jesse "The Birdman" Kartes
20%
Matt "The Sniper" Pfaff
5%
Justin "The Slammin" Ledger
No votes
Garrett "The Speed" Jacobs
No votes
Andre "The Little Giant" Maund
5%
Bruce Goving "or Go Home!"
55%
Chris "Too Tall" Rivinius
No votes
Chris "The Plumber" Rivinius
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: Best Century Nickname?

Postby Home Run » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Agreed. I come on here for basketball. I live in Minnesota. However, I spend far more time on this site than Minnesota's due to the quality/useful information provided to those of us who live too far away to see the action, actual oncourt issues, etc. that make your game so much fun to follow.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby gerth21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:32 am

Look, balla45. I have nothing against you. I've been reading this forum since late 2007 and only now have decided to get an account now because this has angered me. Yes, these Century topics are getting old. But Baller_2010 has broke no rules with this thread, and as a mod you of all people should know that. Banning him was a blatant abuse of power, and in my opinion you broke the rules by posting your disapproval in the first place. These actions call for at the very least an apology, and probably even disciplinary action following what everyone else would receive for the same actions. Just because you have many posts and a mod status doesn't make you immune to the rules you enforce. And as far as seriousness goes, let these kids have some fun. What more can you expect from high school students? A little fun here and there among the many similar topics found here will keep some people coming to this forum. This isn't like the other topics calling Century players God.

And I voted for Chris "The Plummer" Rivinius. Sweet name.
You know you're egotistical when you think people hate you because you THINK you're the best.
gerth21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Look, balla45. I have nothing against you. I've been reading this forum since late 2007 and only now have decided to get an account now because this has angered me. These sentences contradict each other. You have nothing against me, yet you created an account simply to tell me about your disapproval of the ways in which I used my moderating abilities. Yes, these Century topics are getting old. But Baller_2010 has broke no rules with this thread, and as a mod you of all people should know that.He actually wrote that Rivinius shuts Kielpinski's water off, and that can easily be taken as creating a topic with the purpose of criticizing an athlete, which technically is a rules violation, if you really want to get into that. See rules #7 and #8. Banning him was a blatant abuse of power, and in my opinion you broke the rules by posting your disapproval in the first place. I did not abuse my power, and I was actually the moderator that unbanned Baller_2010, even though I left a message that stated something to the effect that if any moderator disagreed with Baller_2010 being banned, they should feel free to bring him back. I did not break a rule, I posted my disapproval of a topic, which I am allowed to do. Read the topic that at one point was a global announcement, " http://www.northdakotapreps.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7561 " if you have any questions about why Baller_2010 was banned. These actions call for at the very least an apology, and probably even disciplinary action following what everyone else would receive for the same actions. I feel I did nothing wrong, and as such, no apology will come from me. Any other poster who posted the exact same thing that I did in this topic would have warranted a response from me stating something like, "the topic is stupid and has been deleted." Just because you have many posts and a mod status doesn't make you immune to the rules you enforce. This is correct. I follow the rules. And as far as seriousness goes, let these kids have some fun. What more can you expect from high school students? I was in high school a year ago. I was a moderator a year ago. I don't think it is very difficult to be serious. A little fun here and there among the many similar topics found here will keep some people coming to this forum. This is true. It is also true that people complain about topics like this and no longer want to visit the forum, because of topics like this. This isn't like the other topics calling Century players God. It has certain similarities.

And I voted for Chris "The Plummer" Rivinius. Sweet name. I think Andre the little giant Maund is probably the best, Govig or go home is a close second.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:39 pm

My only regret was not reading Baller_2010's posting history until after I banned him, because if I had, I would have realized that he was being completely sarcastic.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm

i thought you said we werent going to hear from you on this topic again?

You didn't really ask a question here, but I changed my mind.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Home Run » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Again, I don't personally know balla45, but I do appreciate the excellent insight and information that he provides to all of us living far from North Dakota. Serioulsy why would you want to nitpick over semantics on a message board. My opinion only matters so much, but it certainly seems like many of you are trying to verbally challenge or bait balla45. I have no idea as to why you would do that. This is a rhetorical statement so no answer is needed. As for those of you have been reading in the shadows, but have only come out to express your anger. I wish you would return to the Shadows or keep your posts focused on high school basketball.

We are heading into the most exciting time of the year for the great game of basketball. Can we please get back to providing information and oncourt discussion towards the game of basketball in the great state of North Dakota?
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby powercat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 pm

powercat wrote:i thought you said we werent going to hear from you on this topic again?

You didn't really ask a question here, but I changed my mind.

The topic says Best Century Nickname? Is that really a question? I didnt see you jumping on that.

Oh and i guess your word doesnt mean much, does it? And yes i did ask a question here so the question mark is ok.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 pm

It does say that. No. I jumped all over this topic.

I pay no mind to what you guess my word means. I am aware that you asked a question.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby gerth21 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 am

These sentences contradict each other. You have nothing against me, yet you created an account simply to tell me about your disapproval of the ways in which I used my moderating abilities. I have no beef with you, I simply disagree with your decision on this subject. The way that the government is pushing it's limits and the way you are too has angered me. He actually wrote that Rivinius shuts Kielpinski's water off, and that can easily be taken as creating a topic with the purpose of criticizing an athlete, which technically is a rules violation, if you really want to get into that. See rules #7 and #8. You called this topic stupid, which can be considered criticizing the athletes mentioned or baller_2010 himself. Maybe this means a lot to one of the Century players.I did not abuse my power, and I was actually the moderator that unbanned Baller_2010, even though I left a message that stated something to the effect that if any moderator disagreed with Baller_2010 being banned, they should feel free to bring him back. I did not break a rule, I posted my disapproval of a topic, which I am allowed to do. Read the topic that at one point was a global announcement, " viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7561 " if you have any questions about why Baller_2010 was banned. I believe this was baller_2010's first offense, was it not? I have no recollection of prior offenses of the sort. By your own statement that is grounds for deletion, not suspension. And as far as mods go, no offense but this is like every other forum I'm on. Mods stick together. End of story. I feel I did nothing wrong, and as such, no apology will come from me. Any other poster who posted the exact same thing that I did in this topic would have warranted a response from me stating something like, "the topic is stupid and has been deleted." Nothing wrong? What gives you the right to call someone else's question or idea stupid? What are we becoming, China? This is correct. I follow the rules. As far as I can see the rules follow you. [color=#FF0000]I was in high school a year ago. I was a moderator a year ago. I don't think it is very difficult to be serious. [/color] I never said it was hard. But for every person who is dead serious about life on this site there is another that enjoys a laugh here or there. This is true. It is also true that people complain about topics like this and no longer want to visit the forum, because of topics like this. To be honest I would be more likely to no-longer visit the forum due to your signature than the topics in this forum. It is way too cocky for an old man. It has certain similarities. But it is still not the same. I think Andre the little giant Maund is probably the best, Govig or go home is a close second. I will agree with this statement.

P.S. I can change colors too!
You know you're egotistical when you think people hate you because you THINK you're the best.
gerth21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 am

These sentences contradict each other. You have nothing against me, yet you created an account simply to tell me about your disapproval of the ways in which I used my moderating abilities.
I have no beef with you, I simply disagree with your decision on this subject. The way that the government is pushing it's limits and the way you are too has angered me. It seems obvious that you have a beef with me, as it is your own assertion that you created an account solely to show that you have a problem with what I do.

He actually wrote that Rivinius shuts Kielpinski's water off, and that can easily be taken as creating a topic with the purpose of criticizing an athlete, which technically is a rules violation, if you really want to get into that. See rules #7 and #8.
You called this topic stupid, which can be considered criticizing the athletes mentioned or baller_2010 himself. Maybe this means a lot to one of the Century players.
Again, by your own assertion, I wrote that this is a stupid topic. At no point did I write that any of the individuals mentioned were stupid, nor did I criticize baller_2010. I criticized the topic, and I quote "because of the stupidity of this topic." Please explain to me why it matters if this topic means a lot to one of the Century players.

I did not abuse my power, and I was actually the moderator that unbanned Baller_2010, even though I left a message that stated something to the effect that if any moderator disagreed with Baller_2010 being banned, they should feel free to bring him back. I did not break a rule, I posted my disapproval of a topic, which I am allowed to do. Read the topic that at one point was a global announcement, " [url]viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7561[/url] " if you have any questions about why Baller_2010 was banned.
I believe this was baller_2010's first offense, was it not? I have no recollection of prior offenses of the sort. By your own statement that is grounds for deletion, not suspension. And as far as mods go, no offense but this is like every other forum I'm on. Mods stick together. End of story.
This was baller_2010's first violation, later deemed to not be a major violation after discussion with other posters and moderators. I stated that if an individual has posted that this was the stupidest topic they had ever seen, I would have deleted the topic. I did not state at any point that I would not have banned the person who created the topic. 2 weeks may have been excessive, so maybe a day or two would have sufficed. Not that this matters because baller_2010 was reinstated rather quickly. The mods on here do not stick together completely. There have been instances where one has disagreed with something that I did, and made the proper changes. Checks and balances.
I feel I did nothing wrong, and as such, no apology will come from me. Any other poster who posted the exact same thing that I did in this topic would have warranted a response from me stating something like, "the topic is stupid and has been deleted."
Nothing wrong? What gives you the right to call someone else's question or idea stupid? What are we becoming, China?
I feel that I did nothing wrong. Stupidity is the perfect word to describe what this topic is to me. Stupidity being "the state, quality, or fact of being stupid." Stupid being inane, pointless, annoying, irritating, and troublesome. This topic is inane, pointless, annoying, irritating, and troublesome to me. So I really don't think that I did anything wrong in stating that. Please explain what you mean with this reference to us becoming China.
This is correct. I follow the rules.
As far as I can see the rules follow you.
Please explain this one.
I was in high school a year ago. I was a moderator a year ago. I don't think it is very difficult to be serious.
I never said it was hard. But for every person who is dead serious about life on this site there is another that enjoys a laugh here or there.
This is probably true. However, these people who enjoy a laugh are usually the people who create topics and posts that are fictitious and stupid. Examples can be the posts about Coach Smiley from Belcourt, Belcourt going undefeated this season, people watching Belcourt's practice, other people's training violations, players that are not real, players that do not play in North Dakota, etc. I think the people who are serious bring much more value to this site than the people who think that this site is a joke. I use this site to get and give information and I believe others do the same. If people want to make jokes, there is a forum entitled "Open Topics - Sports and other things" which is a much better place for these jokes.

This is true. It is also true that people complain about topics like this and no longer want to visit the forum, because of topics like this.
To be honest I would be more likely to no-longer visit the forum due to your signature than the topics in this forum. It is way too cocky for an old man.

This is seperated because it matters much more to me. My signature will not be changing until I find something else that I like. It may seem cocky to you, or any number of people, but this really does not matter to me. I do not live in a fantasy world where I think people will not hate me, or hate on me, and I welcome all haters. Haters are one of my biggest motivators.

P.S. I know you can change colors. I changed colors to make it easy to seperate your words from mine. This time my original response is in red, your response is in blue, and my new response is in black.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:46 am

We don't need a riot started here over this topic. Sorry but I'm locking it. There is no easy way to deal with it and I'm not taking any sides.

I'd like to not have to moderate everything so much, but this forum would turn into total chaos if we didn't, then it would be shut down right away. So give the moderators some slack, they are ones who have kept this place afloat for the past 4 years, whether you agree or not. It's not like they get paid to read through the comments, they are here because they like the discussions that are possible when members have something to they want to say.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys