Mandan vs. BHS

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Mandan vs. BHS

Postby Home Run » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:16 pm

No worries squeak63. You are normally on the money with your inside information. What is your prediction for the Century - Bismarck game? I know where your allegiance lies, but what do you think is going to happen? When is the last time Century beat Bismarck?
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:29 am

its going to be an interesting game... its going to be hard to watch this game because my heart will always be a demon and will always hate century but i also have a lot of respect for mattern...I think bhs will pull it out... i just don't think century can match their talent... last time century beat bismarck was 05 i believe... senger got kicked out early and eric grey cloud his a buzzer beater to win .... it was an epic game
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 pm

bhs is very beatable. their the best defensive team in the state, but they cant score, cant shoot the perimeter jumper. keep them out of the paint and finley off the offensive glass and you got a chance. i think caley might need to get a little more playing time so they can get some more perimeter scoring. once esley is 100% again he will have to take over the scoring load a little more.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbball1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 pm

I also believe that bhs is beatable. my prediction is that they win by 10 though, because of there great defense. I dont see dexter getting to far with rivinius on him. If this happens they will have to do more perimeter shooting, and we will see if they can hit the long ones.
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bawlhogg701 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

BHS is beatable...they lost to two teams from different states...without Thorton. However, I don't see them losing to Dickinson or Century. Dickinson lost to Turtle Mtns. and BHS beat them by 40+ points. Century barely beat Turtle Mtns and lost to Mandan...both teams BHS handled with eaze. Bismarck high will have a cake walk through the WDA.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 pm

i think century will bring a little more intensity vs bhs than they did against belcourt.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby uncheels » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Yes they will, just because the simple fact, Century porbably thought it would be a cake walk but it ended up being a close one. I would really like to see Century win this one.
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvsports » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:19 am

uncheels wrote:Yes they will, just because the simple fact, Century porbably thought it would be a cake walk but it ended up being a close one. I would really like to see Century win this one.

It will not only be BHS vs CHS, but, Miller vs Mattern for the 1st time. The seats at the Civic Center might be full for the JV games...
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby bawlhogg701 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 am

balla45 wrote:And like I said, very beatable. I won't be surprised if Joe goes for 50 against them.

I would be surprised...because Joe didn't score 50 against Belcourt and their teams defense is nowhere near the level of BHS's this year.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 am

BHS tries to play everyone straight up. If they do that against Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if he had 50. He had 42 last year against the same team, with the same people guarding him. The biggest difference is that he has improved more than BHS has.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 pm

How can he have improved more than bismarck if bismarck is undefeated in ND? I mean what else can they do? Their (dickinson) Coach needs to stop playing him(hanstad) for the entire game so he can be effective the whole time he is out there and not 1 out of 3 plays. He played the whole game against jamestown and yes i saw you said he had the flu, but then why did he play the whole game (especially since his team was getting killed). They need to rethink their strategy a bit to even score 50 points as a team against bismarck.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 pm

We will see tomorrow. Also, I watched the Jamestown game. I didn't see the same things as you. Sinner went around Kielpinski and scored, twice. Also hit a jumper over him. Most of his points came in the first half, when Kielpinski was sitting with two fouls. I didn't keep Sinner's stats, but Kielpinski's 8 point 7 rebound second half makes me think this battle was a lot closer than you made it seem.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 am

did you also see the 2 or 3 times Bryan put it on the floor and had it stolen away? Or the 3or 4 times he posted up and only turned to his strong hand and missed? Or got an offensive foul because people can just stand off his right shoulder cause they know he will turn that way?

Of course you saw things the other way you are a mandan fan. I am a jamestown fan. Everyone has a biassed opinion for their home team. But since you like to bring up facts the above are all Facts. ( Not sure on the exact numbers but i dont believe i saw him turn left on the post). Part of being a good playing is keeping yourself on the Court, so saying that someone is doing better than someone only be cause he is on the bench with foul trouble is a poor argument.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 am

Yes. Yes. No. He got called for an offensive foul going to his left shoulder in the post, it was a very questionable call, but there were a lot of questionable calls going both ways.

It really isn't a poor argument in saying that Sinner was able to do better because he was in the game. That is why he did better. He had 3 nice moves against Kielpinski, plus a jump shot over him. The game I watched is much different than the complete domination I read about from you. Then again, I benefit from being able to watch each possession as many times as I want, which will give me a better ability to analyze the game, simply because I watched more of it.

That said, you are a Jamestown fan and I am a Mandan fan, which makes our arguments somewhat entertaining, at least to me.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys