Red River basketball???

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Red River basketball???

Postby bbjunkie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 am

p4 and ndbasketball...you need to live in the real world.. i am way too old, i would hope i don't make the team..haha..and P4..you are pretty quiet now after losing to south..see what is going on instead of being blind sheep..or are you kirby or jason..haha..you can manipulate stats to say anything.I never said anything about how many points RR gives up...I said they don't play defense..you look at shot % and make the case that they play great defense....watch them play...they don't guard the ball very well,,beat off the dribble..and tonight they gave wawers and pos 10-15 footers all night...and then wawers hits the 3 to win when luke leaves to help battle...battle is quickest kid on the floor...he should not need help but battle only blocks shots from behind once he gets beat......if RR does not shoot lights out..they lose to north twice...they might have north's number but they may never play north again this year...facts are not necessarily negative ndbask...fact is those south players could get any shot they wanted anytime they wanted it...heck the 9 grader from dl was getting whatever shot he wanted when he played against rr.....this is not the rr players fault..it is a coaching philosophy!

There is no expectation from the coaches that you play defense..now they are messing with the arvidson kid's head...take him off jv and start him for varsity...then he struggles one game...take hanson off jv put arvidison back on jv...and when hanson cools off..back he will go to jv too...if i was a parent at rr i would not be happy....

congrats to the hard working defense first teams in the edc like shanley, south and west fargo...not one of those three have the quickness or talent that rr does...but they come to play every night...defense comes to play every night...

I hear a lot of talk about mental toughness these days, but shouldn't coaches be mentally tough too..shouldn't they know when to keep their mouth quiet and not get a technical...should they stomp around on the bench, on the way to locker room, show up players that are not their stars, show so much outward frustration for their team? Set an example for your team. I like coaches involved and competitive but have some mental toughness not to throw tantrums and stomp around.
bbjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:36 pm

bbjunkie wrote:p4 and ndbasketball...you need to live in the real world.. i am way too old, i would hope i don't make the team..haha..and P4..you are pretty quiet now after losing to south..see what is going on instead of being blind sheep..or are you kirby or jason..haha..you can manipulate stats to say anything.I never said anything about how many points RR gives up...I said they don't play defense..you look at shot % and make the case that they play great defense....watch them play...they don't guard the ball very well,,beat off the dribble..and tonight they gave wawers and pos 10-15 footers all night...and then wawers hits the 3 to win when luke leaves to help battle...battle is quickest kid on the floor...he should not need help but battle only blocks shots from behind once he gets beat......if RR does not shoot lights out..they lose to north twice...they might have north's number but they may never play north again this year...facts are not necessarily negative ndbask...fact is those south players could get any shot they wanted anytime they wanted it...heck the 9 grader from dl was getting whatever shot he wanted when he played against rr.....this is not the rr players fault..it is a coaching philosophy!

There is no expectation from the coaches that you play defense..now they are messing with the arvidson kid's head...take him off jv and start him for varsity...then he struggles one game...take hanson off jv put arvidison back on jv...and when hanson cools off..back he will go to jv too...if i was a parent at rr i would not be happy....

congrats to the hard working defense first teams in the edc like shanley, south and west fargo...not one of those three have the quickness or talent that rr does...but they come to play every night...defense comes to play every night...

I hear a lot of talk about mental toughness these days, but shouldn't coaches be mentally tough too..shouldn't they know when to keep their mouth quiet and not get a technical...should they stomp around on the bench, on the way to locker room, show up players that are not their stars, show so much outward frustration for their team? Set an example for your team. I like coaches involved and competitive but have some mental toughness not to throw tantrums and stomp around.

yeah red river lost to south. if you read my post i did say that they are streaky and run into trouble when they shoot to many long shots. but they split the season series with south and south is not a bad team. you are making a loss to south sound like the worst basketball performance ever. i will say again like i said before RED RIVER IS A STREAKY TEAM. IF THEY BALANCE THE DEEP SHOTS WITH THE SHORT SHOTS THEY CAN COMPETE WITH ANYONE there. i bolded it so many you can see and read it now.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:01 pm

South's victories this year = Devils Lake twice, Wahpeton twice, Central, and now RR. Now, please tell me where those first 3 teams are in the standings of the EDC and then get back to me :D
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dillseeds » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 pm

roundem6 wrote:South's victories this year = Devils Lake twice, Wahpeton twice, Central, and now RR. Now, please tell me where those first 3 teams are in the standings of the EDC and then get back to me :D

so if red river is so terribly awful like you consistantly make them out to be.....why do your beloved spartens always seem to drop the ball against this "brutally dismal" team you refer too?
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:52 pm

You just made my point pal. I posted on their inconsistent play and thats exactly what the loss to south proves. North lost to them because RR probably shot about 60% both games with about 10 total 3s. Now, look at the South game last night, the shooting wasnt there and the defense was the same as it always is and what is the end result, a loss. Anddddd my Spartans are 13-2 and in 1st in the EDC so ill take that over 3rd or 4th depending on Shanleys game tonight.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dillseeds » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:56 pm

it just matters when you come to play and like you said the end result. The only thing that matters is the EDC tournament
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Exactly. And I already agreed that RR could be a dangerous team come EDC/State tournament with their perimeter offense. If they played some solid defense they could be one of the best teams in state but lacking that comes the inconsistency.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trigger » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 am

loss to Devils lake and now Moorhead tuesday ? I don't understand, injury?
trigger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportszone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:06 pm

No injuries.....it looks like the team morale is down.
ndsportszone
NDPreps Rookie

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:58 pm

ndsportszone wrote:No injuries.....it looks like the team morale is down.

i agree. it seems like they dont get up for the games anymore. when things start to go downhill they just turn it in.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjunkie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Not trying to beat a dead horse but they are not very good defensively. Again, not ragging on the players, their coaches spend no time concentrating on defense. They have um-teen hundred offensive plays but they get beat consistently off the dribble, no help defense, coached to let kids get to the block on the drive before they get help. Their guards are as good and as quick as any in the sate. They should be able to at least stop guard penetration but oh no..the 9th grader from DL..Mertens could get any shot he wanted against RR. And to see their coach up and down from his chair pouting and just throwing tantrums on the sidelines and then giving up late in games by sitting and sulking...i am sorry..that is not mental toughness....RR has talent but it is not talent that is controlled and harnessed into a winning formula. I think because they are not expected to work on defense, when things get tough, they lose their drive. They are not the hardest working team because they only focus on who can score the ball. Hanson plays a lot now, he started the season starting then went to playing jv and now back just strictly varsity. Arvidson started JV, then after lighting it up on jv became strictly varsity now he is back playing jv. Hanson and Arvidson are on a yo-yo, can't be good for confidence. It is too bad for the players because I hope they can make a run and get to state and roll the dice...but if they have to beat shanley or south..i don't know.
Not surprising though...if you look at gregory at Dakota Praire or DL...kind the same MO
bbjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportszone » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:38 am

In order for Red River to be successful in EDC they need to play great defense and team ball...that means that they look for the open pass when they drive and one person can not shoot 20 to 30 times in a game. They played their best ball in EDC last year and they played as a team, there was not alot of forced shots and no one shot the ball 20-30 times. But that was not the case when they got to state and they lost two and went home.
ndsportszone
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dakotahoops » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Can't understand them. They can sure a lot of points. Let Matt Bauduin (formally from WF) tear them up for a triple double 31 points 10 assists and 10 rebounds. I hope they get it togther this week
dakotahoops
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys