Brian Qvale

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndbb » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:12 pm

it is a shame he didnt go to Montana State and play for Brad Huse, Huse is a great coach.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 pm

didnt he verbally commit there
ballplayer15

Postby ndbb » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:18 pm

All i know is he signed with Montana.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:22 pm

oh i thought that u said montana u said montana state my bad
ballplayer15

Postby Lamby » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Well i'm glad that everyone has for now stopped bashing Brian Qvale... i'm pumped for basketball season, so you all can see how good he is
Lamby

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:47 pm

hes tall not necesarilly talented but hes tall and some what cordinated
ballplayer15

Postby Lamby » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:13 am

If he isn't talented why was he so heavily recruited by big D-1 schools??? answer me that
Lamby

Postby ballplayer15 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:19 pm

because hes tall
ballplayer15

Postby yotesline » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:36 am

Qvale's tall and talented, everyone's gonna be amazed this year, just wait until basketball season.
yotesline
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MHSfan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:23 am

Is Brian considered a god in Williston? It seems like that because all you Williston guys seem to think hes the Michael Jordan of North Dakota basketball. If I remember correctly, Shane Duchserer shut him down when we played them , he even blocked one of shots once or twice. He out rebounded and outplayed Brian with his physical play, Quavle was soft. If he comes back this year and is going to be a stud like all you Williston guys are reporting, then I will eat crow later on in the season. But until he shows me that he just isn't a tall giant with mediocre hands I am standing by my response.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:30 am

MHSfan wrote:Is Brian considered a god in Williston? It seems like that because all you Williston guys seem to think hes the Michael Jordan of North Dakota basketball. If I remember correctly, Shane Duchserer shut him down when we played them , he even blocked one of shots once or twice. He out rebounded and outplayed Brian with his physical play, Quavle was soft. If he comes back this year and is going to be a stud like all you Williston guys are reporting, then I will eat crow later on in the season. But until he shows me that he just isn't a tall giant with mediocre hands I am standing by my response.

eat a crow huh? Pretty big words coming out of your mouth!  for your sake, u better hope that he does real bad
Last edited by nd-ball41 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nd-ball41

Postby MHSfan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:31 am

What I mean't was(eating crow) that if he impresses me this year (which he didn't last year), I will swallow my pride and admit that I was wrong.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:12 pm

MHSfan the reason dueshcer dominated him is well because duescher is simply better
ballplayer15

Postby MHSfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:53 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:MHSfan the reason dueshcer dominated him is well because duescher is simply better

My point exactly, Brian is seriously over-rated. He is just like Mitch Mayer from Bishop Ryan last year, tall, tall ,and just being tall. He was by far the worst 6-10 6-11 player that I have ever seen. Mitch was just the same, he would miss inside 3 times from his own rebounds in a row and brick them at least five times a game. Ducherer was a stud period; just a work horse. If all you Williston kids want to complain and stick up for your boy then by all means do it.
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby paperboy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:04 pm

I couldn't agree more with the fact that Quale is overrated.  I've seen him play many times and I'm telling you, he is not a division 1 player.  Last year I saw him shoot a free throw and it was about 3 feet short and wide left, an air ball that was so ugly.  He does not have any timing even on his free throws.  And he's got no hands and that ain't something you can teach.
Last edited by paperboy on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paperboy

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:12 pm

It's funny how like no one outside Williston has anything positive to say about Qvale.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:26 am

thenextbigthing wrote:MHSfan the reason dueshcer dominated him is well because duescher is simply better

dueshcer dominated him yes, but he also has a year more of varsity basketball under his belt. Though some of you might not see this as a difference though i see it as being crucile. If they played again this year i think qualve would have the better of the two he is a legit player. A lot of people say hes not DI worthy, but your all kind of jelous because he's tall and in basketball thats how he makes his living.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby hooppride » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:56 am

If Shane Dueshcer is so much better than Qvale, then why is he playing his college basketball at Williston State? A person would think that he could go bigger if hes that amazing. Just leave Qvale alone, and dont judge him by his play last season. Wait until this season gets rolling before u judge him anymore.
hooppride

Postby ballplayer15 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Like i said plenty of times why he is going to a D1 school is because he is tall duescher isnt tall
ballplayer15

Postby kvrnm » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:09 pm

ive heard hes gotten alot better. and should have a monster year. it mite appear as if im really wishy washy in this forum about this topic, but its becus there iis like 3 other ppl that have posted in here on my account so sorry if i stuff anyone off. and brian should have a big year.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby football33 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:03 pm

duesher is not very good at all, even at williston state hes not doing very good, i dont see how u could even compare them two
football33

Postby smart source » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:51 pm

shane was all state last year...he is just one of those players that every1 knew was going to be better in high school than college
smart source

Postby hooppride » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:18 am

thenextbigthing wrote:hes tall not necesarilly talented but hes tall and some what cordinated

Why does everybody talk about how qvuale isnt coordinated or how he has bad hands, he was the 2nd leading receiver in the West for football this year. I would think that coordination and hands would be needed to do that
hooppride

Postby cdub1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:10 am

catching a football and catching a basketball are two different things but i still would say he is pretty athletic and his hands arnt bad

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:37 pm

how is catching a football that different from catching a basketball?  in my experiences its alot alike.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys