MANDAN @ CENTURY (BOYS AND GIRLS)

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

MANDAN @ CENTURY (BOYS AND GIRLS)

Postby skyman13 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 pm

WHAT MIGHT B THE OUTCOME OF THESE 2 CONTESTS...??
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Re: MANDAN @ CENTURY (BOYS AND GIRLS)

Postby TheYessMan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:24 am

skyman13 wrote:WHAT MIGHT B THE OUTCOME OF THESE 2 CONTESTS...??

Oh BABY! idk about the girls. mandan has gunners, but face it they lost a ton of talent last year that wont be made up. century lost some talent also, so it makes it hard to determine the outcome. i would toss it up between century having a faster paced game. AS for the guys, i would have to go with (as most of you would know if you couldn't have guessed by now) the 3-0 patriots. With Stone-faced Coach Mattirn at the helm, century has a passionate and fearful coach. He has whipped the guys in shape. I am looking for Jesse "BIRDMAN" Kartes having a big game in minutes and in points. Bruce and Chris will try and make it tough for the big man of mandan, brian kelpinski. I have to give where credit is due however, Brian kilpinski will have a big game. BUT, i forsee the outcome with century as the victors. Let's face it, Kilpinski does not have enough weapons in his arsenal to stop the flight of the birdman his flock of birds!! A big bird call now to all who dont believe, CACAAAAAAWWW!!!!
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 am

TheYessMan wrote:
skyman13 wrote:WHAT MIGHT B THE OUTCOME OF THESE 2 CONTESTS...??

Oh BABY! idk about the girls. mandan has gunners, but face it they lost a ton of talent last year that wont be made up. century lost some talent also, so it makes it hard to determine the outcome. i would toss it up between century having a faster paced game. AS for the guys, i would have to go with (as most of you would know if you couldn't have guessed by now) the 3-0 patriots. With Stone-faced Coach Mattirn at the helm, century has a passionate and fearful coach. He has whipped the guys in shape. I am looking for Jesse "BIRDMAN" Kartes having a big game in minutes and in points. Bruce and Chris will try and make it tough for the big man of mandan, brian kelpinski. I have to give where credit is due however, Brian kilpinski will have a big game. BUT, i forsee the outcome with century as the victors. Let's face it, Kilpinski does not have enough weapons in his arsenal to stop the flight of the birdman his flock of birds!! A big bird call now to all who dont believe, CACAAAAAAWWW!!!!

Mandan by 10. Kielpinski has a field day. Around 20 and 10, shooting at about 75%. Century has no one that can guard Coyle. Eisenbeis is going to have a sneaky good game. The holes in Bucholtz's offensive game are going to be exposed by a coach like Horner, severely limiting Century's offense. Century's best chance of winning this game is hoping that Kielpinski has 35 and 15 and no one else contributes. Kartes should have a decent night, he is one of the few players I have seen in the WDA that actually has post moves.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am

Good to have views from both ends of spectrum..I have it a toss up..Kielpinski will step up on the BIG stage tonight...Coyle is one of the smoothest sophomores to come around in a while...Supporting cast for Braves needs to rise to occasion...I agree that Eisenbeis may come out tonight..Seems to play well against counterparts from across the river.. did last year in JV games...

Girls looks like a TEAM Century against a one woman show (Pederson) Steph..and a rag tag type of ball from Braves..Century by 10
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Boys game Mandan 43 Century 42...Gritty tough nosed defensive game...What a GREAT atmosphere for local players to be involved with at the CHS gym !!! :o
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:38 pm

skyman13 wrote:Boys game Mandan 43 Century 42...Gritty tough nosed defensive game...What a GREAT atmosphere for local players to be involved with at the CHS gym !!! :o

OH BOY!! what a game... exciting to be in the crowd.. it looked as if mandan was going to take off, but century began its comeback. too bad jesse couldnt hit the buzzer beater. It was a great game, cant wait till the next game with different results
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Kelpenski and Govig were a bust. Really poor shooting the first half. 24 - 15 half time score is really bad! It was not the result of good D either. Flaa for Mandan played well. He definetly is underrated and is a very athletic kid.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TheYessMan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Eminence wrote:Kelpenski and Govig were a bust. Really poor shooting the first half. 24 - 15 half time score is really bad! It was not the result of good D either. Flaa for Mandan played well. He definetly is underrated and is a very athletic kid.

I'm sorry but flaa had a few ''flaws'' in his game man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Flaa was the only Mandan player to shoot well. Everyone else couldn't hit anything. Mandan scored 4 points the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. And they were easy shots its just that nothing would fall. And they need to figure out how to shoot free throws. They'll lose some close games if they don't.

MANDAN (43): Britan Eisenbeis 1-9 2-2 5, Mike Miller 1-1 3-6 5, Bryan Kielpinski 4-11 4-8 12, Jay Flaa 7-12 0-1 16, Devin Coyle 1-6 0-0 2, Jacob Friesz 1-6 0-0 2, Mark Zinke 0-1 0-0 0, Seth Westby 0-0 0-0 0, Casey Breuer 0-0 1-2 1, Dale Haugen 0-0 0-0 0. Totals: 15-46 10-19 43.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbball1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 pm

this was a very exciting game for the crowd, century made the game interesting by making a big run in the end. cant wait to see what happens on mandans court.
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Eminence wrote:Kelpenski and Govig were a bust. Really poor shooting the first half. 24 - 15 half time score is really bad! It was not the result of good D either. Flaa for Mandan played well. He definetly is underrated and is a very athletic kid.

Jay is Mandan's most improved player easily. He has always had a nice high release and was a good shooter, but he hit the weight room and learned how to play defense. He is holding it down for the 4th Avenue.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:34 pm

As far as shooting, it looks like both teams had big game jitters. Both teams shot 33%

MANDAN (43): Britan Eisenbeis 1-9 2-2 5, Mike Miller 1-1 3-6 5, Bryan Kielpinski 4-11 4-8 12, Jay Flaa 7-12 0-1 16, Devin Coyle 1-6 0-0 2, Jacob Friesz 1-6 0-0 2, Mark Zinke 0-1 0-0 0, Seth Westby 0-0 0-0 0, Casey Breuer 0-0 1-2 1, Dale Haugen 0-0 0-0 0. Totals: 15-46 10-19 43.

CENTURY (42): Garret Jacobs 0-5 0-0 0, Bruce Govig 0-7 0-0 0, Jesse Kartes 3-8 0-0 7, Ryan Buchholz 5-11 0-0 11, Justin Ledger 3-4 4-4 12, Chris Rivinius 3-7 0-0 6, Andre Maund 1-2 0-0 3, Matt Pfaff 0-1 0-0 0, Taylor Roth 0-1 0-0 0, Jared Thunshelle 1-2 0-0 3, Devin Melvie 0-1 0-0 0. Totals: 16-49 4-4 42.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 pm

I think Kielpinski will get back to dominant form. He is adjusting to his teammates. People have to realize that he has not played with these guys since he was a 7th grader.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:37 pm

I think all teams in the WDA is having this problem except Bismarck and Dickinson.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby KBFAN33 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:23 pm

balla45 wrote:I think Kielpinski will get back to dominant form. He is adjusting to his teammates. People have to realize that he has not played with these guys since he was a 7th grader.

how about Chris R. just shut his water off? only time i seen kielpinski score is when there was smaller player on him and chris was on the bench...give chris some credit..
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm

KBFAN33 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I think Kielpinski will get back to dominant form. He is adjusting to his teammates. People have to realize that he has not played with these guys since he was a 7th grader.

how about Chris R. just shut his water off? only time i seen kielpinski score is when there was smaller player on him and chris was on the bench...give chris some credit..

Kielpinski has the ability to completely dominate Rivinius. I think Rivinius is a solid player, but if Bryan gets the ball in some of his sweet spots, he has a much better game. He has to get the free throw percentage up and make some bunniest. If he makes 2 more free throws and 2 of the bunnies he missed, or Eisenbeis hits him on the break, or Coyle passes to him on a play that would have been a dunk, Kielpinski has 18-22 points intead of 12 points. Rivinius did a good job, but Bryan and his teammates have yet to adjust to each other yet. Bryan will be good if and when this happens.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 am

Mighty-Mouse wrote:I think all teams in the WDA is having this problem except Bismarck and Dickinson.

Just to throw this out, most of Bismarck high's team is made up of recruits. :shock:
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 am

balla45 wrote:
KBFAN33 wrote:

Kielpinski has the ability to completely dominate Rivinius. I think Rivinius is a solid player, but if Bryan gets the ball in some of his sweet spots, he has a much better game. He has to get the free throw percentage up and make some bunniest. If he makes 2 more free throws and 2 of the bunnies he missed, or Eisenbeis hits him on the break, or Coyle passes to him on a play that would have been a dunk, Kielpinski has 18-22 points intead of 12 points. Rivinius did a good job, but Bryan and his teammates have yet to adjust to each other yet. Bryan will be good if and when this happens.

Kielpinski shouldn't need to be familiar with his teammates in order to dominate. It helps to have team chemistry, but come on! Mandan should have known that their bigman should be the center of their team this year. It is not like the coach just randomly decides to not pass it to bryan. when players are on the court, the role players dish the ball off into the best players hands the majority of the time. this is mostly true for highschool and any other sports and so, you can not use the team chemistry factor in this situation.....
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:15 am

TheYessMan wrote:
balla45 wrote:
KBFAN33 wrote:

Kielpinski shouldn't need to be familiar with his teammates in order to dominate. It helps to have team chemistry, but come on! Mandan should have known that their bigman should be the center of their team this year. It is not like the coach just randomly decides to not pass it to bryan. when players are on the court, the role players dish the ball off into the best players hands the majority of the time. this is mostly true for highschool and any other sports and so, you can not use the team chemistry factor in this situation.....

I really don't think you have anything to base your opinion on. I've played with Kielpinski in over 200 games in the last 5 years. Our starting 5 basically played together for the last 5 years, including the summers. He has not played with some of these people in years.

I know that if you drive baseline, he wants a certain pass in a certain spot. If you go middle, he likes to go to a certain spot and get a certain pass. If you run a pick and roll, he does something 95% of the time. If you are on a break with him, you should do this, every time. If you pass to him, you should cut to a certain spot. If they had played with him for a longer time, they would know this. Most of Kielpinski's points last year did not come from him making post moves with his back to the basket, they came off of pick and rolls, drive and dishes, and free throws.

He is playing a completely different role this year and he has to adjust to his teammates, just as they have to adjust to him. People are saying that he is playing poorly, but he is averaging the same amount of points and rebounds are compared to last year.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:50 am

But you are basing your opinion on how BK is only struggling on the offensive side of the ball. I watched him play in the Jamestown and he got completely outplayed on both sides of the ball. Besides his 2 or 3 random blocks just cause he is 4-5 inches taller than everyone he played very poor D. Brian Sinner took him to the hoop 3 or 4 times. Maybe he doesn't have "defensive chemistry" with his team? But when you are guarding some one 1 on 1 does that really matter?

Oh and please stop predicting "Mandan by 15-20 and Bryan has a dominant game, 35-10, he is out to prove something" because you are just giving people firepower when he has a bad game. So far your Jamestown score prediction was off by 19 and BK had 10 points on less than 50 % shooting. And you Century prediction was off by 9 or 14 (can't remember) and BK had another less than awesome game.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:18 am

powercat wrote:But you are basing your opinion on how BK is only struggling on the offensive side of the ball. I watched him play in the Jamestown and he got completely outplayed on both sides of the ball. Besides his 2 or 3 random blocks just cause he is 4-5 inches taller than everyone he played very poor D. Brian Sinner took him to the hoop 3 or 4 times. Maybe he doesn't have "defensive chemistry" with his team? But when you are guarding some one 1 on 1 does that really matter?

Oh and please stop predicting "Mandan by 15-20 and Bryan has a dominant game, 35-10, he is out to prove something" because you are just giving people firepower when he has a bad game. So far your Jamestown score prediction was off by 19 and BK had 10 points on less than 50 % shooting. And you Century prediction was off by 9 or 14 (can't remember) and BK had another less than awesome game.

I was not in Jamestown so I can't comment on that.

Why would I stop predicting that Bryan has a dominant game? That is something that is likely to happen. I predicted Jamestown getting blown out, because I don't think Jamestown is a very good team, maybe they are. I predicted a Century win by 10 points, which is not unrealistic in any way.

A prediction that Kielpinski has 20 points and 10 rebounds is very, very likely to happen, so I will keep doing it. I don't really care if every other person loses faith in Bryan Kielpinski, because I actually know what he can do and I have his back.

Schreiner has 6 points against Minot and people say, how is this kid supposed to be good at all. I tell everyone he is going to bounce back, and he goes for 39 points. Bryan is going to do the exact same thing. It might not be 39 points, but he is going to bounce back in a big way.

Do you know basketball, or are you simply responding because it is me posting?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:18 pm

You dont have to know basketball to know when someone is getting outplayed. If someone said player "x" is not doing good because he hasn't gotten use to his team, and they predicted him to go 30 every night you would jump on them. I was at the Jamestown so i CAN comment on it. Out of his 10 points 6 of them were on wide open layups in transition. 3 or 4 times he got the ball by the post put the ball on the floor and had it stolen away. I wouldn't worry about him to much but you like to bring up how dominant he is so when he gets extremely outplayed one game and goes 4-11 the next game i will comment.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:45 pm

powercat wrote:You dont have to know basketball to know when someone is getting outplayed. If someone said player "x" is not doing good because he hasn't gotten use to his team, and they predicted him to go 30 every night you would jump on them. I was at the Jamestown so i CAN comment on it. Out of his 10 points 6 of them were on wide open layups in transition. 3 or 4 times he got the ball by the post put the ball on the floor and had it stolen away. I wouldn't worry about him to much but you like to bring up how dominant he is so when he gets extremely outplayed one game and goes 4-11 the next game i will comment.

If someone said player X, when player X was a returning first team all stater, I wouldn't jump on them. If player X was a nobody, then I would.

If you had watched Kielpinski last year, most of his points came on wide open layups or easy dunks. He has to make post moves this year, and that is a completely different role.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kielpinski will get back to dominant form, and I'll be watching on the 29th to hope he does it there.

I was surpised you commented because this is your first post in a basketball forum.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbball1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Kielpinski playing with new teamates makes a big difference, like baller45 said, it will only take time for them to get their team chemistry. he is also playing with 4 great perimiter shooters. last year he was playing with a totally different style of players, however Kielpinski will have to step his game up on rebounding, which i have no doubt that he will. the teamates he is playing with are not getting him the ball as much as last year players, if hes getting doubled the whole time that leaves them alot of open shots, which there not affraid to shoot. Kielpinski will step his game up and they will get him the ball alot more.
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheYessMan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 pm

ndbball1 wrote:Kielpinski playing with new teamates makes a big difference, like baller45 said, it will only take time for them to get their team chemistry. he is also playing with 4 great perimiter shooters. last year he was playing with a totally different style of players, however Kielpinski will have to step his game up on rebounding, which i have no doubt that he will. the teamates he is playing with are not getting him the ball as much as last year players, if hes getting doubled the whole time that leaves them alot of open shots, which there not affraid to shoot. Kielpinski will step his game up and they will get him the ball alot more.

i'm sorry but if team chemistry had to deal with his struggling against century then obviously you havent seen the games before that. he was dominant in his openers, so dont give me this junk about how he has to play with these guys before feeling comfortable. And Mauer, knowing what a player is capable of doing and what he is actually going to do are 2 different subjects. everyone knows that "kobe" can hit more than 50 points on any given night, but does someone just go out on a limb game after game that he will? NO!, it all has to do with circumstances, the team he plays and what is happening on the court that night. I'm not doubting kelpienski can hit 30 a game, but if he is struggling with team chemistry then why predict 30 points every game? does not make any sense. (just throwing in my 2 cents) :wink:
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys