MANDAN @ CENTURY (BOYS AND GIRLS)

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: MANDAN @ CENTURY (BOYS AND GIRLS)

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:01 am

TheYessMan wrote:
ndbball1 wrote:Kielpinski playing with new teamates makes a big difference, like baller45 said, it will only take time for them to get their team chemistry. he is also playing with 4 great perimiter shooters. last year he was playing with a totally different style of players, however Kielpinski will have to step his game up on rebounding, which i have no doubt that he will. the teamates he is playing with are not getting him the ball as much as last year players, if hes getting doubled the whole time that leaves them alot of open shots, which there not affraid to shoot. Kielpinski will step his game up and they will get him the ball alot more.

i'm sorry but if team chemistry had to deal with his struggling against century then obviously you havent seen the games before that. he was dominant in his openers, so dont give me this junk about how he has to play with these guys before feeling comfortable. And Mauer, knowing what a player is capable of doing and what he is actually going to do are 2 different subjects. everyone knows that "kobe" can hit more than 50 points on any given night, but does someone just go out on a limb game after game that he will? NO!, it all has to do with circumstances, the team he plays and what is happening on the court that night. I'm not doubting kelpienski can hit 30 a game, but if he is struggling with team chemistry then why predict 30 points every game? does not make any sense. (just throwing in my 2 cents) :wink:

Of course he was dominant in his openers, both games which I have seen. 31 and 13 against a team that is absolutely tiny, followed up by dominating a weak Fargo South team, as in they would be weak if they were in the WDA.

It does all have to do with circumstances, predicting that he dominates Jamestown makes sense, and I don't think anyone assumed that Century and Mandan would combine to score less than 90 points. If both teams get around that 70 point mark, which is usual, my prediction would have been accurate. Example, Flaa had 16 of 43 points, that is like having a 25 point game, because most games would have around 70 instead of low 40s.

I predict Kielpinski goes for 20 and 10 at West Fargo. After scrimmaging Mandan today, I feel that his game has gone back to the level it was at.

Also, I predicted 30 maybe once against Jamestown, don't remember offhand, but I didn't predict that against Century. I said something to the effect that Century's best chance of winning would be for Kielpinski to have 35 and the rest of the team to do nothing.

Just my 2 cents.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller_2010 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:09 am

balla45 wrote:I know that if you drive baseline, he wants a certain pass in a certain spot. If you go middle, he likes to go to a certain spot and get a certain pass. If you run a pick and roll, he does something 95% of the time. If you are on a break with him, you should do this, every time. If you pass to him, you should cut to a certain spot.

And is that a mystery that only you can unravel? Isn't Kielpinski capable of telling his teammates where he likes the ball and how he likes to get it? I think it might play a small factor but I think you're putting far too much weight on it.
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I know that if you drive baseline, he wants a certain pass in a certain spot. If you go middle, he likes to go to a certain spot and get a certain pass. If you run a pick and roll, he does something 95% of the time. If you are on a break with him, you should do this, every time. If you pass to him, you should cut to a certain spot.

And is that a mystery that only you can unravel? Isn't Kielpinski capable of telling his teammates where he likes the ball and how he likes to get it? I think it might play a small factor but I think you're putting far too much weight on it.

Are you trying to say that team chemistry only plays a small factor in how a team and its players perform? And while he is capable of doing that, saying it and doing it are two different things. They seemed to have done a good job adjusting, as they did a good job of getting him the ball against West Fargo.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbball1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:18 pm

TheYessMan wrote:
ndbball1 wrote:Kielpinski playing with new teamates makes a big difference, like baller45 said, it will only take time for them to get their team chemistry. he is also playing with 4 great perimiter shooters. last year he was playing with a totally different style of players, however Kielpinski will have to step his game up on rebounding, which i have no doubt that he will. the teamates he is playing with are not getting him the ball as much as last year players, if hes getting doubled the whole time that leaves them alot of open shots, which there not affraid to shoot. Kielpinski will step his game up and they will get him the ball alot more.

i'm sorry but if team chemistry had to deal with his struggling against century then obviously you havent seen the games before that. he was dominant in his openers, so dont give me this junk about how he has to play with these guys before feeling comfortable. And Mauer, knowing what a player is capable of doing and what he is actually going to do are 2 different subjects. everyone knows that "kobe" can hit more than 50 points on any given night, but does someone just go out on a limb game after game that he will? NO!, it all has to do with circumstances, the team he plays and what is happening on the court that night. I'm not doubting kelpienski can hit 30 a game, but if he is struggling with team chemistry then why predict 30 points every game? does not make any sense. (just throwing in my 2 cents) :wink:
i have only missed one game, i dont think i missed to much :wink:
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i am legend » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:51 am

TheYessMan wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:I think all teams in the WDA is having this problem except Bismarck and Dickinson.

Just to throw this out, most of Bismarck high's team is made up of recruits. :shock:

their not recruits!
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TheYessMan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm

i am legend wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:I think all teams in the WDA is having this problem except Bismarck and Dickinson.

Just to throw this out, most of Bismarck high's team is made up of recruits. :shock:

their not recruits!

oh?
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

With the game being played @ Mandan, my nod has to go to Mandan. Another low scoring game
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys