Mandan Braves BB 2010 version

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan Braves BB 2010 version

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:18 pm

What type of product do u see put on the court on Friday night and Sat vs East teams?? I believe young and eager with a hint of dominance at the post position with Brian K..Coach Horner will have them prepared..Good Luck this weekend..
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mandan Braves BB 2010 version

Postby squatch » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Mandan will beat south and probably beat Shanley pretty badly cause Shanley definately has no one tall enough to guard Big K
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Does anyone know of the times for all the west vs east games and locations
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Shanley@ MHS 7:30
South @ Century 7:30

Shanley @ Century 2:00
South @ MHS 2:15
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Agreed (K) too much for Shanley to handle..They may be playing without at least 1 of their best athletes recovering from FB Championship injury...Not much size..probably will 2 and 3 team Brian and that may get the others on the team off and going with confidence to begin the year..Eisenbeis, Friesz could do some damage shooting from mid to long range if that happens..

South will be a bigger test...They have a couple of bangers to maybe move K around a bit..but he has length and smarts to go along with many touch moves to hoop...Looks to be a better match-up as they do not return many from last season as well..MHS JV handled them last season twice
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:45 pm

my bad

Shanley @ Century (NOON) Sat :o
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Shanley has 2-3 players dinged up to various degrees from football, a couple may not play at all this weekend. Not much size, they'll be o.k. with everyone healthy, but without being at full strength they could really struggle against Mandan and Century.

I heard Hendrickson on the radio last night. Sounds like South is relatively healthy from football, they've got a banger inside in Rutter, but he's not nearly at Kielpinski's skill level. They should compete with both teams, they've got versatile players in the 6'-6'3" range.

Both Mandan and Century will likely come out of the weekend 2-0.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Thanks everyone :D
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby skyman13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Dont count out Shanley as giving it their all against Mandan...Both teams young and see what Braves can do to compliment Brian...Should be a good learning tool weekend for the team to get ready for a night in night out tough WDA...I see the South/Mandan game as a toss up..They have athletes in the 6'2" range..Dont see them nuetralizing the inside presence however...advantage Mandan 51-48

Century will run the table in their 2 games...They look like a WDA contender on paper and a Miller (clone) for head coach
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 pm

skyman13 wrote:Dont count out Shanley as giving it their all against Mandan...Both teams young and see what Braves can do to compliment Brian...Should be a good learning tool weekend for the team to get ready for a night in night out tough WDA...I see the South/Mandan game as a toss up..They have athletes in the 6'2" range..Dont see them nuetralizing the inside presence however...advantage Mandan 51-48

Century will run the table in their 2 games...They look like a WDA contender on paper and a Miller (clone) for head coach

Mandan wins both of these games by over 15, as does Century.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squatch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:41 am

Agreed Mandan will beat Shanley pretty big south might be closer but mandan is still better with kielpinski in the middle and there shooters on the perimeter...As for Century we have played them and they are very talented in a lot of positions they will win by a pretty good margain too
Last edited by squatch on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby skyman13 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Ok...Mandan and Century 2-0 for weekend...See what type of effort shows up for Braves as they start a new season with limited Varsity players from past season...Friesz and Miller got minutes and did some good things Coyle came on at the end..Eisenbeis had a nice Jv season but couldnt break the V lineup for good reason with the talent they had last year..He will be a key for some of their success this season..Has to score, rebound and play D..thee dont have much size when Brian leaves game...But they have some young posts that are tough nosed but smaller ...

Not to forget the girls weekend..Shanley and South both come to town and play Century and Bismarck..should be some good games...(2) best teams from WDA and EDC this season going at it
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND Fan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Did Kielpinski play AAU ball this summer? What is his current size - has he added any inches or lbs over the summer?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:28 pm

UND Fan wrote:Did Kielpinski play AAU ball this summer? What is his current size - has he added any inches or lbs over the summer?

Yes, he was also playing very well until a severe ankle injury. 6'8'' 212 as of last Saturday.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby skyman13 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:34 pm

6' 8" and lots of length...Put on a few pounds..had a good summer of ball..had that ankle problem..went to some big man camps as well...look for huge things if teams single him on D..if not other players will have to pick it up and carry some of the load
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND Fan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks for the insight. For those who have watched him play recently, at what level do you think he will be able to be successful at in college. What position will he play, the 4?
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Mandan up 50-25 at halftime. BK with 15 of first 17 and 19 at the half. Jay Flaa had 16. Rodenbiker put on a show in the second half and the game ended 79-64 Mandan. Kielpinski had 31 and 13.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby skyman13 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 am

Mandan 73-57 over Shanley..Big K had a HUGE nite...31 and 13 boards..Think he could have had more..missed a few lay ins...He was a man playing against much smaller competition and the Braves went to him all game long...Flaa had a nice shooting nite as well and Eisenbeis had 8 assists mostly to K for lay ins or dunks...Team looked tired as Coach horner basically played a 6 man unit..

Sat Mandan used a total team effort to trip up F South 83-50...I havent seen the box score but was at the game and believe at least 6 players reached double figures...They spread the ball around and made open shots all nite..and a alot of 3's included...South seemed to struggle offensively..except for Brad Shaw who has some game in him...had a good first half and then Eisenbeis had the call to defend him..did a nice job keeping him long range from basket..Kielpinski was surrounded by their big post and usually another player on his hip on D so it was more difficult for him to get ball..Many Braves had open looks and converted...Also got some "good" minutes from a couple of younger players into the mix

I see team quickness as an issue..for the Braves and need to work on rebounding...WDA with scorers and quicker point guards to stop will be their challenge...Believe they can score with many teams..

Should be a fun year for the team...
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:57 pm

skyman13 wrote:South seemed to struggle offensively..except for Brad Shaw who has some game in him...had a good first half

What game were you watching?? Shaw finished with 2 points!! wow some game! are you a relative of his or something?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squatch » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

who scored for south any one know? or at least the top 2 scorers for them so far and what they had?
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm

squatch wrote:who scored for south any one know? or at least the top 2 scorers for them so far and what they had?

McGillis had 3 or 4 threes in the first half. I would be surprised if anyone else was in double figures. Maybe Wawers was. No one else really stood out.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squatch » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks did kazane have anything? or rutter?
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm

balla45 wrote:
squatch wrote:who scored for south any one know? or at least the top 2 scorers for them so far and what they had?

McGillis had 3 or 4 threes in the first half. I would be surprised if anyone else was in double figures. Maybe Wawers was. No one else really stood out.

South scoring vs Mandan in 83-50 loss: From Fargo Forum
Poss - 5, Horner - 5, Skonseng - 7, McGillis - 9, Kazane - 9, Charles - 1, Shaw - 2, Okland - 7, Ernst - 4,
Rutter - 1
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:50 pm

bruins44 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Poss - 5, Horner - 5, Skonseng - 7, McGillis - 9, Kazane - 9, Charles - 1, Shaw - 2, Okland - 7, Ernst - 4,
Rutter - 1

Did Charles play? I thought that he was inelibible.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Baller wrote:
bruins44 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Rutter - 1

Did Charles play? I thought that he was inelibible.

Yeah, he got a few minutes in the second half I think.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys