Anthony Schnabel2

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Anthony Schnabel2

Postby roundem6 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:22 pm

No, it was not a joke. By the end of the year, Schnabel will be making an impact on games. Anddd how many kids in ND do you know that have an impact/talent like that of Savy? It's an unfair comparison for most IMO.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Anthony Schnabel2

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:34 pm

roundem6 wrote:No, it was not a joke. By the end of the year, Schnabel will be making an impact on games. Anddd how many kids in ND do you know that have an impact/talent like that of Savy? It's an unfair comparison for most IMO.

Savageau said he was pretty good. I am interested to see the numbers Schnabel puts up this season.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Right away he will most likely start JV for a half. At the beginning of the season I don't think he'll see that many minutes but eventually his time will progress. Watched a game of him last year; At halftime, Team had 29 total points, Schnabel had 27 of em.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skyman13 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Have seen him play in a variety of settings...traveling club ball and school...he definately can score at his level but playing JV/V may be a stretch as the guys are faster and stronger...He will get his points as he has anice O game..Defense will be key to his success and play time...
skyman13
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Boy, young Mr. Schnabel, has yet to set foot on the court in a JV or Varsity game and we have two topics to discuss his exploits or lack thereof.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Well... Shultis does not move up freshmen so this is his first year of being able to play even JV. Savy didn't play JV until he was a sophmore as well.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:41 am

roundem6 wrote:Well... Shultis does not move up freshmen so this is his first year of being able to play even JV. Savy didn't play JV until he was a sophmore as well.

I have seen Mr. Schnabel play and he reminds me of his older brother. Strong player in the younger grades 5-9th grade as they developed sooner than alot of their peers. But when they get up to the varsity level not exactly the same dominance. Lets give this young man some time to develop before we get to carried away as it takes all players time to develop period. Time will tell how this all develops, if he is scoring 15 points a game in JV he will then see some varsity minutes, but remember that the results in JV do not always carry to varsity competition.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 am

roundem..you said "watch out Savageau". i dont know how it is not reasonable for me to make a comparison of anthony schnabel to him after a comment like that. think before you talk
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:07 am

roundem6 wrote:Well... Shultis does not move up freshmen so this is his first year of being able to play even JV. Savy didn't play JV until he was a sophmore as well.

actually he never played 1 minute of JV. he went straight to varsity
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 pm

GFRR99 wrote:

Wrong. He played some JV but quickly moved up.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:33 pm

roundem6 wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:

Wrong. He played some JV but quickly moved up.

You are wrong. HIs first game that season was against Mandan, I played in the game. He had two halves of varsity and played no jv. I think he went 2-6 or something like that, but didn't play very well. Then he played varsity only, against Century, and had about 15 points.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:20 pm

and what game was before mandan varsity game? JV i believe, which savageau participated in.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:42 am

roundem6 wrote:and what game was before mandan varsity game? JV i believe, which savageau participated in.

He didn't participate in it. This would be my junior year. I started talking to Savageau right before this, because we played each other first. Thilmony played one half of jv, Savageau played none. I want to say that Mandan lost that game, but I am not sure. Thilmony had 16 in the second half. In the varsity game, May had 19 off the bench. They started Jacob Gross in place of him. If you really would like, I can just ask Nik. I am 99.9% sure that I am right though.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 pm

No, mandan won that game by a lot im pretty sure. but nik claims he wasnt in the game contrary to popular belief. But... He did play JV against Bismarck in a scrimmage before the Mandan game haha.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:15 pm

roundem6 wrote:No, mandan won that game by a lot im pretty sure. but nik claims he wasnt in the game contrary to popular belief. But... He did play JV against Bismarck in a scrimmage before the Mandan game haha.

I can't say anything about that scrimmage, other than I saw a tape of the varsity, but yeah, I asked him and he claims that he did not play.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:43 am

Schnabel only got like 5 minutes of vars time yesterday but in JV he filled up the stat sheet. About 15 points 8 stls and a couple dimes. Kid looks good.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm

^ i heard less then 3 minutes. and that was against belcourt. they were blowing them out by over 40 most of the game..and he still didnt get in till the last 3 minutes. i would be surprised to see him get much varsity time this year..although i know he is a top sophomore in the east
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Ya I don't know what Shultis was thinking. Beating Belcourt by 30+ all game and still in the 4th he is full court pressin and has most starters in. He would feel like quite the genius if a starter got hurt when the game was well in hand.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby secondwind » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:41 pm

AJ Jacobson ( Shanley Freshman ) is better than Schnabel or any other Freshman/Sophomore in FM area. Heck, he's already better than a large number of Juniors/Seniors for that matter. He is getting a lot of varsity minutes for Shanley & looks to be producing.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball fan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:46 pm

I would disagree..he is playing with Shanley and getting minutes...I have seen him play travel ball...good skills but saw him walk off court crying in Wf tourney....no guts and will struggle when times are tough.
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby secondwind » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Jacobson is young so emotions I'm sure will be an issue for time being. I'de be willing to bet the farm by the time he graduates he'll be considered an elite player in EDC & State. He's already very,very good as a freshman with a BB build and a high BB IQ.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:20 pm

How does Jacobson compare to other recent freshman contributers like Hanstad, Schreiner, or Thorton?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:39 am

balla45 wrote:How does Jacobson compare to other recent freshman contributers like Hanstad, Schreiner, or Thorton?

Not in the same class as those 3. But definitely a solid player. He leads shanley in minutes by quite a bit and i have heard that the coach said he is the most dependable player. He will definitely be an all-stater his junior and senior seasons
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby secondwind » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am

I beg to differ. I would not put Jacobson in the same class as Hanstad was as a freshman but he is ahead of both Schreiner & Thorton @ this stage IMO. His game and build is very similar to Hanstad. Approx 6'1''-6'2'',very lanky and a high BB IQ. Mid range game,like Hanstad,is his strength. Schreiner was quicker & Thorton stronger @ this stage but like I said his game more resembles Hanstad's.

He is a better shooter already than Schreiner is. Schreiner is quick & talented but is not a shooter in any sence. He's a scorer....shot selection is questionable and form is rather poor. Thorton is a pure athlete and was certainly stronger at this point in his career.

Jacobson has all the makings of an elite BB player down the road IMO. His biggest obstacle is that he doesn't get too big for his britches and stays humble & works his tail off. He is only a freshman so I am probably guilty here of getting ahead of myself.....
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby purple_drank » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 pm

secondwind wrote:AJ Jacobson ( Shanley Freshman ) is better than Schnabel or any other Freshman/Sophomore in FM area. Heck, he's already better than a large number of Juniors/Seniors for that matter. He is getting a lot of varsity minutes for Shanley & looks to be producing.

I have never heard of that kid, is he going to have an impact this year for VARSITY or not
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys