Anthony Schnabel2

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Anthony Schnabel2

Postby digger » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:59 pm

purple_drank wrote:
secondwind wrote:AJ Jacobson ( Shanley Freshman ) is better than Schnabel or any other Freshman/Sophomore in FM area. Heck, he's already better than a large number of Juniors/Seniors for that matter. He is getting a lot of varsity minutes for Shanley & looks to be producing.

I have never heard of that kid, is he going to have an impact this year for VARSITY or not

Yes he is having an impact on varisty, he's a good high school player right now and has a bright future. You've likely never heard of him because last year he was an eighth grader playing in traveling tournaments. I concur with secondwind, he's composed and has a feel for the game beyond his years. We'll see how he develops.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:15 pm

I think he is Pat Smykowski's son, she was an all american player at NDSU
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

^ that is right
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby roundem6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 pm

The kid is good but lets remember who he is playin for.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 am

How does A.J. Jacobson compare to Nathan Mertens, Mac Kroeplin, and Erron Collins?

I have an extreme bias so I can't really comment, but what do you guys think?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby LuckyIam » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

well i think erron collins is probably the best so far in the class of 2013, even tho he hasnt seen alot of varsity time, he has several upperclassmen in front of him but next year he should be a starter.
LuckyIam
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballin304life » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Jacobson is not better than Schnabel from north or Landon Poss from south. Poss doesnt play but i guarantee he's a better basketball player than AJ
ballin304life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby secondwind » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:44 am

Incorrect!!.....Jacobson has a better skill set and UPSIDE than any of the above mentioned players. The only kid I can't really compare him to is the Collin's kid from Mandan simply because I haven't seen him play much. The factor that really sets him apart is his BB build-tall & lanky for a perimeter player so can shoot over people and disruptive on Def. end. Can handle ball as well as any guard but isn't super quick. He could grow a bit more too yet.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:15 am

ballin304life wrote:Jacobson is not better than Schnabel from north or Landon Poss from south. Poss doesnt play but i guarantee he's a better basketball player than AJ

Let me get this straight, Jacobson plays 20 - 25 minutes a game for Shanley, and they beat South last night by 10, Poss does NOT play Varsity at all for South but he is better than Jacobson?! who are you kidding! WOW!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby digger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Can we take our foot off the gas a bit on the whole Jacobson, Schnabel, Collins, et al. discussion? Good young players I'm sure, but we're doing them no favors. Let them develop and mature, see how they progress.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby secondwind » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Digger is right.....let these young players develope without all the scrunity. They all have good talent.

Lighter note....The early morning Fargo Forum on line had headline of McGillis leading South over Shanley. Now, mid morning, they have the headline corrected with Rodenbiker, Jones lead Shanley over Fargo South.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjunkie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 am

best get ready for the kroeplin kid from red river.....not sure how much he will play varsity(coaching decision) but watching him in jv and a litle varsity,,he is quick, has hops and plays defense...and can elevate over kids much bigger..I think him and AJ are familiar with each other in traveling basketball pasts....
bbjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:05 am

bbjunkie wrote:best get ready for the kroeplin kid from red river.....not sure how much he will play varsity(coaching decision) but watching him in jv and a litle varsity,,he is quick, has hops and plays defense...and can elevate over kids much bigger..I think him and AJ are familiar with each other in traveling basketball pasts....

Kroeplin is very good for a freshman. Played (coached) against him 3 times. Very athletic and he improved a lot in the summer months. Very impressed. Will be a stud.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketball9 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm

i saw a game last year where a guard from wahpeton, number 20 i believe, scored 15 points on schnabel and he was nowhere close to 15.
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys