Fargo South Bruins....

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Fargo South Bruins....

Postby splash101 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 pm

how good will they be. will they be better than last year??
splash101
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Fargo South Bruins....

Postby digger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:00 pm

South has a good nucleus returning with Shaw, Wawers, McGillis. Ernst, Poss, Larson, Kazane, give them guys who can be good players in the EDC. They'll miss Fisher, Rutter can do some things inside but they can't expect much scoring out of him, not real mobile. There don't appear to be any dominant bigs in the East this year so they might be o.k. there. I'm not familiar with the younger guys, maybe they'll have a sophmore or two step in and contribute. They'll be better than last year, should be in that 3-5 range in the EDC.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roundem6 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm

splash101 wrote:how good will they be. will they be better than last year??

They will be better. Can't get much worse.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby digger » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:10 pm

roundem6 wrote:
splash101 wrote:how good will they be. will they be better than last year??

They will be better. Can't get much worse.

Thank you for the great breakdown Dickie V.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squatch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Who will even start for South this year Rutters Poss Wawers shaw and ?????
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm

squatch wrote:Who will even start for South this year Rutters Poss Wawers shaw and ?????

charles
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Baller wrote:
squatch wrote:Who will even start for South this year Rutters Poss Wawers shaw and ?????

charles

or McGillis
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Home Run » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Is Wawers hurt? I didn't see his name in last night's box score. I was hoping to see his points per game increase this year. If anybody can shed some light, it would be greatly appreciated as I no longer live in the F-M area.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball101 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Home Run wrote:Is Wawers hurt? I didn't see his name in last night's box score. I was hoping to see his points per game increase this year. If anybody can shed some light, it would be greatly appreciated as I no longer live in the F-M area.

no, he's not hurt. he played today and had himself a great game along with shaw leading the way for the bruins over Devils Lake 85-78.
baseball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballin304life » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:11 am

i'll bet andrew okland starts over rutter next game. he played great at devils lake
ballin304life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballin304life » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:12 am

i'll bet andrew okland starts over rutter next game. he played great at devils lake
ballin304life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby groundblind » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 am

They are starting to look like they won't be much different than last year. They have no perimeter defense - teams drive on them at will and their offense has no spacing so every shot is contested.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am

South doesnt know how to win... PERIOD! I see in todays paper they lost last night to Staples Mn by 30
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 pm

This is in no way intended to be mean, but why does Rutter start over Oakland? I look at the numbers and it seems fairly obvious that Oakland is better. Also watched the dude play, and he boards and looks athletic. Any ideas?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby groundblind » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:48 pm

balla45 wrote:This is in no way intended to be mean, but why does Rutter start over Oakland? I look at the numbers and it seems fairly obvious that Oakland is better. Also watched the dude play, and he boards and looks athletic. Any ideas?

Senior vs. Junior - Okland gets the minutes if he stays out of foul trouble anyways.
groundblind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Home Run » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 am

Staples is certainly a respectable opponent who definitely has some very good players. I believe they are state ranked in Minnesota AA. However, a 37 point loss to a much smaller school? Were key players out? Foul trouble, injuries, etc. South has to get it going or they will make me look real bad on this board as I predicted them to challenge for a state birth this year. Losses like this cause me to lose credibility in myself let alone this board in general. Again, not from the area and not looking to blame anyone or anything, but wondering if anyone saw the game that can report on what happened. Perhaps just a bad night against a good opponent?
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:48 am

Home Run wrote:Staples is certainly a respectable opponent who definitely has some very good players. I believe they are state ranked in Minnesota AA. However, a 37 point loss to a much smaller school? Were key players out? Foul trouble, injuries, etc. South has to get it going or they will make me look real bad on this board as I predicted them to challenge for a state birth this year. Losses like this cause me to lose credibility in myself let alone this board in general. Again, not from the area and not looking to blame anyone or anything, but wondering if anyone saw the game that can report on what happened. Perhaps just a bad night against a good opponent?

They won't be at State this year!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bruins44 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:30 am

Check out the EDC team records right now, only two teams have winning records, North and West Fargo, The 3 and 4 spots are completely up for grabs in the East Region, so yes South has a chance to make state, this is as bad as I have ever seen this league from top to bottom.

Fargo North 5- 0
West Fargo 4 - 2
Fargo Shanley 2 - 4
Fargo South 1- 5
GF Central 1 - 4
Devils Lake 1- 3
GF Red River 1 - 3
Wahpeton 0 - 5
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks for the graphic displaying the records so, yes, South does have a chance to make the tournament. Once in the tournament, anything can happen. Players/Teams just have to be peaking at the right time. I'm from Minnesota where only the Section champ advances so it has to be exciting for those teams that are struggling in the EDC to see hope and great opportunity due to the bracketing of their state tournament.

Run4fun 2009, it would be great if you would back your strong statement of they will not make the state tourney with some fact or even an opinion. I'm curious as to why you think that they absolutely have no chance considering that the EDC is so "balanced" or should I say down this year? Is it emotion such as you do not like Fargo South or is it that they simply aren't as good as the other teams for some reason or another? Perhaps it's both.

I know Fargo North is real tough, but I still got to hold on to the fact that South can push through this year to qualify for state. Please notice I said qualify as I got to believe that a team from out West or Fargo North are the strongest contenders to win state this year.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Home Run, here's a site that you can keep abreast the EDC and WDA

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/index.html
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Home Run » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Mighty Mouse,

Thanks. Greatly appreciated so I can follow much better from afar! Thanks Again.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby i am legend » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 am

they beat wahpeton last night pretty easily. not sure how good wap is.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 pm

i am legend wrote:they beat wahpeton last night pretty easily. not sure how good wap is.

No not easily...Wahp was up 3 with about 3 minutes left. The score looked bigger than it was because of free throw shooting at the end.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Baller wrote:
i am legend wrote:they beat wahpeton last night pretty easily. not sure how good wap is.

No not easily...Wahp was up 3 with about 3 minutes left. The score looked bigger than it was because of free throw shooting at the end.

south is once again not very good. wahpeton is probably the worse team in the edc along with south. bball is just going to get worse for fargo south with the new high school and all. if only nik savageau didnt transfer..
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 pm

GFRR99 wrote:
Baller wrote:

south is once again not very good. wahpeton is probably the worse team in the edc along with south. bball is just going to get worse for fargo south with the new high school and all. if only nik savageau didnt transfer..

I think Savageau made the right decision, with the exception of his Soph year, when South finished 2nd in State, North has been head and shoulders better than South, yes he would have made South better but Im sure he is very happy with his move to the northside...Now if May, Akers,Savageau and Pitia would have all stayed at South it might have been a different story.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys