Fargo South Bruins....

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Fargo South Bruins....

Postby teamramrod » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Home Run wrote:Great Response. Thanks for the answer and clarification.

I agree that they can be a frustrating team to pull for with the inconsistencies from not only game to game, but from half to half as well. However, I'm still going to hold strong with support and continue with the prediction of a state tourney bid for this team.

i think if they get the right guys in the right spots the bottom of the edc is weak and up for grabs, but i dont think they have a chance to compete with north or west fargo. i could be wrong but i think sav will have a gigantic game tomorrow
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:46 pm

teamramrod wrote:

I agree that they can be a frustrating team to pull for with the inconsistencies from not only game to game, but from half to half as well. However, I'm still going to hold strong with support and continue with the prediction of a state tourney bid for this team.

i think if they get the right guys in the right spots the bottom of the edc is weak and up for grabs, but i dont think they have a chance to compete with north or west fargo. i could be wrong but i think sav will have a gigantic game tomorrow

Caught the WF game vs South on TV on Sat nite, and looked to me like South can play very well in matchups with WF. If south would have gotten the easy shot to fall with 2.9 seconds remaining by Poss they would have gotten the win. Looks like Gabe Deng and Okland give south some athleticism down low. Again had some costly turnovers late in the regulation and overtime that may have cost them also. South has potential but still to weak defensively period, just my thought. We will see if South deserves the 4th seed or Shanley if South can hold their home court against a Shanley team that just knocked off Red River.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 pm

2 out of the 5 athletes in the North Dakota Preps banner are from South!! woot woot.
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 pm

cant believe poss couldnt hit the 5 footer to beat west fargo.. finally a hard fought game from them though.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:00 am

Check out the Fargo Forum online. This is why I depend upon this site for information rather than rumors. The Forum has all the information twisted around. Wrong players for their respective teams. Check it out:

Boys basketball: Poss, Shanley pick up victory against South
Taylor Poss scored a game-high 22 points to lead Fargo Shanley past Fargo South 76-72 in North Dakota boys basketball Friday.
By: Forum staff reports, INFORUM

Taylor Poss scored a game-high 22 points to lead Fargo Shanley past Fargo South 76-72 in North Dakota boys basketball Friday.

Matt Wawers scored a game-high seven assists for the Deacons.

Josh Rodenbiker scored a team-leading 19 points and Dylan Dunn grabbed a game-high nine rebounds to lead the Bruins.

Half: FS 32, S 29

FS: Rodenbiker 19, Jones 3, Webber 4, Montplaisir 6, Wolf 6, Buth 12, Dunn 10, Jacobson 16.

S: T. Poss 22, Wawers 10, Skonseng 2, McGillis 12, Kazane 6, Shaw 9, Deng 7, Okland 4.[/b]
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:26 am

they did that last time they played too i think, or an earlier game this year with south.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 am

it was corrected in this mornings edition of the paper and in-forum, I think when a student manager calls in the scores this sometimes happen. Heaven forbid a reporter from the paper would cover a Shanley - South game!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Home Run » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 pm

I see that they corrected it, but I like the rest of society want instant and accurate results :)

Very disappointed in the Fargo Forum's coverage of high school boys basketball this year. They have done so much better in year's past. Are they downsized due to the economy so they don't have enough reporters to cover the game? The same goes with WDAY coverage of high school sports. Accuracy/Coverage just seem down to previous years. Again, could it be merely an economic factor of too much work and not enough people to properly do the work?

Off my soapbox and back to basketball, South seems to be scoring the ball more thesese days which is a good thing as tournament time draws near. I really believe they are getting to state this year. Not winning state mind you, but it will be a step in the right direction if they perform well in the EDC tourney and qualify.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 am

teamramrod wrote:

Teamramrod,
Saw in the paper that South beat WF in West Fargo lastnite 70-56. South is much improved and has won the last 4 games including teams above them in EDC WF,and RR. Looks as they are catching up to the top teams in EDC and are looking to see if they can qualify for the last spot in EDC. They have better balance in scoring and seem to be better on defense in post down low (Okland,Deng) to stop some of the scoring by guards driving to the hoop. South matches up well against WF, and Red River, and seem to struggle against Shanley and North. But may be able to get the 4th spot in EDC over RR, or WF to go to the state tournament. Should be a fun EDC as this is going to be an interesting tournament.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby teamramrod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:53 pm

75ford wrote:
teamramrod wrote:

Teamramrod,
Saw in the paper that South beat WF in West Fargo lastnite 70-56. South is much improved and has won the last 4 games including teams above them in EDC WF,and RR. Looks as they are catching up to the top teams in EDC and are looking to see if they can qualify for the last spot in EDC. They have better balance in scoring and seem to be better on defense in post down low (Okland,Deng) to stop some of the scoring by guards driving to the hoop. South matches up well against WF, and Red River, and seem to struggle against Shanley and North. But may be able to get the 4th spot in EDC over RR, or WF to go to the state tournament. Should be a fun EDC as this is going to be an interesting tournament.

yes i watched the game last night an south played pretty well, they were on fire from the field. but wf also didnt put up that much of a fight, nothing on the offensive end and werent very inspired on the defensive end. im impressed with how mcgillis is playing but still think they settle for way to many jumpers and rely on alot of offensive rebounding. they have the ability to capture a solid seed for state but i dont see them putting much pressure on north in the tourney. even if they do beat them tomorrow cuz we may not see the starters the whole game considering north has #1 locked up
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys