2006-2007 Suprise

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:08 pm

ndball130 wrote:their man in the middle brunjes was played i think 10 min because of foul trouble.....with dahl and him out no wonder heck dropped 37

agreed
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndball130 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:46 pm

If Brunjes would have played more minutes valley would have beat jtown hands down. When he was in Heck could hardly even touch the ball let alone score it. When Dahl gets back watch for VC, Dahl and Brunjes in the middle together could be pretty good
ndball130
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbb » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:42 am

lies, heck scored most of his points with bruenjes guarding him, and bruenjes played over half the game.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:53 pm

there is 36 minutes in a game and brunjes played under 10, how is 10 over half of 36?
bballfan5

Postby ndbb » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:11 pm

is that a fact he only played ten?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dodgerfan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:11 pm

[font=comic sans ms]Who cares how much brunjes played, that kid always goes for the block and gets himself into trouble from what i saw last year.  So you can't blame heck dropping 37 points on that kid not playing[/font]
dodgerfan

Postby football33 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:32 pm

well looks like willistons gonna be the big surprise. 82-58 win over dickinson. pretty impressive........ i thought dickinson was supposed to be a top team in the state?
football33

Postby Number7 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Was that game tonight? and where was it played?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby football33 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:47 pm

yes it was tonight, and it was in dickinson.
football33

Postby 666 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:48 pm

what about devils lake beating belcourt that was pretty impressive on a last second shot by junior BJ Mertens i think that DL could impress some teams this year. their head coach didnt get coach of the year for nothin last year.

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:53 pm

666 wrote:what about devils lake beating belcourt that was pretty impressive on a last second shot by junior BJ Mertens i think that DL could impress some teams this year. their head coach didnt get coach of the year for nothin last year.

B.J. Mertens just threw up that shot and prayed it went it because Knife was all in his face. . . B.J. took off running to get the rebound like he knew he missed but it was a non-conference game and if i was DL's coach i would've done the same thing, Went for the W
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:05 pm

BJ didnt just throw up that shot against belcourt he actually shot it and took off after the rebound because that is what their coach has preched follow your shot
ndsubball

Postby roy32 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Come on now he banked in the three pointer from the top of the key.  He hit a lucky shot, but thats basketball.  I thought they should have fouled and not give DL a chance to win in regulation. Mertens did however play a good game, and solely keep DL afloat.  Belcourt really needs to start making free throws in the clutch.  Boswell missed a few bonus opportunities, and Belcourt really gave this game away.  I don't care how good a team is you should never lose at home with an 8 point lead with 2 minutes left.  The Belcourt coach needs to change somethings also, although the players made numerouse mistakes I think this was a coaching loss.  Houle played excellent for Belcourt, but he and his team still struggle with consistency.
roy32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:37 pm

I agree that Belcourt's players do need to work on their free-throw shooting, being that they are mostly "pure" shooters.  I also agree that their coach does have to work on his crunch time strategy by knowing when to foul and when to let his team play it out.  Last friday he let boswell get the ball and he had to know that Dickinson was going to foul, why not give Knife or Houle the chance, they are both shooting nearly 90% on the season.  But thats life i guess.  And Merten's shot was pure luck he ran back down the court to get ready to play defense.  But thats what a great player does when he is given the oppurtunity just like kick did last friday.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby lightning » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:42 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:One kid that i've been watching and could really make a name for himself is Shaun Knife from Belcourt. . .i say this because he's 6'4" and athletic, some others that can make them names for themselves are Taylor Bruschwein, Andrew Jahner, Ryne Hornecker, Taylor Baumgartner from BHS i think i got him right

did shaun knife get really tall since the last time i saw him this summer he was about 6 feet? and who is taylor baumgartner??? hornecker and bruhschwein will have really good years though

Yea. . .i'm pretty sure that he's 6'4" now. . .
lol well u would no but i think knife will be 1st team all state this year
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:08 pm

[font=arial]martinez has to be the most improved player in the state this year... he goes from playing sophmore B last year to starting varsity for a decent BHS team this year and is averageing probably 15 a game.. definently one of the most improved this year[/font]
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:45 pm

martinez got really good he goes to show that if you work hard and put in the time you will get alot better and when the season comes you can reap the benefits

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:26 am

sqeak63 wrote:[font=arial]martinez has to be the most improved player in the state this year... he goes from playing sophmore B last year to starting varsity for a decent BHS team this year and is averageing probably 15 a game.. definently one of the most improved this year[/font]

yea i agree. . .i heard he put in a pretty good summer and look what happens from all the hard work
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby allstar23 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:36 am

martinez is the man!!
allstar23

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:53 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:[font=arial]martinez has to be the most improved player in the state this year... he goes from playing sophmore B last year to starting varsity for a decent BHS team this year and is averageing probably 15 a game.. definently one of the most improved this year[/font]

yea i agree. . .i heard he put in a pretty good summer and look what happens from all the hard work

what happends if he improves as much as he did this year next year?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys