MANDAN BRAVES?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Can the Braves win another title this year?

YES
45%
NO
55%

Total votes : 11

MANDAN BRAVES?

Postby toeman20 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 pm

What do you think?
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Re: MANDAN BRAVES?

Postby balla45 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:18 pm

I think the Braves are again due for a very good season. We will see a much improved Bryan Kielpinski, and this team is probably a better overall offensive team compared to last year. If Kielpinski becomes a 25, 12, 5 type of guy, I think Mandan can win state. I look for big things from that senior class, a long with upcoming sophomore Devin Coyle, and hopefully a freshman can find some time in that line up.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm going to say no for a few reasons. 1.) There is a team loaded with talent right across the river wearing maroon, and the rest of the state is much more talented for that matter. Century and Dickinson are going to be there in the end trust me. . 2.) They lost A LOT. They don't have a vocal leader. Bryan will lead by example, but he is a pretty quiet guy. That is something Maurer did so well he talks more than anyone in the state of north dakota and everyone on the team looked up to him. They also lost one of the best guards they have had in Thilmony. Mandan doesn't have a replacement for him. Kist was a big time defensive stopper. Mandan needs to find someone who can just get the ball to halfcourt. If i was an opposing coach early in the year i would pressure the heck out of their guards and make them prove themselves i would not let get comfortable early in the game and let them build up confidence. Early in the game i would pound the ball inside and make BK work too and try and wear him out and possiby get him in foul trouble. I just think there going to be an easier team to guard this year.

On another note my preseason favorites are 1.) Dickinson 2.) BHS 3.) CHS. I got Dicky because BHS could not figure out a way to beat them last year. Hanstad is going to be better. Jarl will be better. Moody will be better. BHS has the most talented team in the state. I think Miller is going to have a tough time getting everyone playing time and keeping everyone happy. Thorton, Werner, Finley, Miller, Fox, Jolliffe, Liggins, Talmadge, Kleinjan, Fitterer. Thats a lot of minutes to be handed out. CHS is going to have a winning mentality and they got some talented players who have never been taught how to play the game the right way and they have been working together as a team more than anyone else this offseason.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby toeman20 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:29 pm

The coach and players will be pumped from last year. They will have a great season.
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys