2007 State Champions...Who wins it?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby shred20 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:21 pm

Just wanna know who everyone thinks is gunna win it all next year...
shred20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:05 am

Dickinson
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby catch22 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:29 am

catch22

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 pm

I think it will be between Dickinson and Bismarck this year and the next year I think it will go to the EDC somewhere.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shred20 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:15 am

i know west fargo will be good.  South is always good will the approx. 2000 kids in their school.  May from north is the man but he cant do it all, grand forks i have no idea..in the WDA tho its dickinson bismarck, and maybe williston cuz of their height but their guards are gunna have to be better.
shred20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:24 am

shred20 wrote:i know west fargo will be good.  South is always good will the approx. 2000 kids in their school.  May from north is the man but he cant do it all, grand forks i have no idea..in the WDA tho its dickinson bismarck, and maybe williston cuz of their height but their guards are gunna have to be better.

Yeah, West Fargo, South, and North should all be good.  Red River should be one of the top teams in the east.  Dickinson and BHS will be the top teams from the west.  I think Mandan and Belcourt will be up there too.  I think Williston will be overrated, all they have are the Qvales, their guard play will be horrible.  The only thing Bhs has that Dickinson doesnt is a true point guard.  If Dickinson wants to be in that state title game then they need someone to step up at the PG position.  The best teams always have very good PG's who know how to step up in crunch time and calm the team down. 
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby #50mandan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:09 pm

who is bismarcks true point guard?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby syracuse_10 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:49 pm

#50mandan wrote:who is bismarcks true point guard?

I think Jeremy Gunderson.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #50mandan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:28 am

he's a true point guard?.................
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:29 am

Feser
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:19 am

Which one is it?? Gunderson or Feser?  Dickinson has Marcus Fridley as their true point guard and he must be pretty good if he is playin on that North Dakota team.  Pretty sure those other two aren't on it
da_man 23

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:58 am

Fridley is more of a shooting guard.  He wasnt their PG when he played last season.  It was mainly Rasmunseen.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:17 am

He got suspended like 5 games into the season or something like that, and when rasmussen was on the bench, fridley was the point guard and im sure he will be the point guard this year----they had bruschwien as there shooting guard last year, fridley and rasmussen split the point position, but thats not true to say dickinson doesn't have a good point guard.
da_man 23

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:32 am

i didnt say they didnt have a good point guard.  Fridley is one of the best shooters in the state.  I said they didnt have a true point guard.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Ming01 wrote:
shred20 wrote:i know west fargo will be good.  South is always good will the approx. 2000 kids in their school.  May from north is the man but he cant do it all, grand forks i have no idea..in the WDA tho its dickinson bismarck, and maybe williston cuz of their height but their guards are gunna have to be better.

Yeah, West Fargo, South, and North should all be good.  Red River should be one of the top teams in the east.  Dickinson and BHS will be the top teams from the west.  I think Mandan and Belcourt will be up there too.  I think Williston will be overrated, all they have are the Qvales, their guard play will be horrible.  The only thing Bhs has that Dickinson doesnt is a true point guard.  If Dickinson wants to be in that state title game then they need someone to step up at the PG position.  The best teams always have very good PG's who know how to step up in crunch time and calm the team down. 

The best teams always have very good PG's who know how to step up in crunch time and calm the team down.------------I'm guessing this ur definition of a true point guard on a team then????  Sounds to me more like the captain, but anyways Dressler was by far a true point guard accourding to that definition, not those other two u mentioned. So u mite be rite bout dickinson not haveing a TRUE pg but bhs doesn't have a TRUE pg either.....
da_man 23

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:12 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

The best teams always have very good PG's who know how to step up in crunch time and calm the team down.------------I'm guessing this ur definition of a true point guard on a team then????  Sounds to me more like the captain, but anyways Dressler was by far a true point guard accourding to that definition, not those other two u mentioned. So u mite be rite bout dickinson not haveing a TRUE pg but bhs doesn't have a TRUE pg either.....

What i am trying to say there is that Fridley still needs to prove he can step up as a true point guard and take Dickinson to the next level.

Feser is a true pg for BHS.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:40 am

Hahaha OK, fridley didn't play last year so that is OBVIOUS that he has alot to prove, anybody can see that and dressler was bhs  point guard last year, so wouldn't that mean that feser has something to prove also???? ----- u made a stupid comment and now u can't back it up
da_man 23

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:27 am

da_man 23 wrote:Hahaha OK, fridley didn't play last year so that is OBVIOUS that he has alot to prove, anybody can see that and dressler was bhs  point guard last year, so wouldn't that mean that feser has something to prove also???? ----- u made a stupid comment and now u can't back it up

You dont understand what a true pg actually is. Just believe me on this one.  Whatever you're probably from Dickinson anyways.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:05 am

Im not gonna believe somebody who is tellin me that feser who didn't lead the team last year, didn't come through in the clutch, wasn't the one to look for in the final seconds, and WASN'T their true point guard is their true point guard NOW.......give me something credible and i will believe u......Dressler is the ideal true point guard and nobdoy will argue with me about that
Last edited by da_man 23 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:48 am

da_man 23 wrote:Im not gonna believe somebody who is tellin me that feser who didn't lead the team last year, didn't come through in the clutch, wasn't the one to look for in the final seconds, and WASN'T their true point guard is their true point guard NOW.......give me something credible and i will believe u......Dressler is the ideal true point guard and nobdoy will argue with me about that

It doesnt really matter if he lead the team or not last year.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby surferdan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:18 pm

Ming01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:Im not gonna believe somebody who is tellin me that feser who didn't lead the team last year, didn't come through in the clutch, wasn't the one to look for in the final seconds, and WASN'T their true point guard is their true point guard NOW.......give me something credible and i will believe u......Dressler is the ideal true point guard and nobdoy will argue with me about that

It doesnt really matter if he lead the team or not last year.

how does it not matter if he led his team last year or not? if he didnt he has something to prove... and you said.. and i quote "What i am trying to say there is that Fridley still needs to prove he can step up as a true point guard and take Dickinson to the next level." and what da_man and I are trying to say is that feser needs to prove something too. and you dont think he has anything to prove although he didnt play "true pg" last year. so to sum it up... you think since fridley didnt play "true pg" the whole year last year that he has something to prove. and yes you are correct there. but then you say freser is bismarcks "true pg" and act like he has nothing to prove even though this would be his first year starting at "true pg" and he would have more to prove.  confusing maybe.. but lets just go with they both have something to prove so dont act like feser is better then fridly.
Last edited by surferdan on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Being a true pg has nothing to do with experience.  Feser has always been a pg and has never played any other position.  I believe he can control a game when he needs to.  He is just a natural pg.  Look at Fridley, is he a true point guard or just a two guard that has crazy handles?  The reason I said Dickinson needs someone to step up at the pg position is because they need someone whos been accustomed to the position, who knows what is expected of them, and knows what to do when the ball is in their hands.  Fridley is more of a shooting guard and doesnt have the main aspects of what a true pg really is, yet.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby surferdan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:07 pm

Ming01 wrote:Being a true pg has nothing to do with experience.  Feser has always been a pg and has never played any other position.  I believe he can control a game when he needs to.  He is just a natural pg.  Look at Fridley, is he a true point guard or just a two guard that has crazy handles?  The reason I said Dickinson needs someone to step up at the pg position is because they need someone whos been accustomed to the position, who knows what is expected of them, and knows what to do when the ball is in their hands.  Fridley is more of a shooting guard and doesnt have the main aspects of what a true pg really is, yet.

maybe true. fridly may not have the main aspects of what a true pg really is, yet. so if he doesnt have it, yet, then he could attain these main aspects and become a true pg correct? but let me think here.. how could he attain these main aspects.. qualities of a "true pg"? i think experience.  but yet before, you said that being a true pg has nothing to do with experience.. thats strange. and also i quote "The best teams always have very good PG's who know how to step up in crunch time and calm the team down."  i believe that also comes from experience. and yes feser has been playing true pg all his life and you say he has attained the main aspects of being a true pg, which maybe right. but since he has been doing it all his life doesnt he have experience? which made him a true pg? so no experience at the position would leave him quite short of "true pg" status.
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:05 pm

I meant experience at the next level, which is varsity.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby surferdan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:08 pm

Ming01 wrote:I meant experience at the next level, which is varsity.

ok.. but at the varsity level... in a big game, it will take more then usual to step up and make a big shot in crunch time or calm down your team which also comes from experience playing at the varsity level. feser may be a natural at the pg position and played it all his life.. but playing for the first time at the varsity level he too has something to prove. just like fridley.
Last edited by surferdan on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys