2007 State Champions...Who wins it?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:10 pm

surferdan wrote:
Ming01 wrote:I meant experience at the next level, which is varsity.

ok.. but at the varsity level... in a big game, it will take more then usual to step up and make a big shot in crunch time or calm down your team which also comes from experience playing at the varsity level.

Yes true... I'm sure ppl who have looked at this are confused with us going back and forth.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby surferdan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:15 pm

Ming01 wrote:
surferdan wrote:
Ming01 wrote:I meant experience at the next level, which is varsity.

ok.. but at the varsity level... in a big game, it will take more then usual to step up and make a big shot in crunch time or calm down your team which also comes from experience playing at the varsity level.

Yes true... I'm sure ppl who have looked at this are confused with us going back and forth.
haha yeah no kidding. but im glad we had this conversation. because i mean we both may have contradicting views but yet its been a good arguement in a sence that we arent in a rage argueing about something stupid.. haha even though this is silly its been a good time.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer2 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:14 am

I think North, Dickinson, Williston, and BHS are going to be the ones batteling it...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shred20 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:05 am

Anyone know if West Fargo is good
shred20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:35 pm

West Fargo should be good, they have a very talented junior class.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:10 am

I'd go with dickinson taking it all.  when you have a player like kick - who is practically unstoppable - and then a few good players on the side, it makes for a tough team to beat.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:00 pm

I think it is between Dickinson and Williston.  Qvale could break out and drop 25 14 and 8 or something crazy like that.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:33 pm

I think it will be between Dickinson and BHS for the WDA Title.  I personally think Williston is overrated and will not be that great this season.  Well atleast not top 3 or maybe even 4.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:55 am

Williston is definitely overrated.  Qvale was a huge disappointment last season but his brother kind of stepped up.  They are also losing solid guards which will just make things even harder on Qvale.  Unless he made some major improvements over the summer, I don't think Williston will have a chance at a state title or even WDA at that.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:52 am

losing solid guards, r u kiddin me? the guards r the reason he struggled the whole year.that sed there guards r probably even worse this year. if i was the coach i would start a couple of junior guards and put the senior guards on the bench, cus the junior class of guards could at least get qvale the ball and knock down the outside shot. that sed im picking williston to finally come through on a state champioship.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby jrh22 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:07 pm

Williston won't contend.
jrh22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:32 pm

kvrnm wrote:losing solid guards, r u kiddin me? the guards r the reason he struggled the whole year.that sed there guards r probably even worse this year. if i was the coach i would start a couple of junior guards and put the senior guards on the bench, cus the junior class of guards could at least get qvale the ball and knock down the outside shot. that sed im picking williston to finally come through on a state champioship.

sounds like your from williston hit the english books.....then talk
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:38 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
kvrnm wrote:losing solid guards, r u kiddin me? the guards r the reason he struggled the whole year.that sed there guards r probably even worse this year. if i was the coach i would start a couple of junior guards and put the senior guards on the bench, cus the junior class of guards could at least get qvale the ball and knock down the outside shot. that sed im picking williston to finally come through on a state champioship.

looks like you went to the same school...it's you're, not your

rep

Postby bballer2 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:13 pm

rep wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

looks like you went to the same school...it's you're, not your

lol nice catch... no way I would have caught that... lol
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:18 pm

[user=674]Ditka14[/user] wrote:

Williston should also be capitalized.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby kvrnm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:01 pm

ya that was a really nice catch on your, hahaha. and actually im not that big of a williston fan even tho im from williston i go to williston trinity and am more of a class b guy. and i take back sayin williston will win it, im way off on that one.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby truplaya » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:00 pm

mandan
truplaya

Postby cdub1 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:06 pm

truplaya wrote:mandan

Even though I'm from Mandan I'm going to say the only way we are gonna win state is if Belohlavek and Maurer have the tournaments of their lives...and even if that happens it is still a long shot.

And for the guys talking about true points guards, Kick was playing point on Dickinson's team in the team camp we were at and Fridley is more of a scorer.   I dont know if that will happen for sure this season though.  I also don't know for sure but is there any gurantee Feser will start, Wilhelm and Senger started last year and I think Hendrickson would, Gunderson also played alot, and I think Peterson will play because they already have three guards in their line-up.
Last edited by cdub1 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby oldtymer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:34 pm

Gunderson, Hendrickson, Lloyd all seniors and then i hear good things about the sophomore pintar who may be a year away though
oldtymer

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:18 pm

Just a little side note on West Fargo being good I guess that Farkas attented like every basketball camp in the region and has gotten even better.....
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football33 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:53 pm

i think williston will suprise some ppl this year, being a student from williston last year was VERY disappointing, i feel they will do better than last year, this group in my mind has some potential to be 1 or 2 in the west.... IF they dont get out coached... which more than likely they will.... it always does but who knows. should be an interesting season.
football33

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm

da_man 23 wrote:Which one is it?? Gunderson or Feser?  Dickinson has Marcus Fridley as their true point guard and he must be pretty good if he is playin on that North Dakota team.  Pretty sure those other two aren't on it

Marcus Fridley did play on an ECI team but he always didn't play Point Guard for them. . .the coaches switched it up b/w Justin Belolavek and Casey Becker
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hi Rizer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 am

[align=left]I will have to say a fargo team for the EDC and the run for the WDA will be tough cause that side of the state is gonna be really good this year... with dickinson minot and williston but im geuss either west fargo or fargo south for EDC

[/align]
Hi Rizer

Postby hooppride » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:04 am

Mr. Me Too wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:Which one is it?? Gunderson or Feser?  Dickinson has Marcus Fridley as their true point guard and he must be pretty good if he is playin on that North Dakota team.  Pretty sure those other two aren't on it

Marcus Fridley did play on an ECI team but he always didn't play Point Guard for them. . .the coaches switched it up b/w Justin Belolavek and Casey Becker

Marcus Fridley did too play point guard for the ECI team. He was the only person that could be trusted to safely get the ball to the other end of the floor every time. Casey and Justin did play some point guard, but the safest and most used point guard was Fridley. He is a true point guard and yet he can still make shots in your face or whenever he needs to
hooppride

Postby ballplayer15 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:30 pm

yes im almost positive he did too
ballplayer15

PreviousNext

Return to Boys