Mr. Basketball 09-10

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Mr. Basketball 09-10

Postby balla45 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 pm

I do not know. I am confused as to what you mean. I'll ask her for more details later.

I know when I signed my LOI, had say, Duke, offered me a scholarship, I could have signed an LOI to Duke. If I read the wording correctly.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 pm

baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:
baseball06 wrote:and i wanted to comment on the ali collins issue quick...i saw in the paper that she signed at some COMMUNITY COLLEGE in illinois..and that was in the paper..

but for the topic..i would say BK, Savegou or wahtever, or Thorton if he takes his team back like he should

She also signed at Bradley, however, she would not have been able to play for a year because of her GPA and it would have counted against her, so Bradley and Collins decided it would be better to play a year somewhere else instead of losing a year by not being eligible to play at Bradley...and that wasn't in the paper, it was on the news.

Did she sign a LOI at Bradley or the CC? I know you can only sign a letter of intent at one school....did she sign a financial grant agreement at the CC or something?

Collins never officially signed a LOI to Bradley since she was still waiting to earn her D1 qualification which she just did, according to the news report. In the meantime, Bradley and Collins agreed that it would be in her best interest academically and athletically to attend ICC for 1 year. The only confusing part was when it was posted earlier that she had signed at Bradley. She did verbal but did not officially sign since her D1 status was still pending. It was explained in the KFYR news broadcast.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:29 am

thanks scooby...your right about the confusing part being that she signed at Bradley instead of just a verbal.

balla...I am 99% certain a player can only sign one national Letter of Intent, and cannot sign a 2nd even if the first school lets them out. That was a huge deal with Xavier Henry and his decommit from Memphis and commit to Kansas and then thoughts about going overseas or to Kentucky...since he singed an LOI at Memphis he couldnt sign one at Kansas and he had to sign a Financial Aid in Grant form or something like that, so nothing is official until he's in classes and on campus in the fall. I'm not sure how it would work for you since they are different Divisions (NAIA and NCAA). Say you signed at Mary instead of Minot, you wouldnt be able to "sign" a LOI at Duke because they are both NCAA schools, just different levels.

hope that makes more sense for you?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:49 am

baseball wrote:thanks scooby...your right about the confusing part being that she signed at Bradley instead of just a verbal.

balla...I am 99% certain a player can only sign one national Letter of Intent, and cannot sign a 2nd even if the first school lets them out. That was a huge deal with Xavier Henry and his decommit from Memphis and commit to Kansas and then thoughts about going overseas or to Kentucky...since he singed an LOI at Memphis he couldnt sign one at Kansas and he had to sign a Financial Aid in Grant form or something like that, so nothing is official until he's in classes and on campus in the fall. I'm not sure how it would work for you since they are different Divisions (NAIA and NCAA). Say you signed at Mary instead of Minot, you wouldnt be able to "sign" a LOI at Duke because they are both NCAA schools, just different levels.

hope that makes more sense for you?

You are correct. The main purpose of the LOI is to basically end the recruiting process for both the college and the student-athlete. The college generally will offer a financial aid agreement and the student agrees to commit to 1 year at the college. But most importantly, it protects the time and effort of the college by prohibiting other colleges from contacting and recruiting the particular student-athlete. It's not to say that a deal couldn't be worked out where the student-athlete and the college voids the agreement, but a second letter of intent would not be applicable. Therefore, if a player signs a LOI that is nationally registered to a small D2 school, and Duke or Kansas (for example), or any school, came and offered the student-athlete a scholarship to play for them, the college could be in serious violation of NCAA recruiting rules.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lookin » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:29 am

I agree about Kilpinski. Having watched him at tourneys with teams around the region (Iowa, Illinois, MN, Michigan, etc) he is, in comparison, slow, plays lazy defense, and has been outplayed by WAY too many players for a DI to continue to look at him. He might play great against his local teams, but the talent pool is HUGE in the class of 2010. He is D2 material at best. Regional colleges- D1 or D2 are no longer just looking in this area. There's way too much talent out there, and BK doesn't match up.
lookin
NDPreps Rookie

Postby pumping1gas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Last edited by pumping1gas on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pumping1gas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I disagree. The class of 2010 is continually referred to as a weak senior class on a national level.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballin304life » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Hanstad could win as a junior. If he got a lot better over the summer he could have a legit shot at it
ballin304life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 pm

ballin304life wrote:Hanstad could win as a junior. If he got a lot better over the summer he could have a legit shot at it

I dont think he had to get better to win it. IMO he could have won as a Sophomore if ND did Mr Bball like the rest of the country...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby toeman20 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Viking4life wrote:Mr. Basketball 09-10 = Thorton from BHS

why would you say that? Hes doesn't even come close to BK.
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Michigan12 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Randall's got it in the bag
Michigan12
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Michigan12 wrote:Randall's got it in the bag

Close race between Kielpinski, Randall, Savageau, Schreiner, and Finley. Finley is really, really, really good. A lot better than last year. He is athletic now.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squatch » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 am

balla45 wrote:
Michigan12 wrote:Randall's got it in the bag

Close race between Kielpinski, Randall, Savageau, Schreiner, and Finley. Finley is really, really, really good. A lot better than last year. He is athletic now.

I like Kielpinski the best for mr basketball he is the most important to his team with savageau a close second
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. All Day » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 pm

well i think it is gona be Bruce Govig from Century that will get it and close second Jacobs
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys