Underdogs of 2009-2010

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Underdogs of 2009-2010

Postby squatch » Wed May 13, 2009 8:28 am

Is there any teams/players that not a lot of people talk about that could surprise some people next year?
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Re: Underdogs of 2009-2010

Postby Dr. J » Wed May 13, 2009 12:49 pm

The team that is going to surprise many is belcourt. Belcourt has some of their key players coming back from injury, so they are going places this year, thats a fact. Although this may seem like a surprise to many, it is not one to me because I am aware of their talent and put my trust in the coaching staff. I had the opportunity to sit down with the belcourt coach and he expressed to me his desire to focuss on their defense and 3 point shooting.

High Hopes for the Rumbling, Tumbling Belcourt Braves!
Dr. J
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed May 13, 2009 1:47 pm

squatch wrote:Is there any teams/players that not a lot of people talk about that could surprise some people next year?

I think any of the teams that went to WDA from last year could be in for the running for state this year. The WDA is gonna be a black and blue division this year. If one night your off your game, someone will have ya for lunch. I truely don't think you can say any one team is an underdog this year from the WDA. Good year for a basketball fan.

This is a good topic. I would like to see others opinions.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Home Run » Wed May 13, 2009 4:32 pm

I noticed the heading was for underdogs so I am going to go with Fargo Shanley. I believe they finished last year with a 4 and 7 mark in their last 11 games including a playoff win. Their website didn't show a senior on the team which means valuable experience with physical and mental maturity from an extra year will prove to be invaluable to this team. I don't know if they will necessarily qualify for state, but perhaps they will surprise many throughout next winter's season. I also feel that South has a shot with some returning players to get back on track. Again, these are not my favorites but the underdogs for next season.
Home Run
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Wed May 13, 2009 8:03 pm

BHS- Jolliffe, Miller
CHS- Ledger, Melvie
DHS-Moody
JHS-Gange
Mandan-Coyle
Minot-Steinwand
St Marys-Becker
Williston-Eric Johnson
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby dillseeds » Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 am

Dr. J wrote:The team that is going to surprise many is belcourt. Belcourt has some of their key players coming back from injury, so they are going places this year, thats a fact. Although this may seem like a surprise to many, it is not one to me because I am aware of their talent and put my trust in the coaching staff. I had the opportunity to sit down with the belcourt coach and he expressed to me his desire to focuss on their defense and 3 point shooting.

No
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Thu May 14, 2009 4:45 pm

I think Marcus Fearing from Williston could surprise some people, he's not really well known yet, he works hard and can score like its nobody's business
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I forgot to post this after i saw the team camps this summer but Chris Rivinius and Kameron Wingenbach are 2 guys at Century that are flying under the radar. Rivinius is going to be one of the top 5 big men in the wda behind Kielpinski, Werner, and Crosby. He has great hands, he is very long, pretty strong and getting strong, and with the way Century has them working 3 times a week hes going to be good with his back to the basket. Wingenbach seems to be a player to me that will really do well in Matterns system. The way there going to move the ball and create for other players this sets up Wingenbach to be a spot up shooter and a can who can get into that 15 foot range and knock down a jump shot. He is also 6-2 and there isnt many 6'2, 2 guards in the WDA.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballernation » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm

King James wrote:BHS- Jolliffe, Miller
CHS- Ledger, Melvie
DHS-Moody
JHS-Gange
Mandan-Coyle
Minot-Steinwand
St Marys-Becker
Williston-Eric Johnson

uhhhh no.... edit that with fearing and you got a list
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:41 am

whats wrong with it
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballernation » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:27 pm

King James wrote:whats wrong with it

eric johnson
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:06 pm

i think he may be like a 10 point 6 rebound guy this year. i saw him play jv last year and he had a decent back to the basket game and he can step out and shoot. and williston as you know loves to get the ball into their big men so i just think he has an oppurtunity to be a good player because he is in a system that allows him to be
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballernation » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:05 pm

King James wrote:i think he may be like a 10 point 6 rebound guy this year. i saw him play jv last year and he had a decent back to the basket game and he can step out and shoot. and williston as you know loves to get the ball into their big men so i just think he has an oppurtunity to be a good player because he is in a system that allows him to be

you say 10 and 6... i say sumthin more like 3 and 5
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby King James » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Where else will Williston get their points. Eiken is a guy who will score 15-17 a game and Vinger seems like a 12-13 point a game guy.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:27 am

King James wrote:Where else will Williston get their points. Eiken is a guy who will score 15-17 a game and Vinger seems like a 12-13 point a game guy.

Got to agree with you KJ,Where else is Williston gonna get their points. I believe teams will be focusing on Eiken and Vinger since both had a good showing at WDA and state this past year that someone will have to step up and help get points.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Kobe24 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Dr. J wrote:The team that is going to surprise many is belcourt. Belcourt has some of their key players coming back from injury, so they are going places this year, thats a fact. Although this may seem like a surprise to many, it is not one to me because I am aware of their talent and put my trust in the coaching staff. I had the opportunity to sit down with the belcourt coach and he expressed to me his desire to focuss on their defense and 3 point shooting.

I agree with the doctor. If belcourt does have some players coming back from injury there is no reason why they shouldn't be a team on the rise this year. I for one would like to see the belcourt braves do well this year and be an elite team. I don't see why they couldn't make it past the divisional round atleast. I also have high hopes for the belcourt braves.
Kobe24
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys