West Underclassmen

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: West Underclassmen

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm

thejoker wrote:What do you think about John Hagen(Jamestown sophomore) and Isiah Steinwand(Minot)?

Hagen can score for sure. He is hurt by the fact that Jamestown returns 6 of their top 7 guys.

Isaiah Steinwand also can score for sure. Needs to develop his point skills maybe, but I don't think he is a natural point. 29 points in the 3rd place game to get Minot the win. Had games of 4, 5, and 6 threes in the tournament. He will be a very solid player in the coming years. I believe he made Minot's WDA varsity team.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby thejoker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm

balla45 wrote:
thejoker wrote:What do you think about John Hagen(Jamestown sophomore) and Isiah Steinwand(Minot)?

Hagen can score for sure. He is hurt by the fact that Jamestown returns 6 of their top 7 guys.

Isaiah Steinwand also can score for sure. Needs to develop his point skills maybe, but I don't think he is a natural point. 29 points in the 3rd place game to get Minot the win. Had games of 4, 5, and 6 threes in the tournament. He will be a very solid player in the coming years. I believe he made Minot's WDA varsity team.

I think Steinwand is ahead of Thunshelle for sure, as he is a much more complete player.

I'm not sure about Hagen though, mostly because if he does not grow a whole lot more, he'll have a tough time playing in the WDA.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Once the WDA tourney is over, I'll give you my top 25 WDA underclassmen. I think you will agree with them.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby demonfan14 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:31 pm

thejoker wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I think Steinwand is ahead of Thunshelle for sure, as he is a much more complete player.

I'm not sure about Hagen though, mostly because if he does not grow a whole lot more, he'll have a tough time playing in the WDA.
Hagen is decently quick and can get to the rim. He needs to grow a little though to really compete at the WDA level. Isiah is a very good set and jump shooter. He had a really good sophomore tournament and 3rd place game
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:51 am

thejoker wrote:
balla45 wrote:

All I can say about Izzy (Steinwand) is he played in the Williston game and had some pretty good time on the floor for the Varsity. He will be in Bisamrck along with Jake Moch for the WDA. A couple of players that IMO will make some noise next year.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby dewey11 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:22 am

I'm looking forward to this top 25 list, mr. balla45.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby BOB SAGET! » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Marcus Fearing of williston anyone? He hasnt seen any Jv or Varsity playing time like alot of the guys you guys have been talking about but i would say he is a pretty solid player
BOB SAGET!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dewey11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Is he number 13 on the Soph team? If so, he's a good player, can handle the ball very well and can shoot well too.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby BOB SAGET! » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:35 pm

yes that would be him
BOB SAGET!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dewey11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:49 pm

He's the only good player on Williston's sophomore team. It's really a shame that he had nobody around him. He'll be a good varsity point guard someday.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby BOB SAGET! » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 pm

i dont know alot of names here so if somone could fill me in on some that would be appreciated

#32 of bismark
#32 of mandan
#32 of jamestown
izzy and moch of minot
#3 of williston
wentz of century
#42 of mandan
liggins of bismark

im not saying these are the best or anything of the like just saying these are kids i watched and they impressed me
BOB SAGET!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thejoker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 pm

dewey11 wrote:Is he number 13 on the Soph team? If so, he's a good player, can handle the ball very well and can shoot well too.

dewey11 wrote:He's the only good player on Williston's sophomore team. It's really a shame that he had nobody around him. He'll be a good varsity point guard someday.

Thanks for the complement, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the team.

Their were many good players on our team, not just me, and at times in the year we showed what a great team we could be.

(I'm Marcus by the way)
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby BOB SAGET! » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:05 pm

all of the above are kids on sophmore teams just to clarify dont want any mix ups
BOB SAGET!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thejoker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:07 pm

BOB SAGET! wrote:i dont know alot of names here so if somone could fill me in on some that would be appreciated

#32 of bismark
#32 of mandan
#32 of jamestown
izzy and moch of minot
#3 of williston
wentz of century
#42 of mandan
liggins of bismark

im not saying these are the best or anything of the like just saying these are kids i watched and they impressed me

#32 Bismarck=Jared Thunshelle
#32 Mandan=Aaron Janz
#34 Jamestown=John Hagan
Izzy and Moch
#3 Williston=Corey Langerud
Wentz
#42 Mandan=Trey Nadeau (sp)
Liggins
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:13 pm

thejoker wrote:
dewey11 wrote:Is he number 13 on the Soph team? If so, he's a good player, can handle the ball very well and can shoot well too.

dewey11 wrote:He's the only good player on Williston's sophomore team. It's really a shame that he had nobody around him. He'll be a good varsity point guard someday.

Thanks for the complement, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the team.

Their were many good players on our team, not just me, and at times in the year we showed what a great team we could be.

(I'm Marcus by the way)

I don't mean to be rude, but you guys ended up as the 8 seed behind St.Mary's and Dickinson. Neither of those two teams are anything special. Dickinson lost to Belcourt and St.Mary's got swept by Dickinson. Did you beat any good teams?
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby thejoker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 pm

dewey11 wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but you guys ended up as the 8 seed behind St.Mary's and Dickinson. Neither of those two teams are anything special. Dickinson lost to Belcourt and St.Mary's got swept by Dickinson. Did you beat any good teams?

Well...We tied the season series with both Dickinson and St. Mary's, as well as Century. If you wanna throw it in there, we had Bismarck by 7 at half, but couldn't hold on to it. (We also swept Belcourt.)
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby BOB SAGET! » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:50 pm

I thought the williston team had plenty of talent they just needed to put together a good game they would always come out hot and get cold or come out cold and get hot
BOB SAGET!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_future23 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:38 pm

thejoker wrote:
BOB SAGET! wrote:i dont know alot of names here so if somone could fill me in on some that would be appreciated

#32 of bismark
#32 of mandan
#32 of jamestown
izzy and moch of minot
#3 of williston
wentz of century
#42 of mandan
liggins of bismark

#32 Bismarck=Jared Thunshelle
#32 Mandan=Aaron Janz
#34 Jamestown=John Hagan
Izzy and Moch
#3 Williston=Corey Langerud
Wentz
#42 Mandan=Trey Nadeau (sp)
Liggins

#42 of Mandan is Mark Zinke
the_future23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Sophomores.

1. Joe Hanstad-DHS
2. Jesse Crosby-MHS
3. Jarl Abrahamson-DHS
4. Nate Moody-DHS
5. Dewayne Liggins-BHS
6. Max Murphy-MHS
7. Isaiah Steinwand-MHS
8. Justin Ledger-CHS
9. Leighton Talmadge-BHS
10. Jordan Kleinjan-BHS

Freshmen.

1. Dexter Werner-BHS
2. Devin Coyle-MHS
3. Aaron Janz-MHS
4. Jesse Kessel-DHS
5. Erron Collins (Eighth Grader)-MHS
6. Andre Maund-CHS
7. Seth Westby-MHS
8. Jaxon Fitterer-BHS
9. Jared Thunshelle-BHS
10. Dustin Adams-MHS

I'll add more of an explanation to my rankings later.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby demonfan14 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:49 pm

balla45 wrote:Sophomores.

1. Joe Hanstad-DHS
2. Jesse Crosby-MHS
3. Jarl Abrahamson-DHS
4. Nate Moody-DHS
5. Dewayne Liggins-BHS
6. Max Murphy-MHS
7. Isaiah Steinwand-MHS
8. Justin Ledger-CHS
9. Leighton Talmadge-BHS
10. Jordan Kleinjan-BHS

Freshmen.

1. Dexter Werner-BHS
2. Devin Coyle-MHS
3. Aaron Janz-MHS
4. Jesse Kessel-DHS
5. Erron Collins (Eighth Grader)-MHS
6. Andre Maund-CHS
7. Seth Westby-MHS
8. Jaxon Fitterer-BHS
9. Jared Thunshelle-BHS
10. Dustin Adams-MHS

I'll add more of an explanation to my rankings later.

explantion?
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:15 am

one item of note... i was talking to Dewane the other day and noticed that he was towering over me more then he usually does... this is no joke he has probably grown 1-3 inches since the basketball season has ended... i would say he is right around 6'2" 6'3" right now... i might have shrunk though who knows
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 pm

squeak63 wrote:one item of note... i was talking to Dewane the other day and noticed that he was towering over me more then he usually does... this is no joke he has probably grown 1-3 inches since the basketball season has ended... i would say he is right around 6'2" 6'3" right now... i might have shrunk though who knows

I believe we'll see quite a few of these guys grow that much by Bismarck's team camp this year.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby toeman20 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:34 pm

King James wrote:1. Dexter Werner BHS
2 Jarl Abrahamson DHS
3 Max Murphy Minot
4 Nate Moody DHS
5 Jordan Kleinjan BHS
6 Leighton Talmadge BHS
7 Dewayne Liggins BHS
8 Andre Maund CHS
9 Jaxon Fitterer BHS
10 Devin Coyle MHS

balla45 asked for freshman/sophomores and you 2-7 are all juniors
toeman20
NDPreps Starter

Postby northoftheborder » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:59 pm

toeman20 wrote:
2 Jarl Abrahamson DHS
3 Max Murphy Minot
4 Nate Moody DHS
5 Jordan Kleinjan BHS
6 Leighton Talmadge BHS
7 Dewayne Liggins BHS
8 Andre Maund CHS
9 Jaxon Fitterer BHS
10 Devin Coyle MHS

think toeman. look at the date on that lists post.... they were sophomores in feb of 2009. :mrgreen:
northoftheborder

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:15 pm

northoftheborder wrote:
toeman20 wrote:
2 Jarl Abrahamson DHS
3 Max Murphy Minot
4 Nate Moody DHS
5 Jordan Kleinjan BHS
6 Leighton Talmadge BHS
7 Dewayne Liggins BHS
8 Andre Maund CHS
9 Jaxon Fitterer BHS
10 Devin Coyle MHS

think toeman. look at the date on that lists post.... they were sophomores in feb of 2009. :mrgreen:

I'm glad to see toeman is keeping up with the times... :D
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys