West Underclassmen

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: West Underclassmen

Postby reruam » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Any more detaill, and is he better then Obritsch.
Last edited by reruam on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reruam
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:54 pm

He has range out to 3. Very solid junior varsity player. Great touch. Monster in the post. Yes.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby babyjames » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 am

balla45 wrote:
babyjames wrote:they only played a half and all the players we played against are now sitting varisty and playing JV plus the four just moved down so they had a get a different offense.

When i said our bench will be stacked doesnt mean that any of them will be freshman. A lot of people are in basketball in my class and over half are good and play at JV level.

SInce you are so smart and know everything tell me the top five teams in state and WDA in 2012.

To Northdakota11 i never said anything about 2012 being bad im saying after 2012 will be bad. I never played in the game in mandan so i lost no creditability

p.s. balla45 you are in college non of this should matter to u but for some reason u care and no one knows why. get a life your not in high school anymore.Do not give out personal information on someone else on here. And P.S. this is not Balla45

I don't know enough about 2012 to guess the top 5. Mandan and Bismarck will be the two best teams in the WDA. Werner and Coyle will represent the WDA for Mr. Basketball. Daniel Yale from Berthold will win.

Hahaha. As long as the players that I coach are still in high school, their careers will matter to me. This is why I care. Seeing that I coach Coyle, Westby, Marcellais, Fitzsimmons, Mittelsteadt, Sadowsky, Horner, and Collins, and workout with Collins 8 months of the year, and Clairmont in the summer, I am going to care until they graduate. That and I am probably helping Horner coach next year, as time allows.

Everyone knows who I am. It is not personal information that I am in college. This has been documented.

you cant just say whos gonna win mr basketball and whos gonna be good in 2012 people get better or worse. How do u not include Danny FIscher any where in there is it because u hate jamestown? you once again point out the obvious on the top 2 teams are but i asked for the top 5 teams.

Im so glad u are giving back to your program you are the nicest guy. Also just since u know these ppl doesnt mean they are good i have never heard of Marcellais, Fitzsimmons, MIttelsteadt, Sadowsky, Horner, or collins for all i know those could be made up names.
the one and only
babyjames
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 am

babyjames wrote:
balla45 wrote:
babyjames wrote:they only played a half and all the players we played against are now sitting varisty and playing JV plus the four just moved down so they had a get a different offense.

When i said our bench will be stacked doesnt mean that any of them will be freshman. A lot of people are in basketball in my class and over half are good and play at JV level.

SInce you are so smart and know everything tell me the top five teams in state and WDA in 2012.

To Northdakota11 i never said anything about 2012 being bad im saying after 2012 will be bad. I never played in the game in mandan so i lost no creditability

p.s. balla45 you are in college non of this should matter to u but for some reason u care and no one knows why. get a life your not in high school anymore.Do not give out personal information on someone else on here. And P.S. this is not Balla45

I don't know enough about 2012 to guess the top 5. Mandan and Bismarck will be the two best teams in the WDA. Werner and Coyle will represent the WDA for Mr. Basketball. Daniel Yale from Berthold will win.

Hahaha. As long as the players that I coach are still in high school, their careers will matter to me. This is why I care. Seeing that I coach Coyle, Westby, Marcellais, Fitzsimmons, Mittelsteadt, Sadowsky, Horner, and Collins, and workout with Collins 8 months of the year, and Clairmont in the summer, I am going to care until they graduate. That and I am probably helping Horner coach next year, as time allows.

Everyone knows who I am. It is not personal information that I am in college. This has been documented.

you cant just say whos gonna win mr basketball and whos gonna be good in 2012 people get better or worse. How do u not include Danny FIscher any where in there is it because u hate jamestown? you once again point out the obvious on the top 2 teams are but i asked for the top 5 teams.

Im so glad u are giving back to your program you are the nicest guy. Also just since u know these ppl doesnt mean they are good i have never heard of Marcellais, Fitzsimmons, MIttelsteadt, Sadowsky, Horner, or collins for all i know those could be made up names.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Yale will win Mr. Basketball. I really have never seen a player get worse as he or she aged, barring injury. I don't think Fischer will be a Mr. Basketball candidate. I do not hate Jamestown, as I predicted them to make state this year. I do not know enough about 2012 to guess the top 5 teams. If you really want me to, in no particular order, BHS, MHS, CHS, WFHS, DLHS.

Thank you. Marcellais is 6'3'' 225, with range out to 3, but is mostly a face up post player ,jv/v. Fitzsimmons and Mittelsteadt are shooters ,soph, and ,fresh/soph. Sadowsky is a hard nosed defensive player ,fresh/soph/jv. Horner is improving steadily, and we will see what happens with him ,fresh/soph. Collins is, by far, the best freshman in the WDA, with range out to about 25 feet, try youtube and see if you agree with me jv/v.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby babyjames » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Give me some good reasons why fischer wont be a mr basketball canidate. How have u never seen a player get worse as they age just one example NBA. out of all teams u picked DLHS give me some reasons why u would pick them in top 5. Usaully when an underclassman is good at basketball u hear about them ive only heard of collins. Are there really videos of collins on youtube.
the one and only
babyjames
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 am

babyjames wrote:Give me some good reasons why fischer wont be a mr basketball canidate. How have u never seen a player get worse as they age just one example NBA. out of all teams u picked DLHS give me some reasons why u would pick them in top 5. Usaully when an underclassman is good at basketball u hear about them ive only heard of collins. Are there really videos of collins on youtube.

He meant when they mature in high school and college. Not when they are in the NBA and get old and slow. Obviously then they get worse. And yes there are videos of Collins on youtube. Just type in Erron Collins Highlights.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:40 am

babyjames wrote:Give me some good reasons why fischer wont be a mr basketball canidate. How have u never seen a player get worse as they age just one example NBA. out of all teams u picked DLHS give me some reasons why u would pick them in top 5. Usaully when an underclassman is good at basketball u hear about them ive only heard of collins. Are there really videos of collins on youtube.

[/quote]\

First you say you have never heard of collins and then you say he is the only one you have heard of. I am from the east and have heard of some of these players. You obviously havent left your Jamestown bubble. As for gettting worse, high school players dont get worse, many times they do plateu and dont get better and others in their class get better and catch up or pass the talent level of a stud. I would also put Fargo South in that top 5 group...there is a group of really good 8th graders that will playing with a talented 3-4 talented freshman.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:24 am

I hate to do this as it seems like it is cutting him down. I think he is pretty good. I do not think he is better than Yale, Werner, Coyle, Janz, Maund, Thunshelle, or Kessel. This is only from the WDA. There are likely some good sophomores in the EDC as well.

I picked Devil's Lake because they have a freshman starter, a freshman and sophomore coming off the bench, an 8th grader on jv.

You posted that "usually when an underclassmen is good at basketball, you hear about them." I had heard of none of you before this season, and I had only heard about Fischer before you came along, because he dropped 30. What does this tell you about your class of 2012?

You said you have heard of none of the players that I coached, then followed by saying that you have only heard of Collins. So you lied, which really does not bother me.

I will break it down for you as best I can.

Phaden Marcellais, a sophomore, is 6'3'' 225 and plays jv and varsity for Mandan.
Trey Fitzsimmons, a sophomore, is 5'9''. Plays sophomore and jv for Mandan, and is mostly a shooter.
Adam Mittelsteadt, a freshman, is 5'9''. Plays freshman and sophomore for Mandan, and is mostly a shooter.
Tyler Sadowsky, a freshman, is 5'8''. Played on the freshman team, now only sophomore and jv for Mandan, and is a hard nosed defensive player.
Dylan Horner, a freshman, is 6'1''. Plays freshman and sophomore for Mandan, and is steadily improving.
Erron Collins, a freshman, is 5'10''. Plays jv and varsity for Mandan, and is the best freshman in the WDA, by far.

I did not post that these players were all amazing, some of them are and will be solid role players. I posted that these are the players that I coach.

Baller, do these talented 8th graders make up a team called the Fargo Force? If so, they are amazing. My Bismarck/Mandan team did not lose to many North Dakota teams, but this one smashed us. I was very impressed.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby roundem6 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:52 pm

He also won a state championship smart guy.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:10 pm

PickSix wrote:BTW balla45 i watched u play at WDA and you are so bad a shooting your coach would get stuff if u shot. Also babyjames has told me elsewhere that u have banned his account, im sure this is true considering u think you're god on this website. U also had no comeback to babyjames saying u are garabage at shooting.

This is fun. If you play, I would be willing to bet that you graduate with a lower percent from 3 than I did. Considering I shot about 40% from 3 my junior year, this is likely. I did not ban BabyJames. I would unban him, but I do not know what he got banned for. I probably would have had a comeback, but I didn't see the post. I was at the YMCA and hanging out with a friend. By the way, you do not know enough about Horner or his coaching style to know what would make him mad? A player shooting a jumper would not make him mad. A player shooting a jumper before the ball was reversed will make him mad. My ability to shoot a basketball being called into question is funny. You watched me play at WDA you say, how many jumpers did I miss?

And PickSix? What have you done, and why do I get brought up? We were not talking about my individual basketball skills. But, if you and BabyJames want to compare. I won state, won 96% of my games my senior year, made the WDA and State tournament teams, was all state, a Lion's All Star, led my team in rebounds and assists, all of this playing out of position. I also beat your team 5 times in my career, lost to them 0 times. I can jam at 5'11''. What have any of you done?

Also, please post like you have been educated. Posting "How dont u think Danny Fischer wont get mr basketball, give reasons?" is just confusing.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbball1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:26 pm

PickSix wrote:BTW balla45 i watched u play at WDA and you are so bad a shooting your coach would get stuff if u shot. Also babyjames has told me elsewhere that u have banned his account, im sure this is true considering u think you're god on this website. U also had no comeback to babyjames saying u are garabage at shooting.

balla45 was the strongest player in the state, and could drive to the basket at will, and he also helped his team win a state championship. think before you say stuff
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 pm

This might clear things up for you.

Reasons Danny Fischer will not win Mr. Basketball.

1. Daniel Yale is a better basketball player.
2. Dexter Werner is a better basketball player.
3. Devin Coyle is a better basketball player.
4. Aaron Janz is a better basketball player.
5. Andre Maund is a better basketball player.
6. Jesse Kessel is a better basketball player.
7. Jared Thunshelle is a better basketball player.
8. Jaxon Fitterer is a better basketball player.
9. Mack Arvidson is a better basketball player.
10. There are at least 9 sophomore basketball players better than Danny Fischer, thus, I do not see him winning Mr. Basketball.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:10 pm

I must also add that it is ironic that the only other user to post from your i.p. address is none other than BabyJames.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Ok first off if you have said that you have't heard of Fischer until the TM game then how do you know he has no chance? He still has 2 years to get better and make a name for himself. Also last year you said that Coyle was better than Werner (even though Werner was putting up solid numbers) because Coyle was playing behind good players. Well Fischer is playing behind 2 PGs (One who is leading the WDA in assists) and is still putting up solid numbers and helping his team.

PS dont be a Hypocrite. In another topic you said that dunking it at 5'10 wasn't that amazing and now you are trying to play yourself up by saying you can dunk it at 5'11. (And i think we all saw your "dunk" at state last year :lol: )
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:50 pm

I didn't say he has no chance. I posted that I do not think he will win, and why I do not think he will win. I have watched him play 3 different times, and nothing he has done shows me that I should change my mind. Who is he playing behind, other than Piatz? The situation is also much different with Coyle. Coyle was a freshman playing behind 2 seniors, on a 24-1 team, with an all state point guard. Fischer is playing behind Piatz on an 8-6 team. These situations are not really comparable.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I don't think dunking at 5'10'' is that impressive, however, I do not think any of these Jamestown individuals can do that. My brother once said that if you are 6' tall you should be able to dunk. (What dunk did you see at state last year? I do not remember dunking at state. The only oppurtunity I would have had was a fast break in the West Fargo game, but Moch fouled me, and seeing that this was an important game, it would not have been worth it to risk missing, had he not fouled me at half court.)

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Im pretty sure if Coyle went to Jamestown he would not be playing ahead of Piatz he would be coming off the bench just like Fischer. You can debate this but its a fact he would be playing behind him (Coach's decision even if he is better) so you cant say that Fischer playing behind him shows that he isnt a good player. If you werent trying to play up that being 5'11 and dunking it is amazing you wouldn't have added that you were 5'11. Take a 5'10 kid put him through Acceleration and bam he can dunk it. And I put dunk in quotation marks cause it was the fast break you had were (im guessing because the camera was a bit behind you) you got stuffed by the rim (Either that or you missed an open lay up you can decide which one is more embarassing) and the ball shot back.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 pm

powercat wrote:Im pretty sure if Coyle went to Jamestown he would not be playing ahead of Piatz he would be coming off the bench just like Fischer. You can debate this but its a fact he would be playing behind him (Coach's decision even if he is better) so you cant say that Fischer playing behind him shows that he isnt a good player. If you werent trying to play up that being 5'11 and dunking it is amazing you wouldn't have added that you were 5'11. Take a 5'10 kid put him through Acceleration and bam he can dunk it. And I put dunk in quotation marks cause it was the fast break you had were (im guessing because the camera was a bit behind you) you got stuffed by the rim (Either that or you missed an open lay up you can decide which one is more embarassing) and the ball shot back.

I didn't say that Fischer is not a good player, I actually said the opposite. "I think he is pretty good." I just don't think he is a potential Mr. Basketball.

Dunking doesn't amaze me in itself. The way Nik dunks amazes me. A simple dunk doesn't amaze me. My brother could 360, windmill, etc. This impresses me. I can do basic dunks, like a 5'11'' individual "should" be able to do. If I were trying to play dunking up as being amazing, I would have talked about Coyle being able to dunk a long time ago, seeing that he is 5'10'' or 5'11''. (Your memory of games I play in is much worse than mine. The shot I missed was me coming down the lane and missing a lay up of the left front side of the rim. The ball didn't shoot back either. I got the offensive board. Not really embarrassing. I might be able to put a video clip up if you really want me to, but this might violate some copyright laws, so I might not be able to do this.)

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:21 pm

balla45 wrote:I didn't say he has no chance. I posted that I do not think he will win, and why I do not think he will win. I have watched him play 3 different times, and nothing he has done shows me that I should change my mind. Who is he playing behind, other than Piatz? The situation is also much different with Coyle. Coyle was a freshman playing behind 2 seniors, on a 24-1 team, with an all state point guard. Fischer is playing behind Piatz on an 8-6 team. These situations are not really comparable.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I don't think dunking at 5'10'' is that impressive, however, I do not think any of these Jamestown individuals can do that. My brother once said that if you are 6' tall you should be able to dunk. (What dunk did you see at state last year? I do not remember dunking at state. The only oppurtunity I would have had was a fast break in the West Fargo game, but Moch fouled me, and seeing that this was an important game, it would not have been worth it to risk missing, had he not fouled me at half court.)

Balla, your family is crazy then because if you are 6' you should not be able to dunk. Yes, a lot of 6' people can, but these are kids with crazy hops. I think if your 6'4'' you should be able to dunk but if your shorter than that its impressive to be able to dunk. Maybe this is because I come from a class B background, where you typically don't see many people that can dunk.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Indy5 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I didn't say he has no chance. I posted that I do not think he will win, and why I do not think he will win. I have watched him play 3 different times, and nothing he has done shows me that I should change my mind. Who is he playing behind, other than Piatz? The situation is also much different with Coyle. Coyle was a freshman playing behind 2 seniors, on a 24-1 team, with an all state point guard. Fischer is playing behind Piatz on an 8-6 team. These situations are not really comparable.

Balla, your family is crazy then because if you are 6' you should not be able to dunk. Yes, a lot of 6' people can, but these are kids with crazy hops. I think if your 6'4'' you should be able to dunk but if your shorter than that its impressive to be able to dunk. Maybe this is because I come from a class B background, where you typically don't see many people that can dunk.

I don't think dunking effects your ability to play basketball, unless you do it in games, like a LeBron or Howard. My brother said on this website, you can go back and look a couple of years and probably find it, that if you are 6' tall you should be able to dunk. He said things like this because he was 5'10'' with a 39.5'' vertical.

My question is, why in a topic about West Underclassmen does driftoff come to me? Seeing that I did nothing to create this driftoff, this confuses me.

I would care much more in a different situation, but since creating this topic, I have got all the information I needed on the WDA underclassmen.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 pm

I know it doesn't really affect your ability to play basketball that much. I was just commenting that if you think anyone 6' SHOULD be able to dunk thats crazy.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:40 pm

2ndcomin wrote: personally if u above 6 feet u should be able to get it down easy as a mug but yah if u cant dunk and u 6 feet u might wanna step yo jump game up

Not my words.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:53 pm

I meant it as the general you, not you personally. But your brother is crazy then.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbball1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 pm

i am 5'11 and i can dunk, i dont play basketball and im not saying im good, but the point it that dunking when your 6 foot is not that impressive.
ndbball1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:44 pm

ndbball1 wrote:i am 5'11 and i can dunk, i dont play basketball and im not saying im good, but the point it that dunking when your 6 foot is not that impressive.

Thank you. I do not see how this is difficult for people to understand.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:45 pm

I think it's impressive to dunk if your only 6'. That is getting up there pretty good.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys