West Underclassmen

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: West Underclassmen

Postby demonfan14 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Indy5 wrote:I think it's impressive to dunk if your only 6'. That is getting up there pretty good.

It's really not that big of a deal to be able to dunk at 6'
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kingjames23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am

The only way i find dunking under 6 foot to be impressive is if it is something legit. im sure majority of the guys under 6 foot saying they can dunk is a weak one hand that barely gets above the rim. If a guy goes up and throws one down with two hands and snaps the rim hard i consider that pretty good. but barely hanging on the rim or layin it in and pulling the rim down is not a true "dunk" in my book.
kingjames23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 am

Agreed. I call those "power layups" haha.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Hahaha i like that term "power layups". I wish i could see what these guys dunks look like. im sure it would be ammusing
kingjames23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby powercat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Why is this topic now about dunking? It was titled west underclassmen. I dont think there are many of those that can 360 double between the legs jam. Get back on topic.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm

powercat wrote:Why is this topic now about dunking? It was titled west underclassmen. I dont think there are many of those that can 360 double between the legs jam. Get back on topic.

You are one of the individuals who created this drift off. I agree we should either get back on topic, or just end it. I created this last season to help choose some players for an AAU organization. It has served its purpose.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 pm

this driftoff has somewhat killed me ego about my basketball playing ability... first of all i am 6' tall and i can barely touch the rim, and second of all i averaged 20 points a game in sophmore ball and then couldn't see the court my senior year and i could dunk my sophmore year... so therefor i didn't get better with time like every high school player should... that being said lets get rid of this thread it has gotten completely off topic and even though it was amusing to read for a while its really going no where
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Agreed.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys