Loudest Student Section

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Loudest Student Section

Postby Mustanghero » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

I like DHS's, there's a couple always a couple ppl who dress up everygame it seems...they starts chants, get everybody involved, they jsut set the pace real well
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:10 am

St. Mary's is pretty good but get down when they're team is only down by a few (plus they say "you can't do that" too much). BHS's is very vulgar and unsportsmanlike, their Activities Director should do something about that. Century's and Mandan's and Minot's are relatively weak. Dickinson's is good and loud, but not too creative. Williston has some pretty cool signs. Jamestown's is loud, but annoying and repetitive and complain about officiating. Belcourt is....Belcourt.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby redsnowman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:14 pm

williston gets really loud, especially when quale is dominating.
redsnowman

Postby roundem6 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm

whoever claims wahpeton has the loudest student section is wrong. their gym is already small and there are only about 3 guys who are loud the whole game. plus the hometown refs dont help the cause. I think everybody in the east is lucky that wahpeton doesnt get to bring their own refs to the conference tourney
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pitbull1821 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:00 pm

roundem6 wrote:whoever claims wahpeton has the loudest student section is wrong. their gym is already small and there are only about 3 guys who are loud the whole game. plus the hometown refs dont help the cause. I think everybody in the east is lucky that wahpeton doesnt get to bring their own refs to the conference tourney

you act like we love having bad reffing..i hate bad reffing it ruins the game completely it makes the game not fun...everyone says we get all the calls and im not gonna say we dont get some but from the north game their was more than one instance where the refs made a terrible call that gave north the ball when it should have gone to wahpeton and then north scored
pitbull1821
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Williston's student section can get really loud...but i've noticed that the athletic director, principal, or v.p. is usually over there talking to them about a chant everyonce in awhile. I have yet to see an other school whose faculty does that.....
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Mustanghero wrote:I like DHS's, there's a couple always a couple ppl who dress up everygame it seems...they starts chants, get everybody involved, they jsut set the pace real well

I was at the Williston/Dickinson game in Dickinson and the only time i saw the dickinson student's cheer is when they won on the last second shot..(still don't agree with that) Other than that, the Williston student's who went down were louder for pretty much the whole game....
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby clutch24 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Mustanghero wrote:I like DHS's, there's a couple always a couple ppl who dress up everygame it seems...they starts chants, get everybody involved, they jsut set the pace real well

I was at the Williston/Dickinson game in Dickinson and the only time i saw the dickinson student's cheer is when they won on the last second shot..(still don't agree with that) Other than that, the Williston student's who went down were louder for pretty much the whole game....

I was there too. And the whole 15 or so Williston students that were there.. were louder.. It was very disappointing..
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby roundem6 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:03 pm

pitbull i will not disagree with that but when norths players made a move anywhere inside that lane it always ended up bein a charge. which negated about 4 possible 3 point plays in the game
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whateverittakes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm

roundem6 wrote:pitbull i will not disagree with that but when norths players made a move anywhere inside that lane it always ended up bein a charge. which negated about 4 possible 3 point plays in the game

North this year by far no comparison
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bummy09 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:37 pm

roundem6 wrote:pitbull i will not disagree with that but when norths players made a move anywhere inside that lane it always ended up bein a charge. which negated about 4 possible 3 point plays in the game

Norths posts would try to pull a shaq move and try and pretty much plow into guys if the wahp players would have moved norths players would have fell on their butts... their may have been a couple not charges but most were legit.. and there were many times when north fouled and fouled but wahp got no calls. it was a badly reffed game but even both ways
Bummy09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pitbull1821 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 pm

whateverittakes wrote:

what are you talking about?
pitbull1821
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:45 pm

pitbull1821 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

This is suppose to be about the "loudest student section", not who pushes who around the court. Com'n guys lets stay focused.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby whateverittakes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:
pitbull1821 wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:

This is suppose to be about the "loudest student section", not who pushes who around the court. Com'n guys lets stay focused.

What do you mean what am I talking about
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 pm

you gotta consider Devils Lake's student section. they have a huge number of fans on the road compared to most of the other schools. its all season too not just EDC. and its like that in all the sports there.
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whateverittakes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:51 pm

PeopleRTalkin wrote:you gotta consider Devils Lake's student section. they have a huge number of fans on the road compared to most of the other schools. its all season too not just EDC. and its like that in all the sports there.

I was at all edc games except for the one right bow(waph and central) and devils lake was far and away the best but north also
Played shanley
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby some random person » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:23 am

clutch24 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:

I was there too. And the whole 15 or so Williston students that were there.. were louder.. It was very disappointing..

wow really i consider a student section 15 students wide 4 rows deep.. not twenty kids that all stand on one row
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bummy09 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:07 pm

bball4life5 wrote:whapeton has a terrible student section. they do the same lame chant the whole entire game. super annoying

Super annoying? really? isn't that the idea to annoy the other team so they start thinking of that instead of the game? Annoy the other team. Get their mind off the game. Hence a win for Wahpeton. Try Me
Bummy09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bummy09 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:Who comes up with these stupid topics? I mean does it really matter who has the loudest student section?
It's not like its going to affect the outcome of the game...is it?

Actually i believe it has a huge effect... when a team gets heckled they start thinking about other things... North Wahpeton game was a perfect example
Bummy09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trigger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Bummy09 wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:Who comes up with these stupid topics? I mean does it really matter who has the loudest student section?
It's not like its going to affect the outcome of the game...is it?

Actually i believe it has a huge effect... when a team gets heckled they start thinking about other things... North Wahpeton game was a perfect example

I am thinking if you are talking about the refs or the fans when in Wahp?
trigger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Don't read the posts if you don't like the topics.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby dewey11 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 am

After watching WDA today, St.Mary's is definetly the loudest, and the most annoying. I couldn't understand most of the chants, but they seemed creative (plus they were loud & annoying).
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:09 am

Devils Lake was great until the ref walked over there during a free throw and said something to them and then they were afraid to cheer. Seriously...why can't the crowd yell during a free throw. That is part of the game and you prove you are good player if you can block out the crowd and knock them down.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dewey11 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:36 am

I wish the refs in Bismarck would have done that. The student sections from Mandan and St.Mary's are so annoying that it's ridiculous. Loud is good, but being repetitive gets old. Also Jamestowns "we've got spirit how bout you" chant should be outlawed. The game is a competition of basketball, not the student sections.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby some random person » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:57 am

dewey11 wrote:I wish the refs in Bismarck would have done that. The student sections from Mandan and St.Mary's are so annoying that it's ridiculous. Loud is good, but being repetitive gets old. Also Jamestowns "we've got spirit how bout you" chant should be outlawed. The game is a competition of basketball, not the student sections.

it sounds like your student section always loses to this chant... maybe you guys should step up your school spirit and you won't have a problem with it.
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys