Biggest rivals in the state

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby truplaya » Mon May 29, 2006 9:14 pm

bhs mhs easy
truplaya

Postby ndplayer » Mon May 29, 2006 11:24 pm

i think bhs-chs is a bigger rivalry than bhs-mhs.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 30, 2006 5:28 am

BHS-CHS is probably the biggest.  BHS-SMCHS is probably second.  Or maybe BHS-Williston
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby truplaya » Tue May 30, 2006 8:20 am

no one likes st marys

truplaya

Postby truplaya » Tue May 30, 2006 8:21 am

they are the worst and the cockiest all in one
truplaya

Postby Ming01 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:22 am

thats cool
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbb » Tue May 30, 2006 8:26 am

Anyone in the East V.S. Fargo South.  Does Anyone like Fargo South?
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Tue May 30, 2006 8:41 am

North vs South
West Fargo vs South
Jamestown vs Valley City
GF Central vs Red River
Devils Lake vs Jamestown
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby truplaya » Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 am

everyone vs st marys
truplaya

Postby da bullz » Tue May 30, 2006 12:14 pm

It's got to be BHS vs CHS.  If anyone was at the two games this year. They were the most amazing atmospheres I have ever witnessed, with no spot in the entire place and the bands blaring, it was unbelievable.  No matter how good  or bad either team is it is always a good game. 
da bullz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby postalservice » Tue May 30, 2006 1:01 pm

north vs. south EASY.  especially a few years back they were both top teams in football and basketball.
postalservice

Postby Demons » Tue May 30, 2006 3:13 pm

In the West it would have to be BHS-CHS, with all the cross-town rival hype everybody is just jacked up the whole week. Thats what you play for is those types of games...In football when the Bismarck Community Bowl is packed and people are all along the hill on a friday night there isnt much better than that. Or in basketball now that they play the games in the high school gyms instead of the civic center...the players and the fans were nearly touching eachother and it was loud THE WHOLE GAME...thats where its at.

As far as around the state you would have to go with Bismarck High v.s. South...because they both tend to be power houses for there regions. And when they meet it is usually a very good game. I think this rival is becoming very big becuase through the years it seems they always end up seeing eachother around the semi finals or finals. They have grown to have a deep hatered for one another.
Demons
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Tue May 30, 2006 3:31 pm

Demons wrote:In the West it would have to be BHS-CHS, with all the cross-town rival hype everybody is just jacked up the whole week. Thats what you play for is those types of games...In football when the Bismarck Community Bowl is packed and people are all along the hill on a friday night there isnt much better than that. Or in basketball now that they play the games in the high school gyms instead of the civic center...the players and the fans were nearly touching eachother and it was loud THE WHOLE GAME...thats where its at.

As far as around the state you would have to go with Bismarck High v.s. South...because they both tend to be power houses for there regions. And when they meet it is usually a very good game. I think this rival is becoming very big becuase through the years it seems they always end up seeing eachother around the semi finals or finals. They have grown to have a deep hatered for one another.

There is no doubt in the west that it is bhs-chs, but about playing in the civic center - bhs can't play host in their gym next season.  we were called out on poor sportsmanship during the game and now we have to play at the civic center while century gets to play in their own gym.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Demons » Tue May 30, 2006 4:56 pm

There is no doubt in the west that it is bhs-chs, but about playing in the civic center - bhs can't play host in their gym next season.  we were called out on poor sportsmanship during the game and now we have to play at the civic center while century gets to play in their own gym.

Wow...I guess I didnt know that!! That not cool and really stuff me off! But whatever Century will need all the home court advantage they can get next year to stop BHS!
Demons
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:06 pm

Demons wrote:

I must say that that is some of the biggest bs I have ever heard of.  High school games are about your team winning, this isn't fifth grade YMCA ball.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jrh22 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:43 pm

demonfan74 wrote:

Thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.  If they do that to BHS is should be done for all high school teams.  That takes away from home court advantage.
jrh22
NDPreps Starter

Postby huskers » Wed May 31, 2006 8:03 pm

truplaya wrote:everyone vs st marys

How you can say this, it's hard to be a rival of a crappy team. I know a few St. Mary's b-ball players and they are not cocky as previously posted, it's hard for them to be cocky when they win 2 games a season, so i would like to know why you think everyone hates St. Mary's?
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:24 am

jrh22 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

Thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.  If they do that to BHS is should be done for all high school teams.  That takes away from home court advantage.

Well why should they take it away from the other fans when you were the :censored: harassing and saying stuff that took the privlage away it all goes back to you the fans hurting them in that case
Last edited by Ditka14 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:37 pm

truplaya wrote:they are the worst and the cockiest all in one

i believe mandan is the most cockiest but for rivalries i like

MANDAN VS VALLY CITY
MANDAN VS TURTLE MTN.

OR MANDAN VS STANDING ROCK POSSIABLY SHILO
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:03 pm

How would we be rivals wit ne of dem?  We dint even lose to dem.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

MANDAN VS VALLY CITY
MANDAN VS TURTLE MTN.

Coming from a non talented kid at all saying this stuff in a basketball post when if he would play basketball would not get a shoot off over a 5' 1'' guy because he is barley pushing 5' himself your no comp!
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:10 am

Ditka14 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

MANDAN VS VALLY CITY
MANDAN VS TURTLE MTN.

Coming from a non talented kid at all saying this stuff in a basketball post when if he would play basketball would not get a shoot off over a 5' 1'' guy because he is barley pushing 5' himself your no comp!

your a funny guy but were not talking about why i dont play basketball we are talking about how good mandan is and how they rival the best teams in the state and i could make those shots the reason i dont is because if you play basketball your about as straight as a circle
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:42 pm

Are you trying to say that basketball players are gay?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:27 pm

Regardless of what it means:

Don't make references regarding sexual orientation here please, the members I've talked to say keep it off, and I agree.  Thank you.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:19 pm

cdub1 and saucesauer both just keep your mouths shut unless it is something good about a topic otherwise just stop with the BS, it gets old.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys