Mandan Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Spiritof76 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:03 am

I don't really have time to practice. I don't play ball anymore.....too old for that. But in my day (pre-internet) we would spend these nice mornings out taking jumpers and playing pick-up games before it got hot....then we would hit the Nintendo for a couple hours catch a nap and then hit the outdoor courts again in the evening when its cool......I don't suspect you kids from Mandan like to play outdoors....."too hot"...."too windy"......all those excuses....all the way to another bottom WDA finish.....BTW I am sure Coach Miller is real proud of his players running their mouths again.....
Spiritof76
NDPreps Reserve

Postby threeball » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:55 am

Alright, just because us mandan kids have time to check our emails and write a little on nd preps doesnt mean a thing about if were out shootin jumpers in the morning or at night. I dont understand how talking on nd preps is worse than [user=710]Spiritof76[/user][user=710]
[/user] playing nintendo. Also, if we think its "too hot" or "too windy" we can drive 5 minutes to the gym. Until you can actually watch us and see were not outside shooting you shouldnt be saying thats what we do.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:18 am

Just let them say what they want.  When things get down to it we will see if their talk pays off for them or not.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:06 pm

Spiritof76 wrote:I don't really have time to practice. I don't play ball anymore.....too old for that. But in my day (pre-internet) we would spend these nice mornings out taking jumpers and playing pick-up games before it got hot....then we would hit the Nintendo for a couple hours catch a nap and then hit the outdoor courts again in the evening when its cool......I don't suspect you kids from Mandan like to play outdoors....."too hot"...."too windy"......all those excuses....all the way to another bottom WDA finish.....BTW I am sure Coach Miller is real proud of his players running their mouths again.....

Number 1 we arnt at the bottom of the WDA.  Number 2 I spend my morning walking to the gym 15 minutes from my house.  Then I can shoot for as long as I want, also  I play pickup games with good players, not just a couple kids from the neighborhood like you prolly did.  Nobody on this site makes excuses and only one person on here runs their mouth if you think Josh saying he is the best dunker is running his mouth because it is prolly true.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller3 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:07 pm

[user=710]Spiritof76[/user] again who are all these kids running thier mouth.  And what you suspect about us thinking "its to hot" "its to windy to play basketball outside is incredibly stupid.  With all the time u spent playing basketball as you say you must have had an incredible career.  What team did you play for and can you tell me when Mandan is at the bottom of the WDA cause I am very sure that is Saint Marys.  Also since the internet started we have also had community centers which u might not have had back then.
baller3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kel20Nd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:20 pm

Spiritof76 wrote:I don't really have time to practice. I don't play ball anymore.....too old for that. But in my day (pre-internet) we would spend these nice mornings out taking jumpers and playing pick-up games before it got hot....then we would hit the Nintendo for a couple hours catch a nap and then hit the outdoor courts again in the evening when its cool......I don't suspect you kids from Mandan like to play outdoors....."too hot"...."too windy"......all those excuses....all the way to another bottom WDA finish.....BTW I am sure Coach Miller is real proud of his players running their mouths again.....
thats y mandan is at the bottom of the wda cuz they arent taking there jump shots outside thats interesting :?
kel20Nd

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Well if you used to play ball all the time you must have had a reality check and realized that you were no good and laced up the sneeks and hung them up in the attic somewhere
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:56 am

Ya'll can stop bashing the guy.  I used to walk to school up hill (both ways) in the driving snow, rain, wind.  Played BB on a cemet slab in those same weather conditions.  Did it make me a great player? NOPE.  Was I a better player because of the practice time? YEP 

I would suggest that athletes take advantage of whatever resources they have available to them.  Weight rooms, acceleration programs, open gyms, camps etc...

This board would not be considered an advantage.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby CrossFire » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:53 pm

Wow i have heard this before! I used to walk to school every day and its 4 miles up hill both ways wow come on. Yes practice makes you a better player but being on this board isnt making us worse!

wow people talk on here every night before they go to bed wow that really is gonna hurt there skill of the game!  All i have to say is you and spirt are both wrong even though i dont agree with mandan coming on and talking about them selfs like this but i do agree with them on how wrong you and spirt are.
CrossFire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:34 pm

I never said coming on here was wrong stupid anything of that nature.  I stated that athletes should take advantage of the things out there. 

Previous post is initially meant to be sarcastic.  Sorry I didn't indict that.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby #50mandan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm

hey lets start talkin about somethin else besides mandan its seriously gettin old people
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:48 pm

You should look for this monstrous sophomore Domingo DelValle from Mandan.  He pulled down about 20 boards a game for their freshman team.  The amazing thing about his rebounding numbers is that he is only about 5'8''.  He is a gym rat though and lifts and shoots everyday.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller3 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:51 pm

Mingo is a really good rebounder but he has raw offensive skills that I think he should work on more.
baller3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CrossFire » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:55 pm

Dude last time i watched that beast he was a freakin denis rodmen but his offense isnt great but he can work on that! Im loving the hustle tho!
CrossFire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shred20 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:40 am

My memory isnt too good but did Josh Mauer even start for Mandan last year?  I remmeber him playing in quite a few JV games...Just because someone can jump doenst really make them a fantastic baseball player.  You still gotta get to the rim before you can dunk it, and he isnt the quickest with the ball.
shred20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby threeball » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:18 pm

shred20 wrote:My memory isnt too good but did Josh Mauer even start for Mandan last year?  I remmeber him playing in quite a few JV games...Just because someone can jump doenst really make them a fantastic baseball player.  You still gotta get to the rim before you can dunk it, and he isnt the quickest with the ball.

Baseball?
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:06 pm

He only started some of their games.  He would have played more but he broke his hand or wrist playing at Minot when he landed.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby purplaya40 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:25 pm

Ya all these people out here hating on mandan basketball i just want to state a couple of points. Number one u talk big on how Wilhelm, Kick and all the other studs from other schools are not on here talkin about there teams....well i dont see belovahek, hoff, riedinger, Josh maurer, or morrell the potential starting players on here talking about it....its all the sophomores and freshman that have nothing else to do. And my next point is....watch out for the Mandan Basketball team they are going to be under the Radar and very good offense coming from belovahek, hoff and morrell and riedinger and they are going to be good defensively i believe they are going to be in the top 3 in the WDA
purplaya40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ballplayer15 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:11 pm

defense is something mandan lacks especially in clutch situations they need to learn to close out games its actually kinda sad some of the loses especially beulah early in the season there team loses 4 starts though not much expierence on the team really could cause problems
ballplayer15

Postby Notorious » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:11 am

It's football team proved people wrong with some nice improvement.  Maybe there is enough talent to field a solid BB team....time will tell.  I do think it is a bit premature to make some of the statements previously made on this topic.

Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby purplaya40 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:08 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:defense is something mandan lacks especially in clutch situations they need to learn to close out games its actually kinda sad some of the loses especially beulah early in the season there team loses 4 starts though not much expierence on the team really could cause problems

ya but there 4 starters from last year didnt start the previous year either so i dont see anything wrong wit that....the only thing wrong is that there coach miller just likes to play seniors he doesnt give the underclassmen that are good a chance to play...like last year i believe a couple starters this year could of started last year for them...over dewey russell and coyle i know coyle didnt start but he played cuz he was a senior
purplaya40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ballplayer15 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:16 pm

there was no underclass men that should of started last year if so you name them
ballplayer15

Postby cdub1 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:18 pm

thenextbigthing wrote:there was no underclass men that should of started last year if so you name them

hoff should have started over achtenberg

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby oldtymer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:14 pm

Theres no effort in Mandan basketball.. Mauer could easily be the best player in the state but he just lets things get to him to easily and i see laziness in him as well
oldtymer

Postby ballplayer15 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:12 pm

respectable
ballplayer15

PreviousNext

Return to Boys