Mr Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby truplaya » Sun May 21, 2006 3:50 pm

who will be mr basketball next year 5 players from the west have a chance east is lacking talent class b lacking also
truplaya

Postby Ming01 » Sun May 21, 2006 4:01 pm

Early canidates should be Kick, Wilhelm, Qvale, Houle, Behlalavek, from the west.  The only player that sticks out in my mind from the east is Kramer from Wahpeton.  Packineaus maybe from Parshall, Jacob Wheeling, idk who else from Class B.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun May 21, 2006 4:04 pm

Class B in the east I would have to say Luke Lorenz from MPCG.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby truplaya » Sun May 21, 2006 4:04 pm

preseason canidates

1 kick
2 wilhelm
3Quvale(gunna have a break out year)
4Belovick
5Wheeling
truplaya

Postby Demons » Mon May 22, 2006 4:45 am

You can not even compare Class A to Class B. It is a totally different game...So I would go with the trio from the west:
 [suB][suP]Wilhelm, Kick, Quale[/suP][/suB]
Demons
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndplayer » Mon May 22, 2006 2:21 pm

Demons wrote:You can not even compare Class A to Class B. It is a totally different game...So I would go with the trio from the west:

Well too bad, you have to compare them.  This is Mr. basketball, class B is eligible.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby jrh22 » Mon May 22, 2006 3:44 pm

Demons wrote:You can not even compare Class A to Class B. It is a totally different game...So I would go with the trio from the west:

I agree.  If Class B had a shot clock maybe it would be more legit.  I see Wilhelm and Kick really standing out.  Unless Quale has a breakthrough year and his coaches take advantage of his height i dont see him winning it.
Last edited by jrh22 on Mon May 22, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrh22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Demons » Mon May 22, 2006 5:25 pm

ndplayer wrote:

Well too bad, you have to compare them.  This is Mr. basketball, class B is eligible.

Ok well you HAVE to compare them but they still dont play at the same level Class A teams do. In Class A, a player is almost ALWAYS going up against very talented opponents...where in Class B...first off NO SHOT CLOCK = Very slow and boring game...and second they have MANY(not all) horrible players that could not play on a class A soph./JV team. Thats all Im sayin.
Demons
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Mon May 22, 2006 5:34 pm

[user=199]Demons[/user] wrote:
ndplayer wrote:

Ok well you HAVE to compare them but they still dont play at the same level Class A teams do. In Class A, a player is almost ALWAYS going up against very talented opponents...where in Class B...first off NO SHOT CLOCK = Very slow and boring game...and second they have MANY(not all) horrible players that could not play on a class A soph./JV team. Thats all Im sayin.

Mr. Basketball is given to the best basketball player in the state whether it be class A, B, C, D, E, F or G. Not because what division they play in.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Going on what you just said it would be harder for a player in class B to score alot because of the "slow" gameplay.  If this were true other teams could stall and keep the score low but that doesnt seem to happen.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby truplaya » Tue May 23, 2006 8:15 am

tate kick pretty much has it locked in my mind averaging 30 plus in wda last year
truplaya

Postby paperboy » Wed May 24, 2006 4:27 pm

truplaya wrote:tate kick pretty much has it locked in my mind averaging 30 plus in wda last year
Whaaaat?  30 plus?  No way.
paperboy

Postby threeball » Wed May 24, 2006 8:34 pm

[align=left]I'm gonna have to go with Kick for mr basketball.  Oh and paperboy im pretty sure he averaged about 30 a game in wda.[/align]
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:34 am

He had more than 90 points in 3 games and i think he led the state in scoring avg. for class A i think im not sure and this was as jr, a close 2nd was mertens and he won mr. basketball, so he has it locked up in my mind also
da_man 23

Postby postalservice » Thu May 25, 2006 6:21 am

threeball wrote:[align=left]I'm gonna have to go with Kick for mr basketball.  Oh and paperboy im pretty sure he averaged about 30 a game in wda.[/align]

there's a difference between the wda and the wda tournament.  he did not average 30 a game in the regular season.  no way.
postalservice

Postby da_man 23 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:26 pm

SCC wrote:Kick averaged around 22 PPG for the entire season.

this says that he didn't avg. 30 a game, what's so hard to understand, he averaged over 30 a game in the wda tourney
da_man 23

Postby ndbb » Thu May 25, 2006 2:25 pm

5 Mr. Basketball Candidates: Wilhelm, Kick, Qvale, Kramer, Lorenz.  Houle? spare me the agony.

Last edited by ndbb on Thu May 25, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #50mandan » Thu May 25, 2006 5:05 pm

wilhelm, kick, quale, belohlavek
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby truplaya » Sat May 27, 2006 4:24 pm

kick has it unless bismark wins state wilhelm may be  a close second but regardless kick will be so good next year our team beat them everytime this year but he put up 35 and 36 so also i have a feeling quvale may be a close second

truplaya

Postby truplaya » Sat May 27, 2006 4:24 pm

i wouldnt be suprised if there are no class b players for mr basketball candites
truplaya

Postby ndbb » Mon May 29, 2006 1:43 pm

Luke Lorenz is soo impressive though.  Maybe not an amazing scorer but he is a defensive lock.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Mon May 29, 2006 9:07 pm

I'd love a Class B player to win Mr. Basketball especially Lorenz who is an amazing player.  I just hope that he isn't jobbed out the the award the way fellow Patriots Travis Kraft and Craig Nelson were in the past.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truplaya » Mon May 29, 2006 9:10 pm

class b has no chance

truplaya

Return to Boys