Travis Mertens

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby FargoHottie15 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 pm

mertens is good enough to play anywhere in North Dakota for sure. I think he could play at NDSU as a 2, 3 or maybe even 4 if he keeps on developing. However, I heard he's not the smartest guy in the world, so that could limit some of his college offers...
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Mon May 08, 2006 6:39 pm

just on the news he has signed with LRSC
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #50mandan » Mon May 08, 2006 6:41 pm

wat college is lrsc and where is it at?
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Mon May 08, 2006 6:43 pm

Lake Region State College in Devils Lake
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon May 08, 2006 6:52 pm

Congrats to Mr. Mertens, I think this will be a good move for him. Best of luck to him in the future.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby WildWarrior » Mon May 08, 2006 6:53 pm

ndfan wrote:Congrats to Mr. Mertens, I think this will be a good move for him. Best of luck to him in the future.

I agree the trend tends to be shifting towards the recruitment of JUCO players.  I think Travis can do nothing but improve himself with 1 or 2 years at LRSC.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon May 08, 2006 8:52 pm

Be interesting to see what kind of recruiting Graupe does. He tends too lean a little too much on the international side of things. They are great players, but ND and the tri-state area tend to play well together and attract a lot better crowd.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Tue May 09, 2006 1:22 am

Lake Region turns out some great BB players. Two girls just went D1 from LRSC
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby WildWarrior » Tue May 09, 2006 6:52 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Be interesting to see what kind of recruiting Graupe does. He tends too lean a little too much on the international side of things. They are great players, but ND and the tri-state area tend to play well together and attract a lot better crowd.

Very well said.  I have noticed improved community support for the Royals mens team this past season with a little more of a local flavor to it and I can't help but think that Travis and Alex will increase that support immensly.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue May 09, 2006 7:07 am

Justin Thomas from Devils Lake, Ryan Swallow from GF and Jay Anderson from Leeds should also be returning. They also got some really good international players from last year. All depending on if everyone returns.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby hollywoodstar » Tue May 09, 2006 6:16 pm

Last edited by hollywoodstar on Fri May 12, 2006 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hollywoodstar
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Tue May 09, 2006 6:25 pm

[user=667]hollywoodstar[/user] wrote:
Well Graupe is just about out of excuses for not winning if he doesn't get it done next year. He is a D1 juco and has finished in dead last in the Mon-Dak Conference 2 out of the last 3 years and they have some D2 jucos in that conference. I don't believe they will ever be able to compete with the other ND D1 jucos (Williston or Science) while Graupe is there, but they should be competitive. They have a really good PG returning in Marlo Davis if he comes back. Graupe will win some games though because he always schedules some caniadian teams and jv teams. Let's hope he can do better in the conference and for once in his career host a playoff game.

Congrats on LR getting Travis he is a good ball player and should develop into a nice player, I just hope he can win some games with that team in his two years there as D1 don't nearly recruit you as hard if you not on a winning team.

Speaking of Graupe I saw he applied for the UND job. Does he have any shot at it??
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed May 10, 2006 6:50 am

http://eteamz.active.com/royalsmensbb/index.cfm?

There is LRSC's mens bball website if anyone is interested.

I dont think Graupe has a shot at UND's head coaching position. No way.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys