ND basketball Vs. U.S. basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Chewy8 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:40 am

How does ND basketball compare to the ball played in Minnesota, South Dakota, and other surrounding states. Is the competion as good.
Chewy8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theefollman » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:19 am

Well what i saw this year was Minnesota had pretty terrible basketball compared to other years when East Grand Forks had pretty good teams. Down in the cities they have great basketball teams but near North Dakota they didnt have very good stuff. I believe Devils Lake played 4 teams from there and literally blew each opponent out of the water. They had there Jv in the game in the 3rd quarter and they made the large margin even larger. I dont think many ND teams would contend with teams from in the cities though. Some of those teams are so good that they would give the same shilackin as DL did to those teams near the border. Another reason for Minnesota teams lacking basketball talent is it is a pretty huge hockey state too.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:35 am

Minot did beat DelaSalle.  Minnesota's AA state champ.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 am

Ming01 wrote:Minot did beat DelaSalle.  Minnesota's AA state champ.

DeLaSalle was the Minnesota AAA champs which is the next to the top division in Minnesota.

DeLaSalle also beat Dudley High out of North Carolina which won the NC AAA state championship who also has a kid going to UNC.

Basically Minot beat the MN AAA state champs who beat the NC AAA state champs and Minot wasn't even that great of a team compared to North Dakota basketball of the past 10 years.

So maybe the upper teams in ND class A can run with some of the other states.
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Return to Boys