Who are the best dunkers in class A?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 3sport » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:01 pm

belohlavek dunked over a kid in jamestown
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:50 pm

they should have a dunking contest before the lions all star game or something so we could settle this all!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:53 pm

sqeak63 wrote:they should have a dunking contest before the lions all star game or something so we could settle this all!

agreed

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:56 pm

lol it would probably make the attendence go up to ! i know i would go
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby G-town Hoyas » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Maurer can really get up i heard his vert is around 38 inches
go hoyas
G-town Hoyas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDdominator » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:33 pm

[user=1423]bcourtbraves[/user] wrote:
In north dakota there are no real legit dunkers with exception of qvale with 2 or 3 a game.  In bigger states just about every team has kids that can dunk the ball without having to have a fastbreak or a special play ran for them.  As far as fastbreak dunkers I would have to say Kick, Qvale, Knife, and Mauer each can raise up and throw it down.

yea but thats the only time you'll see mauer in the same conversation w/ thoe players he isn't quite the player kick, qvale, belohavek, or knife are he is really athletic but thats all he really has going for him
NDdominator

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:08 am

NDdominator wrote:[user=1423]bcourtbraves[/user] wrote:
In north dakota there are no real legit dunkers with exception of qvale with 2 or 3 a game.? In bigger states just about every team has kids that can dunk the ball without having to have a?fastbreak or a special play ran for them.? As far as fastbreak dunkers I would have to say Kick, Qvale, Knife, and Mauer each can raise up and throw it down.

yea but thats the only time you'll see mauer in the same conversation w/ thoe players he isn't quite the player kick, qvale, belohavek, or knife are he is really athletic but thats all he really has going for him

You make it sound like he is bad. He plays a role on the team where he doesn't shoot. He gets assists gets boards and guards the other team's best player.
Last edited by balla45 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:43 am

[user=1579]balla45[/user] wrote:
In north dakota there are no real legit dunkers with exception of qvale with 2 or 3 a game.? In bigger states just about every team has kids that can dunk the ball without having to have a?fastbreak or a special play ran for them.? As far as fastbreak dunkers I would have to say Kick, Qvale, Knife, and Mauer each can raise up and throw it down.

you make it sound like he is bad he plays a role on the team where he doesnt shoot he gets assists and gets boards and guards the other team's best player

Never said hes bad nothing wrong w/ being a role player in my opinion even next year(I'm assuming hes a jr.) he won't be a top 10 player for sure a top 3 dunker
NDdominator

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:51 pm

sqeak63 wrote:they should have a dunking contest before the lions all star game or something so we could settle this all!

who would be in it. . .and how would they decide who gets to be in it
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:

have all the seniors who have dunked in it that would narrow it down alot

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikes_fan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:38 pm

NDdominator wrote:[user=1579]balla45[/user] wrote:

you make it sound like he is bad he plays?a role on the team where he doesnt shoot he gets assists and gets boards and guards the other team's best player

Never said hes bad nothing wrong w/ being a role player in my opinion even next year(I'm assuming hes a jr.) he won't be a top 10 player for sure a top 3 dunker

maurer is a senior this year
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:23 pm

i dont believe he can but he may be able to. I saw him have a couple of breaks that he just went layups.  never saw him attempt one though.

i may be wrong, and if i am im sure ill be bashed, but imo i dont think he can
Last edited by klg_11 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klg_11

Postby G-town Hoyas » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:30 pm

creme de la creme wrote:does anyone know if elgie can jam it down?  and what's this i hear that  *** reived a minor?

Are you sure*** got a minor?
Last edited by G-town Hoyas on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
go hoyas
G-town Hoyas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby creme de la creme » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:32 pm

not positive, but i did hear a rumor i was just wondering if there was any truth to it
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 pm

the site isn't a place to discuss minors
rep

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:16 am

creme de la creme wrote:does anyone know if elgie can jam it down?  and what's this i hear that tyson schatz received a minor?

Schatz is done for the rest of the year.
da_man 23

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:

have all the seniors who have dunked in it that would narrow it down alot

which seniors have dunks this year. . .Qvale obviously
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3sport » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:48 pm

knife belohlavek maur...
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:48 pm

kick  had a monster dunk agains't bismarck
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby coyotefan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:54 pm

can't forget about qvale's sweet dunk against bismarck high; when he got the ball at the 3 point line made a quick move and jumped halfways over a bismarck defender and slammed er down one-handed and also was fouled for the 3 point play.
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:26 am

Caitlin Solum 5'8 but man he dunks like no other 360 thunderdunk
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:58 am

Claz B Fan wrote:Caitlin Solum 5'8 but man he dunks like no other 360 thunderdunk

if you don't know what you are talking about then don't post
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OkGo12 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:07 am

i know Belohlavek, Maurer, and Knife can get up, but can they do stuff that is amazing and not just a dunk. would they be good candidates for a Slam-Dunk contest like dunks that'll get the crowd OOO'n and AWWW'n hahaha
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 am

maurer can do a windmill

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:42 pm

If the lions game a dunk contest maurer would probably be the best dunker butis most likely even an all-region pick would they pick outside of the lions because there has to be some other guys able to dunk but not quite on the talent level of a lions all-star
NDdominator

PreviousNext

Return to Boys