Class A All-State

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:28 pm

The North Dakota class A All-State team came out today. 

First Team

Mertens, Erdman, Kick, Wilhelm, Deuscher

Second Team

Fraase, Savageu, Landry, Kramer, Qvale

Good team?  comments?
Bob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:47 pm

Yeah, I have a comment.

CONGRATS to Merty on an absolutely WONDERFUL year!!
big_tyme_hockey

Postby paperboy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:10 pm

I agree with the first team, but I don't think that Quale had a good enough year to make it to the second team.  I also question Landry...I saw him several times this year and I really think he was better last year, at least he played with some heart then.  This year he was just going thru the motions.
paperboy

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:03 am

I also have to agree with paperboy, Qvale didn't have a good enough year in order to make second team all state, his reputation might have had something to do with that, but the first team would be a team to be reckoned with.
da_man 23

Postby Y-not Daily » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:00 pm

Agree w/ both you about Qvale. Nothing against him, I think he's a great kid, but didn't have an all-state season. Schultz was a better basketball player for Central than Landry, IMO. You could have made a case for Elgie as a second teamer. He had some great games, but was a little inconsistent as most sophomores are. Still, he played well when it counted (West Region tourney and state).

Y-not Daily

Postby Saas25 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:27 pm

How does Quale get All-State when his numbers aren't comparable to say someone like Jared Seifert from Beulah?  Also look again at the first team it is made up of 2 juniors who will battle it out next year.  Jordan Wilhelm is a frickin stud and can beat you from bout anywhere.  Him and Tate Kick are almost exactly alike but I would give Jordan Wilhelm nominations for Mr. Basketball for next year.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedWings7 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:32 am

yo solemsaas, i know century didnt have the greatest record, but how does michelsen not make all state.. he averaged 15.8 points and 5 rebs per game. he was dominant and shouldve been all state over quale and landry for sure and where was alex lundon from devils lake on that list, he had a great year for the firebirds with about 15 ppg as well even though they came up short at edc...and kick is better than wilhelm, although wilhelm is a stud...BRIAN QUALE=MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE USA
RedWings7

Postby ndbb » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:44 am

I don't know about Douscherer being first team.  He did have the numbers, but watching him play, he is quite blah and wouldn't have been nearly as good if he didn't have a zac elgie and a blake wurgler around him.  He got most his points off wide open lay-ups, but scoring is scoring.  He is a good rebound I will give him that, but when I look at the second team and see a jake landry who carried his team all season, or a jon kramer who had no one to play with either, it is hard for me to give shane the first team, no doubt he is a second teamer though.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:02 pm

ndbb wrote:I don't know about Douscherer being first team.  He did have the numbers, but watching him play, he is quite blah and wouldn't have been nearly as good if he didn't have a zac elgie and a blake wurgler around him.  He got most his points off wide open lay-ups, but scoring is scoring.  He is a good rebound I will give him that, but when I look at the second team and see a jake landry who carried his team all season, or a jon kramer who had no one to play with either, it is hard for me to give shane the first team, no doubt he is a second teamer though.

Duchsherer was the best defensive player in the West IMO. Averaged two steals and two blocks a game and was the best rebounder in the West. He was very versatile on defense and was an excellent on-ball defender.

His offensive numbers aren't eye-popping, he only averaged about 15 points per game, but he did a lot for that team.

As well as Elgie played late in the season, he was very inconsistent early on. Wurgler, conversely, played well early and not so well the last month of the season.

As far as Landry goes, I thought Schultz was the best player on that team when I saw them. No doubt Kramer is a solid player, but Duchsherer was the best player on a 22-3 team. I think being on a good team gives him the edge.
Y-not Daily

Postby iluvbball » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:57 pm

I agree with the comment about Michelson. He is a more consistent payer than Quale.  I think Quale is sooooo overated and loved by the media and referees alike.  It's ridiculous.  For 6'11 he should be accomplishing more.  Period.
Last edited by iluvbball on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:07 am

R U KIDDING ME???-Whilhelm better than KICK......kick led the class A  in ppg as a junior, everytime biz played dix, kick shut whilhelm down......just check the stats DEMONS

da_man 23

Postby iluvbball » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:28 am

Ok, da-man, I did what you asked and checked the stats.

On January 5, 2006   Bismarck vs. Dickinson- Wilhelm had 16 points.

On February 7, 2006 Bismarck vs Dickinson- Wilhelm had 22 points.

Maybe you should do your homework before you comment!!!
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:40 am

Forgot about the Holdiday tourney there buddy, 16 and 22 but you never told us what KICK had..........how come.......maybe becuase it was higher..............maybe you should check those stats again...........include rebounds this time
da_man 23

Postby iluvbball » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:06 am

The reason that I listed Wilhelm's ppg in the 2 regular season games is because you said that when Dix played Bis that Kick shut Wilhelm down which is not true and I was giving ppg to show that.  Rebounds were not mentioned in your original comment.  You challenged anyone to prove otherwise and I did.  Period.

Kick and Wilhelm are both good athletes and accomplished basketball players.  Just because a "Demon" fan sees Wilhelm as his or her favorite and you clearly see Kick as your favorite does not make either opinion right or wrong. 

Both kids have bright futures ahead of them and I am fans of both players-just for the record.

I have no room in my discussion for such nonsense.

Have a great day!
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:15 am

i luv bball-chill man just having a friendly discussion, but u still haven't shown what kick's points during those games were, so no you didn't answer my question and obviously you don't want to so we will jsut leave it at that.
da_man 23

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 am

iluvbball check out the last post on all staters for next season topic

da_man 23

Postby iluvbball » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:37 am

Wow, you don't get it.  Your first message said that EVERY time Dix played Bis that "Kick shut down Wilhelm"

That is what I was addressing.  That statement is not true and I gave you the proof.  If "Kick shut down Wilhelm" then how did he score 16 and 22 ppg?

And by the way, Kick scoring in the 2 reg season games I mentioned was 20 and 22.

I guess neither player was "shut down"
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluvbball » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:05 am

In response that I check out the last entry of next season's all-staters:

It is an accurate entry, since statistically Kick is a little ahead of Wilhelm in his ppg average and rebounding average.
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:21 am

Like you said iluvbball-they are both great players and both excel very well in basketball, but now its up to them to lead their team, and whoever does that will more than likely have a chance at a state title because it will be between bismarck and dickinson for the number one spot in wda if not state, I mean we can argue about individual stats forever, but does that really matter if your team doesn't make it to state or win state?
Last edited by da_man 23 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby iluvbball » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:25 am

I agree.  It's best to focus on the participants and how great they all get along.  If it were only up to the kids, there would be none of the controversy.  They just want to play, compete, and have fun. 

It's all good and when it comes right down to it, we (as fans) all want the same thing. 

Next year will be a blast.
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:41 am

Well said, that's what its all about, too bad we have to wait one full year to watch some of these kids' play again.
da_man 23

Postby RedWings7 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:08 pm

kick shattered the wda tourney scoring record and is better than willy, he had 88 in 3 games...which is frickin amazing..the previous record was 77...by the way, wilhelm wouldve broken it too beucase he had 78
RedWings7

Postby truplaya » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Qvale is easily the most overrated player in the country Hes even ranked in the top 500!!!
truplaya

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:09 am

So the people who vote on ALL-STATERS are just a bunch of bone heads. they dont know what the are doing and dont know who is good????? I think everyone who made it deserved to make it and people wish that the kid from their town made it instead of someone else. live with it!

Congtratulations to all those who made it!
Last edited by klg_11 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
klg_11

Return to Boys