Class A Commitments

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby RedWings7 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:53 am

Has anybody heard on where these guys are going to college? I am interested to see where they go...

Travis Mertens, DL

Eric Erdmann, North

Billy Michelsen and John Fraase,Century

Jared Siefert and John Peabody, Beulah

Shane Duscherer, Minot

Danny Sandvig, South
RedWings7

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:08 am

Mertens is deciding between Mayville St. UND, and Augustana I believe.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby WildWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:34 am

I also hear Mertens may spend a year at Lake Region State too
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:45 am

Michelson is looking at Potentially JC and VCSU.  Also, Fraase has been looked at by Minot St.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:25 pm

I have heard that U of Mary is pretty hot after Erdmann. Sounds like a good match. His dad Tom was a stud at Bishop Ryan in the 70s, averaged 30 a game as a senior.
I think many teams are after Mertens. Not sure about Duchsherer. He is one of those guys that teams would be drooling over if he was 6-foot-6, but at 6-4, he may not be recruited much. I still think he's a dang good player, defensively especially.
Y-not Daily

Postby TNT » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:23 am

Shane Duscherer, Minot does not have a offer from any college from what i heard. 
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedWings7 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:37 pm

i heard erdmann was visiting umary this weekend while in bismarck for his mr bball nominee
RedWings7

Postby ndsioux » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:07 pm

I might be wrong, but i heard Michelsen doesn't want to play in college?
ndsioux

Postby RedWings7 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:25 am

i heard erdmann is deciding between crookston, mary, jamestown and walking on at ndsu..personally i think he would fit in best at umary...
RedWings7

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:46 am

I believe Alex Lundon signed with Lake Region.
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby RedWings7 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:37 pm

I read on the Jamestown College website that Billy Michelsen of Bismarck Century has committed to play at JC.
RedWings7

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:14 am

Mikkelsen will be a good fit for the Jimmies, he's got range like no other when he is on fire.  
da_man 23

Postby RedWings7 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:47 pm

Jerad Siefert is going to play football for Dickinson State
RedWings7

Postby ndbb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:52 pm

Erdmann visited JC this week.  Tom and Andy Bachmeier are both going to JC too. Nick Bata is headed to Mayville St. if anyone cares.  Florhaug is going to JC.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedWings7 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:37 pm

I just saw on the news tonight that Eric Erdmann has signed with UMary in Bismarck. Congrats to Eric, I think he will do well.
RedWings7

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:30 pm

Mary is a great school with a good bball program, he should fit in really well.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Savi22 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:37 am

Sounds like Sandvig and Erdmann are both going to Mary.
Savi22

Postby RedWings7 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:43 am

has sandvig signed? or is he close to signing or what?
RedWings7

Postby postalservice » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:44 am

sandvig committed earlier this week....
postalservice

Postby ndbb » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:15 pm

I honestly just do not understand why you would want to play basketball at a college when they aren't eligible for the playoffs, so virtually, you are just playing exhibition games. UMary isn't eligible for what, 4 years or so?  Whatever I guess.  Good Luck to them.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBHoopz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:20 pm

U-Mary, aside from switching divisions, is in a rebuilding stage in my opinion. Sandvig and Erdmann will be a good fit for that school although it will be hard to play for a school that can't reach playoffs right away. Last year U-Mary went 13-18 overall and 7-9 against former DAC opponents. With Sandvig and Erdmann, U-Mary is taking the right steps to rebuilding and becoming a stronger future team for the next division. I wish both of those two the best of luck. As far as the DAC goes, I haven't heard too much about recruits aside from JC, VCSU, and Mayville. JC has a bunch of ND kids coming in that will become good college athletes in time, although most of them are guards so it will be interesting to see what will happen. I know VCSU has signed only 3 recruits, with Kraft and 2 kids from MN....3 kids that look to have a lot of potential. And the only recruit from Mayville I've heard is Bata. And ndbb....I care that Bata is going to Mayville. He'll fit in well there for as athletic as he is, he'll need to develop as every incoming freshmen do, but I think he'll fit in well to the style of play Smith has going on at Mayville. On top of that, going to a program that just went 28-6, won the DAC championship, and made it to the quarter-finals at nationals is impressive. Good luck to all the recruits and future commitments, it's going to be fun seeing how well everyone does. 

BBHoopz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby postalservice » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 am

Mary will be playoff eligible sooner than that because it will either be Erdmann's jr. or sr. year I believe.  Does anyone know for sure?
postalservice

Postby RedWings7 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:14 pm

John Peabody has signed to play with Jamestown College. 
RedWings7

Postby paperboy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:46 pm

postalservice wrote:Mary will be playoff eligible sooner than that because it will either be Erdmann's jr. or sr. year I believe.  Does anyone know for sure?

I think that Mary won't be eligible for the playoffs for the next two years, and if Erdmann or Sandvig redshirt, they would be sophomores when they can compete in the playoffs.  But I'm not sure if either of them will be red shirting...
paperboy

Postby RedWings7 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Jamestown College Recruits Class of 2006

Tom Bachmeier
G
New Recruit
Bismarck, ND

Andy Bachmeier
G
New Recruit
Bismarck, ND

Eddy Delzer
G
New Recruit
Ashley, ND

Brandon DoBoer
F
New Recruit
Huron, SD

Tyler Fettig
F
New Recruit
Braddock, ND

Ross Florhaug
F
New Recruit
Pingree-Buchanan-Kensal

Jordan Kvale
G
New Recruit
Lemmon, SD

Zach Larson
G
New Recruit
Moorhead, MN Oak Grove HS

Billy Michelsen
G
New Recruit
Bismarck, ND Century HS

John Peabody
C
New Recruit
Beulah, ND

Kelly Roemich
G
New Recruit
Bottineau, ND

Cody Roland
G
New Recruit
Crosby, ND

so..jamestown has signed a team and a half just in this years class...why would all these talented kids sign, knowing that only 3 or so of them will ever end up playing on the varsity...give credit to the JC coaching staff, that is a great recruiting year and i doubt they are even done. Where does a private NAIA school get the $$ to sign 12 players????????????????????????????? (i know they dont get huge scholarhips, but they get a decent amount...)
Last edited by RedWings7 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedWings7

Next

Return to Boys