All State

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby squeak63 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:27 pm

I didn't hear the all of the second teamers but fist team is wilhelm kick JB qvale and elgie... personally i think mertnents deserved first team but i cant decide who he should have beat out.... go ahead debate on this one
Last edited by squeak63 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:34 pm

sqeak63 wrote:I didn't hear the all of the second teamers but fist team is wilhelm kick JB qvale and elgie... personally i think mertnents deserved first team but i cant decide who he should have beat out.... go ahead debate on this one

thats because there is no one he should beat out...Im not saying he's not good, he's very deserving off 1st team all-state, but those 5 just deserve it more
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbb » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:35 pm

i dont think 4 kids from the east shouldve made it.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:40 pm

2nd Team

Tanner Farkas, Jon Kramer, B.J. Mertens, Marcus Fridley, i don't remember the last guy...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:41 pm

who was 2nd team??
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:41 pm

More like All-West team
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:47 pm

Jordan May was the other second-teamer.

In most years, both Mertens and probably even Kramer would have been first-teamers. I think Mertens had an outstanding season and had great numbers, but after what the West did in the opening round at state, I think it's hard to argue with the five from the West.

Y-not Daily

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 pm

ndbb wrote:i dont think 4 kids from the east shouldve made it.

im guessing you think luke heck shouldve made it huh
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbb » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:58 am

or knife or martinez.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:23 am

ndbb wrote:or knife or martinez.

knife is understandable but i didnt think martinez did enough. luke heck had good stats but he played for one of the worst teams in the state and there really was no one else on the team. i agree with both 1st team and 2nd team except for maybe knife shouldve made it over farkas or fridley
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:24 am

ndbb wrote:or knife or martinez.

you think those guys should be on over the EDC player of the year, the leader in pts, rebounds, and assists, Farkas - the leader of the top team in the EDC????  The only one that I could give you is May, but everyone is so high on him after the state tourny last year.  I actually think that Mertens should have been first team over Elgie and may have been if DL would have made it out of the first round of state.  I am just baffled that you think those guys should have been on over who was chosen.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby No Fear » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:29 am

I can not believe that knife kid did not make the team, I think all of people that write in here would agree. You put knife on any other team he is a shoe in, Knife had to work for all his points on his team. Also knife did not have other players step up like the other teams did.
No Fear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:01 am

No Fear wrote:I can not believe that knife kid did not make the team, I think all of people that write in here would agree. You put knife on any other team he is a shoe in, Knife had to work for all his points on his team. Also knife did not have other players step up like the other teams did.

Agreed he was a one-man show most nights
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:10 am

Ditka14 wrote:
No Fear wrote:I can not believe that knife kid did not make the team, I think all of people that write in here would agree. You put knife on any other team he is a shoe in, Knife had to work for all his points on his team. Also knife did not have other players step up like the other teams did.

Agreed he was a one-man show most nights

There were 4 guys that averaged in double figures.  Knife with 16, Houle, Davis and Boswell all had between 12 and 13 points.  How that makes knife a one man show, I am just not sure??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby No Fear » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:27 am

1. Put him on another team he is in.

2. Look at other coaches, I am saying some coaches have more pull

3. Teams set up there d-fence for just him

4. Played out of position, playing against 6'6 players when he is 6'2

Bottom line kid should have made it, other fans from other schools would agree, kid played his heart out. Also if you are voting on basketball talent then "yes" he should have made it, because when you say a kid that ave. 13 points to 16 points then yes he should have been all-state.
No Fear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:14 am

No Fear wrote:1. Put him on another team he is in.

2. Look at other coaches, I am saying some coaches have more pull

3. Teams set up there d-fence for just him

4. Played out of position, playing against 6'6 players when he is 6'2

Bottom line kid should have made it, other fans from other schools would agree, kid played his heart out. Also if you are voting on basketball talent then "yes" he should have made it, because when you say a kid that ave. 13 points to 16 points then yes he should have been all-state.

first of all im a fan from another school and i dont agree. second when u say u have a kid 13 to 16 pts thats not a huge amount especially because u said when you SAY u have a kidd..... so its not exact number ur guessin 13 to 16pts. wow he should have been mr. basketball too.
Last edited by klg_11 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
klg_11

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 am

I thought the all-state team was as good as it could get. I thought the right choices were made. I would have loved to seen Knife or Luck Heck make it, or even Martinez, but there just wasn't enough spots.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:51 am

Wildcat wrote:I thought the all-state team was as good as it could get. I thought the right choices were made. I would have loved to seen Knife or Luck Heck make it, or even Martinez, but there just wasn't enough spots.

does anyone know who got honerable mention?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:55 am

sqeak63 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I thought the all-state team was as good as it could get. I thought the right choices were made. I would have loved to seen Knife or Luck Heck make it, or even Martinez, but there just wasn't enough spots.

they didn't do honorable mention
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:57 am

Baller wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

they didn't do honorable mention

do u know why they do it for football
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:01 am

not sure why they don't do honorable mention...it would be nice so more players could get mentioned....didn't they used to do a honorable mention??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:02 am

for all i knew the did
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:06 am

i dont understand why bj mertens is not on the first team. he was the edc leader in points, assists, and rebounds this year. can you find anyone in the wda who was even close to doing that. he got robbed. he was definatly worthy of being on the first team.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:00 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:i dont understand why bj mertens is not on the first team. he was the edc leader in points, assists, and rebounds this year. can you find anyone in the wda who was even close to doing that. he got robbed. he was definatly worthy of being on the first team.

I don't have one bad thing to say about B.J. Mertens, he's a heck of a player now and will be a heck of a college player. But I think when you look at the first round of the state tourney. Elgie had an absolute field day against DL and Minot held B.J. to next to nothing. I think that speaks volumes about the strength of the West compared to the East this season.
Y-not Daily

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:i dont understand why bj mertens is not on the first team. he was the edc leader in points, assists, and rebounds this year. can you find anyone in the wda who was even close to doing that. he got robbed. he was definatly worthy of being on the first team.

I don't have one bad thing to say about B.J. Mertens, he's a heck of a player now and will be a heck of a college player. But I think when you look at the first round of the state tourney. Elgie had an absolute field day against DL and Minot held B.J. to next to nothing. I think that speaks volumes about the strength of the West compared to the East this season.

Excellent post and I agree. You look at those five first teamers and four of them made it to the state semis. The other one led the state in scoring.

Mertens is a great player, but he fell victim to an amazing group of Class A basketball players, all of which played on great teams to support their cause as well. Devils Lake was good, but losing in the first round of state hurt. If Mertens has the kind of game Elgie did in the first round and DL holds Elgie to next to nothing, it might be different.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys