WDA 07-08

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:38 am

minot will put on a clinic in the west next year
ghetto*revival

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:54 am

Too bad you won't get to see it, living in Compton and everything
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:55 am

Wildcat wrote:Too bad you won't get to see it, living in Compton and everything

He doesn't live in Compton...that is where he is from.  He now lives in Fargo.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:22 pm

I was going on what his location says. It was a joke. If he's going to put down a location, he should put Fargo then.

Just a little humor.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 pm

Minot will be number 1 and then i think BHS will be pretty decent with Williston doing alright of some of the younger players step up and play to their potential, qvale and skadeland
klg_11

Postby member01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:55 pm

Last edited by member01 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
member01

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 pm

member01 wrote:Williston will be one of the top teams from the west because they have skad and qvale down low and they have delorme and braun coming back from this year who really stepped it up and made some clutch shots

i forgot they have Braun coming back, i was thinking he was a senior.
klg_11

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:18 pm

klg_11 wrote:
member01 wrote:Williston will be one of the top teams from the west because they have skad and qvale down low and they have delorme and braun coming back from this year who really stepped it up and made some clutch shots

i forgot they have Braun coming back, i was thinking he was a senior.

i was impressed with delorme but not at all with braun. he has realy poor ball handling skills for a point guard and made over 5 turnovers against bismarck in the semi's by either falling down or throwing it out of bounds. i believe the guy he played more than, cameron mcfarlin, would be a much better fit if the coyotes want to be successful. i agree williston will be a top team for the main reason of skadeland and qvale down low and delorme should help a lot on the outside. i dont expect braun to be that helpful to the team
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby member01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:28 pm

Last edited by member01 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
member01

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 pm

No sorry to say he is right, at Home also, he is not the best ball handler. When pressed he gets very sloppy.
klg_11

Postby sportsfan1989 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Number one will be Minot..then Williston...then Bismarck
sportsfan1989

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:22 pm

member01 wrote:that might have just been in the semis because when he played at home he had little problem handling the ball and he also was 2nd in the west for 3pt % with 48.3%, and if he needs alittle work with the ball handling im sure he will work it out over the offseason, my main point is besides qvale, skadeland,and delorme he is going to be one of the main assests to the team

not quite, he was 14/34 which is 41% but nice try and those states are without wda and state and his percentage only went down cause he didnt make any and missed at least 5, thats down to about 35% so where did u get that 48.3% in the first place? cameron mcfarlin is better than braun and should get the minutes instead of him anyway. no offense to braun, its just that he has slim to none athletic ability and doesnt have the speed or ball control to be a productive point guard
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 pm

What about Century? IMO, they have the best returning nucleus after Minot. BHS will be tough, as Luke Martinez could be the best player in the West Region next season. No offense to the Williston returners, but they'll have a lot tougher time getting things done without Brian Qvale. I don't think people realize how much easier he made it for his teammates.
Y-not Daily

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:What about Century? IMO, they have the best returning nucleus after Minot. BHS will be tough, as Luke Martinez could be the best player in the West Region next season. No offense to the Williston returners, but they'll have a lot tougher time getting things done without Brian Qvale. I don't think people realize how much easier he made it for his teammates.

i dont think martinez will be better than qvale elgie hornecker hoff govig just because i think he cant get much better at shooting 3's which is what he made his living off of this year maybe he will surprise me again though i hope he does

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:39 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:What about Century? IMO, they have the best returning nucleus after Minot. BHS will be tough, as Luke Martinez could be the best player in the West Region next season. No offense to the Williston returners, but they'll have a lot tougher time getting things done without Brian Qvale. I don't think people realize how much easier he made it for his teammates.

i dont think martinez will be better than qvale elgie hornecker hoff govig just because i think he cant get much better at shooting 3's which is what he made his living off of this year maybe he will surprise me again though i hope he does

He surprised me defensively this year. Plus, if you look at how much he improved from a sophomore to a junior, if he even improves half that much from a junior to senior, he'll be pretty tough. You're right though, he isn't as multidimensional as Elgie.
Y-not Daily

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:37 pm

Braun could throw up some 3's but he was not a good ballhandler
klg_11

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:41 am

Y-not Daily wrote:BHS will be tough, as Luke Martinez could be the best player in the West Region next season.

I don't know about that. Unless an injury happens, I don't see how anyone will unseat Elgie as the best in the West next year. Although, everyone does call him a baseball player and not a basketball player, so there could be speculation about it.

Cdub, don't you think Martinez will do more penetrating next season? That seems to be a big factor in separating the good players from the great players, especially at the Class A level.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:51 am

Wildcat wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:BHS will be tough, as Luke Martinez could be the best player in the West Region next season.

I don't know about that. Unless an injury happens, I don't see how anyone will unseat Elgie as the best in the West next year. Although, everyone does call him a baseball player and not a basketball player, so there could be speculation about it.

Cdub, don't you think Martinez will do more penetrating next season? That seems to be a big factor in separating the good players from the great players, especially at the Class A level.

i dont know if you guys watch many bhs games but martinez gets a lot of lay-ups from steals and a lot of offencive rebounds that he puts back... he is not as one dimentional as you think... granted he isn't a guy who can go in the post but i see martinez being way more of a slasher next year without wilhelm on his team and him needed to carry the load.... ad being a good slasher to his wide open lay ups put backs and 3's you have one of the top players in the state..... i am not sayin better then elgie but he will be one of the best
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:17 am

sqeak63 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

i dont know if you guys watch many bhs games but martinez gets a lot of lay-ups from steals and a lot of offencive rebounds that he puts back... he is not as one dimentional as you think... granted he isn't a guy who can go in the post but i see martinez being way more of a slasher next year without wilhelm on his team and him needed to carry the load.... ad being a good slasher to his wide open lay ups put backs and 3's you have one of the top players in the state..... i am not sayin better then elgie but he will be one of the best

i watched alot and i know wut u r sayin but wut he got good at wuz shooting from his sophomore to junior year and i dont think he can get much better at shooting because his percentages were so good but maybe he will do more pull ups and more stuff attacking the lane to get 250 free throw attempts and about 230 makes lol

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:14 pm

1. Minot

2. Bismarck
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:41 am

ndbasketballfan007 wrote:1. Minot

2. Bismarck

1. Minot

2. Century