Jordan May

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:49 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:Is he even going to be a Mr. Basketball candidate next year??? What were his stats from last year?

trust me a college coach doesnt look at a mr basketball candidate or stats they look at how you can fit into their program he can play d he can dribble with the best of them great passer hit the jumper sounds like everything a d1 point guard needs to do

Yea but what D-1 college is gonna recruit somebody from ND who isn't even considered a top player in the state???

looks like nc state is and he is considered a top player 2nd team all state would make him top 10
2nd team is far from D-1

IF big if lol he is getting recruited by nc state he is probably going to go d1 north dakota basketball doesnt mean much there are players here who get 18 a game that couldnt do that in another state and there are players here that could may could score and dribble and pass against better defenses that in north dakota he plays good against nationally bad player since you seem to think nd is so bad but may plays good put may in california or new york or minnesota or illinois and he is going for at least 12 5 and 5 which are d1 caliber numbers when you are coming from one of those areas

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:52 pm

also look at the numbers may is putting up without another all star player on his team now give him a 7 2 center like all the kids from chicago and la have and his dimes would skyrocket up to about 7 or 8

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:54 pm

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:Is he even going to be a Mr. Basketball candidate next year??? What were his stats from last year?

trust me a college coach doesnt look at a mr basketball candidate or stats they look at how you can fit into their program he can play d he can dribble with the best of them great passer hit the jumper sounds like everything a d1 point guard needs to do

Yea but what D-1 college is gonna recruit somebody from ND who isn't even considered a top player in the state???

looks like nc state is and he is considered a top player 2nd team all state would make him top 10
2nd team is far from D-1

IF big if lol he is getting recruited by nc state he is probably going to go d1 north dakota basketball doesnt mean much there are players here who get 18 a game that couldnt do that in another state and there are players here that could may could score and dribble and pass against better defenses that in north dakota he plays good against nationally bad player since you seem to think nd is so bad but may plays good put may in california or new york or minnesota or illinois and he is going for at least 12 5 and 5 which are d1 caliber numbers when you are coming from one of those areas
ummm what did u just say?? did u just say that if he played in cali or ny he would put up the same #'s??
da_man 23

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:00 pm

I'm not sayin the kid's not going D-1, i just have a hard time believing that when u look at the caliber of players this last year, and i know they played dif. positions, but only 1 went d-1. i guess i would just like sum proof on y everybody thinks hes going d-1?
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:13 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

2nd team is far from D-1

ummm what did u just say?? did u just say that if he played in cali or ny he would put up the same #'s??

i said he would put up 12 5 and 5 what did he get here 18 or 20 something like that

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm

I dont think may is good enough to play D-1 ball, but one thing you have to look at is the stats he put up with a very weak supporting cast.  Kick, Behlovok(sp), Wilhelm, and Qvale all had much better players surrounding them and drawing some attetion and pressure away from them.  May pretty much lead north by himself.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:56 pm

thank god C always has my back but for real hes good
ghetto*revival

Postby paperboy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:02 pm

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

2nd team is far from D-1

I'm having a tough time understanding this...maybe you could use some punctuation or capital letters, that would help.
paperboy

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:16 pm

paperboy wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

2nd team is far from D-1

I'm having a tough time understanding this...maybe you could use some punctuation or capital letters, that would help.

iight i will make it short may can do everything a d1 point guard needs to be able to do he puts up good numbers and he prolly could put up good numbers in a bigger state

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:43 pm

paperboy wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

2nd team is far from D-1

i was thinking the same thing...or maybe he could use the correct english language
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:58 pm

Ming01 wrote:
paperboy wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

2nd team is far from D-1

i was thinking the same thing...or maybe he could use the correct english language

Whats May doing to be getting looks from NC State. How does NC state even know who he is? Does he play in the summer at big tournaments? I just don't see a 2nd team all state player getting those kind of looks.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:04 pm

i would like to know more about this nc st. and may thing?  someone please fill me in...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ghetto*revival » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:03 am

ok here it goes. coach lowe(NC state) and john may(jordan's dad) grew up together in baltimore. they played together all the way till college when may's dad decided to go to jamestown. john and coach lowe still keep in touch and with the stellar year jordan had as a soph, lowe got interested. as a junior jordan pretty much carried his team in and out of everygame and if he was on a better team he would have been 1st team all state
ghetto*revival

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:33 am

ghetto*revival wrote:ok here it goes. coach lowe(NC state) and john may(jordan's dad) grew up together in baltimore. they played together all the way till college when may's dad decided to go to jamestown. john and coach lowe still keep in touch and with the stellar year jordan had as a soph, lowe got interested. as a junior jordan pretty much carried his team in and out of everygame and if he was on a better team he would have been 1st team all state

Whats the real chance of him going to NC State though? Come on im sure Lowe is looking more towards recruting on the east coast. I think its more or less just a dad having a good friend showing a little interest. I don't see him getting a scholarship to NC next year.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Kujava » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:28 am

Jordan May is a good player for ND--DI--I wouldn't say so. He doesn't even look like he is committed to getting himself into the best physical shape possible. He can penetrate with a good crossover, but his shooting needs a lot of work. Also, college coaches like to see effort exerted on the defensive end of the floor where May usually rests.
Kujava

Postby oldtymer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:53 pm

i used to play with may at the dike in fargo hes got skills but not D1 skills i give him credit for his work ethic but hes not going to be playin at nc state
oldtymer

Postby highrise » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:11 pm

just give the kid some credit, if he do'nt make it it wasn't not that he didn't work hard. good player 
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigBalla » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:07 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:for all the people talkin bout may not being a d-1 player hes being looked at by numerous d-1 schools right now nc state being one and many other schools like byu and creighton if jordan were to go to ndsu it would be a last second desicsion

Please!!  The day Jordan May gets looked at by Schools like NC state and Creighton...i don't kinow... that will definitely be the day! There is now way that a kid that is 6'' and not that fast or quick, with an average jump shot will go play at a high level like those schools. There are other kids out there that are faster, quicker, jump higher, and they are 6''4! 

That's rediculous!
BigBalla
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cdub1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:41 am

BigBalla wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:for all the people talkin bout may not being a d-1 player hes being looked at by numerous d-1 schools right now nc state being one and many other schools like byu and creighton if jordan were to go to ndsu it would be a last second desicsion

Please!!  The day Jordan May gets looked at by Schools like NC state and Creighton...i don't kinow... that will definitely be the day! There is now way that a kid that is 6'' and not that fast or quick, with an average jump shot will go play at a high level like those schools. There are other kids out there that are faster, quicker, jump higher, and they are 6''4! 

That's rediculous!

there are about 900 new kids going d1 every year so tell me 899 players who are all better than may

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highrise » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:02 pm

sound like a hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highrise » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:03 pm

be happy for a north dakota kid
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:08 pm

BigBalla wrote:

That's rediculous!

he might not look quick, but he actually really is, its just not his great crossover that gets him around defenders over and over again, its his quickness too. average jump shot? are you serious? have you ever seen him in a game? he is money from anywhere and his pull-up could possibly be the best in the state with ishmail. Most colleges point guards are around 6" so i don't know what your trying to say. I think May's knowledge for the game stands out the most, he always knows what to do with the ball and makes good decisions
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsathlete4 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:08 pm

May is a great player and will probably be the best player in north dakota next year, but i think he'll end up playing for either a really bad D1 school or else go D2. I'm sure NC state could find someone better.
sportsathlete4

Postby Strike3? » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:24 pm

sportsathlete4 wrote:May is a great player and will probably be the best player in north dakota next year, but i think he'll end up playing for either a really bad D1 school or else go D2. I'm sure NC state could find someone better.

Im gonna have to disagree and say Zac Elgie will be the best player next year. Maybe even Mertens I haven't seen him play but from what I hear about him and his stats he seems really good.
Last edited by Strike3? on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highrise » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:31 am

fyi   jordan may is at nc state top 50 camp, out of 70 player from around the nation he's one of the top 15 player.  
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys