Jordan May

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSU17 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:42 pm

where do you think he will go to college
NDSU17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:12 pm

NDSU maybe
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:28 am

sportsman20 wrote:NDSU maybe

If he goes will it be for a sport? Or will he just try out for bball..Hes pretty good
sportsfan1989

Postby digger » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:51 am

sportsfan1989 wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:NDSU maybe

If he goes will it be for a sport? Or will he just try out for bball..Hes pretty good

I've seen Jordan play numerous times since he was just a young fella, he's a very good guard, but unless he absolutely explodes over the next year, he's not a D-I player.  6' guards with average speed/quickness don't make it in D-I, and Jordan isn't a 3-point sharpshooter type.  Just does't have the athletic ability to defend at that level or to create against longer, stronger, quicker defenders.  With NDSU going to the Mid-Con, it will be the rare North Dakota kid who gets in the recruiting mix with the Bison.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Ticket » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 pm

I herd he was getting letters from NDSU since he was a sophmore.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby BuckyFootball08 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:17 pm

I'm almost 100% sure he's been getting letter since sophemore year. Jordan is a great player, anyone who doesnt say so is rediculous. Height can be a factor but there are many d-1 guards that are only 5-10-6'. If he can become a better shooting guard combined with how well he brings it inside, he will be quite a weapon.
BuckyFootball08

Postby ndman11 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:25 am

Sorry but no way he makes NDSU. He is not tall enough nor quick enough. He is very good ball player but he is in no way a D1 recruit. Sorry to burst some bubbles. Id also be very surprised if he has been getting letters from them. Not very many ND kids will get looks from the Bison from now on.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:46 am

Big Ticket wrote:I herd he was getting letters from NDSU since he was a sophmore.

Players "get letters" from schools all the time.  It's an honor that you're good enough to have been noticed, either through the media, camps, etc.  It doesn't mean that a school is actually interested in you going there to play.  Part of it is the process coaches have to go through, they need to show "interest" in the better local kids, to keep up appearances.  Nothing wrong with it, it's just the system.  I don't know if that is the case with Jordan, I don't have any connection with NDSU, just based on experience and seeing the level of athlete NDSU is going to be recruiting, it would surprise me if he is actually being recruited.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:53 pm

haggi wrote:Jordan May is horrible-he wont even get to go to college ball--My freshman brother went down to fargo for a tourney and shut him down

it was at a game when no one was trying and the freshmen team was going all out. not one of those freshmen were very good and don't have much athletic ability. if it was a game that mattered may couldve scored on any of those guys whenever he wanted too. its pretty funny that you or your brother would think that hes horrible when he'll be in the top 3 players in north dakota high school basketball next year along with elgie and bj mertens
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:48 pm

One thing is belhovek and kick i believe were told to be walk on's. If he wants to play there i don't see a scholarship coming. Belohvek and kick were better players when they were juniors.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby oldtymer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:39 am

he'd fit in well at like a minot state or valley city type school
oldtymer

Postby highrise » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:17 am

who is your brother?
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highrise » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:24 am

now i do'nt know how much truth this is but jordan may has been look at by d-1 schools ans that pg over in west fargo. 
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highrise » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 am

i heard jordan dad came up with coach lowe at nc state and his roommate at jamestown runs the rbc center and he been talking to his dad
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:53 pm

highrise wrote:i heard jordan dad came up with coach lowe at nc state and his roommate at jamestown runs the rbc center and he been talking to his dad

i dont doubt it
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby whateverittakes » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:24 am

I heard a rumor that Jordan May was going to transfer to Fargo South is there any truth  to that or what
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:34 am

I know most of his friends are still there, but I don't think he will transfer back.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highrise » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:07 am

no!! i think may has become a best player under north progam.
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:11 am

for all the people talkin bout may not being a d-1 player hes being looked at by numerous d-1 schools right now nc state being one and many other schools like byu and creighton if jordan were to go to ndsu it would be a last second desicsion
Last edited by ghetto*revival on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghetto*revival

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:35 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:for all the people talkin bout may not being a d-1 player hes being looked at by numerous d-1 schools right now nc state being one and many other schools like byu and creighton if jordan were to go to ndsu it would be a last second desicsion

He is not a D1 player! Sorry, lots of kids get letters from those type of schools, but I highly doubt that any of his letters say anything about them wanting him....probably just info about the school and a space to fill in any athletic information
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:50 pm

Is he even going to be a Mr. Basketball candidate next year??? What were his stats from last year?
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 pm

da_man 23 wrote:Is he even going to be a Mr. Basketball candidate next year??? What were his stats from last year?

trust me a college coach doesnt look at a mr basketball candidate or stats they look at how you can fit into their program he can play d he can dribble with the best of them great passer hit the jumper sounds like everything a d1 point guard needs to do

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:44 pm

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:Is he even going to be a Mr. Basketball candidate next year??? What were his stats from last year?

trust me a college coach doesnt look at a mr basketball candidate or stats they look at how you can fit into their program he can play d he can dribble with the best of them great passer hit the jumper sounds like everything a d1 point guard needs to do

Yea but what D-1 college is gonna recruit somebody from ND who isn't even considered a top player in the state???
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:45 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Yea but what D-1 college is gonna recruit somebody from ND who isn't even considered a top player in the state???

looks like nc state is and he is considered a top player 2nd team all state would make him top 10

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:47 pm

cdub1 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

looks like nc state is and he is considered a top player 2nd team all state would make him top 10
2nd team is far from D-1
da_man 23

Next

Return to Boys