Jordan May

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:51 pm

does neone know if may can dunk cuz i saw him sky before and he high jumped for awhile at least

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smsaints » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:28 pm

hey all you guys hatin on him sayin he wont play D-1 ....... You probably have no idea if he will or will not .... We have to wait and see what happens..... He has had all summer to work on his game.... And plus he must be pretty dang good if everyone is talking about him like this
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:06 pm

smsaints wrote:hey all you guys hatin on him sayin he wont play D-1 ....... You probably have no idea if he will or will not .... We have to wait and see what happens..... He has had all summer to work on his game.... And plus he must be pretty darn good if everyone is talking about him like this

your probably one of the guys who doesnt believe in winning or losing too right?......always a tie
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 pm

baseball wrote:
smsaints wrote:hey all you guys hatin on him sayin he wont play D-1 ....... You probably have no idea if he will or will not .... We have to wait and see what happens..... He has had all summer to work on his game.... And plus he must be pretty darn good if everyone is talking about him like this

your probably one of the guys who doesnt believe in winning or losing too right?......always a tie

i bet he is like most people but he realizes that only jordan may knows whether or not he will go d1 and maybe he isn't even sure yet

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smsaints » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 am

baseball wrote:

Ah no thats not me ..... I play to win... ALWAYS....
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smsaints » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 am

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:

i bet he is like most people but he realizes that only jordan may knows whether or not he will go d1 and maybe he isn't even sure yet

Thats exactly what I was getting at
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:53 am

BuckyFootball08 wrote:K honestly, Like Ghetto has reinstated...Not that May was surrounded by complete crap players this year, but any guy is better with a set of well-rounded talented guys around him....May plays a ton of traveling tournaments, many that are some of the biggest in the country (Las Vegas,Minnapolis)...These tournaments have seen kids like OJ Mayo and kids at the same level. He's been stacked up against real talent and knows what it takes to perform.

Like said before too, just like football and many other sports, a team doenst always look for the absolute best and amazing player, but who they think they can build off of and who will fit well in their program.. If May got 2 years or so of working on his shot, getting quicker, and getting experience, he could be a D-1 player.....

Also everyone needs to realize Highschool seasons dont mean a whole lot for basketball (Hockey is another pretty good example) for the most part. All the big name players and coaches watch summer leagues and tournaments. So dont just hate on May because you've seen maybe 1/4 of his play over the last 2 years.

So did Belhovek from Mandan, Tate Kick, and others on the ECI I think it is....I didn't see any of them getting offers from the NC State or any others close to that.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:58 am

Ditka14 wrote:
BuckyFootball08 wrote:K honestly, Like Ghetto has reinstated...Not that May was surrounded by complete crap players this year, but any guy is better with a set of well-rounded talented guys around him....May plays a ton of traveling tournaments, many that are some of the biggest in the country (Las Vegas,Minnapolis)...These tournaments have seen kids like OJ Mayo and kids at the same level. He's been stacked up against real talent and knows what it takes to perform.

Like said before too, just like football and many other sports, a team doenst always look for the absolute best and amazing player, but who they think they can build off of and who will fit well in their program.. If May got 2 years or so of working on his shot, getting quicker, and getting experience, he could be a D-1 player.....

Also everyone needs to realize Highschool seasons dont mean a whole lot for basketball (Hockey is another pretty good example) for the most part. All the big name players and coaches watch summer leagues and tournaments. So dont just hate on May because you've seen maybe 1/4 of his play over the last 2 years.

So did Belhovek from Mandan, Tate Kick, and others on the ECI I think it is....I didn't see any of them getting offers from the NC State or any others close to that.

well not every kid that plays ECI is going to be the next LeBron
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:03 am

baseball wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

well not every kid that plays ECI is going to be the next LeBron

not every player on eci is even above average the studs will be but there are many average players on eci

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:54 am

Ditka14 wrote:

And I'm also pretty sure Kick was on the 3rd All Tourney team and had a game of over 40 pts i believe, so he would have gotten way more looks from D-1 coaches then May just cuz of those stats right there, IMO.
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:22 pm

the other thing you have to think about is how good may is marketing himself for example going to a camp in north carolina

if belohlavek and kick sent out game tapes to every d1 college in the us i would bet on it that they would have both got at least 5 offers from around the country

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:35 am

Its just a case its not what you know its who you know from what i've read his father knows people at NC state and probably throwing him a bone thats just my guess.  I personally don't mean to knock the kid but he probably won't end up at NC state the talent level of those players is tough..I do think he could go to a mid-major and be a solid contributor after a year or two
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:35 pm

BBall dominator wrote:Its just a case its not what you know its who you know from what i've read his father knows people at NC state and probably throwing him a bone thats just my guess.  I personally don't mean to knock the kid but he probably won't end up at NC state the talent level of those players is tough..I do think he could go to a mid-major and be a solid contributor after a year or two

believe me, that wont make much of a difference, if even any at all
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:42 pm

An honest opinion on Jordan May - Low D1 / D2 talent but a DOG.  What I mean by dog is he doesn't play hard.  He plays just hard enough to get by.  I can guarantee this most D1's are gonna find somebody as talented that plays harder.  There are hundred's of Jordan May's in this country playin ball that play harder and are as talented or more talented.  It's just that he plays in a state that has very few good players and so everybody knows who he is.  As for NC State and his dad knowing somebody there.  His dad can know whoever at NC State and they will NEVER offer that kid a scholarship.  They are in the ACC - one of the top conferences in America. Do you know how hard you have to play to make it in that league.  Can you imagine the work and drive you have to have to make it there.  You are going against guys that are getting drafted to the league, night in and night out.   May would get murdered in the ACC.  May would get murdered at NDSU, no less NC State. 

Personally I think he will end up at NDSCS, after his dreams aren't met with that D1 ride that he thinks he will get, in hopes that in two years he will get another shot at it. 

If Jordan May reads this - For your own good, if you wanna play Division 1 basketball you better start playing harder and proving that you can do it, cause until then your not gonna make it.
sportsguy

Postby King James » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:35 pm

sportsguy wrote:An honest opinion on Jordan May - Low D1 / D2 talent but a DOG.  What I mean by dog is he doesn't play hard.  He plays just hard enough to get by.  I can guarantee this most D1's are gonna find somebody as talented that plays harder.  There are hundred's of Jordan May's in this country playin ball that play harder and are as talented or more talented.  It's just that he plays in a state that has very few good players and so everybody knows who he is.  As for NC State and his dad knowing somebody there.  His dad can know whoever at NC State and they will NEVER offer that kid a scholarship.  They are in the ACC - one of the top conferences in America. Do you know how hard you have to play to make it in that league.  Can you imagine the work and drive you have to have to make it there.  You are going against guys that are getting drafted to the league, night in and night out.   May would get murdered in the ACC.  May would get murdered at NDSU, no less NC State. 

Personally I think he will end up at NDSCS, after his dreams aren't met with that D1 ride that he thinks he will get, in hopes that in two years he will get another shot at it. 

If Jordan May reads this - For your own good, if you wanna play Division 1 basketball you better start playing harder and proving that you can do it, cause until then your not gonna make it.

Allard plays like that i like the way May plays i think hes fun to watch
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:47 pm

i think may is good enough to play D-1 and i honestly dont think he needs to step anything up the kids a baller enuff said
ghetto*revival

Postby highrise » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:28 pm

fyi talking to some folks that from nc st.  jordan had a very good camp, played with some nc st.  past and present player. coach lowe stated that may is a very good player, but he have to learn to dunk the ball, now you know a player can finsh a play.
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:23 pm

highrise wrote:fyi talking to some folks that from nc st.  jordan had a very good camp, played with some nc st.  past and present player. coach lowe stated that may is a very good player, but he have to learn to dunk the ball, now you know a player can finsh a play.

Wow if that wasn't just difficult to read
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:07 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:i think may is good enough to play D-1 and i honestly dont think he needs to step anything up the kids a baller enuff said

I think hes good enough also but not going to a school who has to find players who compete against some of the best comp. in the nation...he IMO play at UND or NDSU not right away but after a redshirt season and 2 years he could contribute which is very respectable playing but even making the team at a division 1 school is something to be proud of
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:17 am

Recenly I had the oppurtunity to play against 2 players that were commited D-1 already.  I would have to say the only difference in skill levels between these kids and May were that, May had better ballhandling and passing, and that one of the other kids was a better shooter.  The biggest thing though is height, as both of them were over 6'5''.  I think this goes to show that a lot of players could go D-1 if they had a couple of schools in state instead of 1.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 am

where were these kids commited?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 am

baseball wrote:where were these kids commited?

I am 90% sure it was SDSU.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

if May's ballhandling and passing is better i wouldnt be suprised if he goes D-1....coaches can always work on his shooting.  do you remember watching Aaron Miles play, the guy would barely hit the rim on a shot outside 15 feet but he was a 4 year starter at one of the best colleges in the country.  just goes to show that a kid can make it without shooting well, if he handles the ball and distributes it well enough, he can play anywhere
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:39 pm

I thought this was pretty interesting.  Allard, Dufault, and May are all getting some props in this article. 

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/071507aad.html

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:29 pm

it would be pretty sweet if Dufault went MVC.  not the top schools but definately competative when it comes to tourney time.   would be alot of fun to watch him play in the Big Dance if he gets the chance.....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys