Class A basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby minotfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:32 pm

gonzaga wrote:I think is was absoutlely demeaning to post the scoring results for the Mr. Basketball voting. It served no purpose and I would imagine would be very embarrasing for people who should have be proud of what they accomplished in their career. Who really cares who was actually 2nd -last. No purpose except to diminish what was accomplished..

I could not believe that either of the Packineaus  was not a Mr. Basketball candidate, the combination of Packineaus and Young Bird would have been Class A material at most schools. Gamers that is what those boys are. What a thrill to watch them play.

I agree the Packineau twins and Young Bird i believe would all have ben great contributors in class A as well.  I think they all have to skills to be successful in class A.  I can say this because i have played against the Packineau's quite a few times and they can't be stopped very easily and Young Bird is great as well and I've played against all the class A teams.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:34 pm

gonzaga wrote:The voting results are not news, it is strictly opinion. It serves no purpose. Using the score of a basketball game is like apples and oranges. A competition one on one needs a score to determine a winner. It is a fact that a basket went in a hoop, it is not someones opinion on whether or not it would have went in. The only way to determine by actual means and not by statistical means would be to have them play horse  and that my friend ,will never happen. We as the public do not have to know every thing about everything. If you are going to publish the  nominees results then you should also publish who voted, the criteria used, and there expertise in determing someones else's value. I still think it is demeaning to the other candidates. I think the right player won, that is my opinion, but I do not think we needed to know that he crushed all the other candidates.. Not necessary!

Well I believe the media has a right to keep their votes private... you probably couldnt make them reveal their votes if they didn't want to.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:19 pm

klg_11 wrote:does it honestly bother you or is it the fact that it was wilhelm at the bottom. say if it would have been qvale at the bottom and wilhelm at the top. would u be arguing this point HONESTLY!

Well if Qvale would of ended up at the bottom it would have been an issue.  Wilhelm at the bottom, not an issue.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:19 am

hoopsfan_2007 wrote:
klg_11 wrote:does it honestly bother you or is it the fact that it was wilhelm at the bottom. say if it would have been qvale at the bottom and wilhelm at the top. would u be arguing this point HONESTLY!

Well if Qvale would of ended up at the bottom it would have been an issue.  Wilhelm at the bottom, not an issue.

That isn't even cool..Why? Why would it matter if Qvale was on the bottom...It's probably be a problem cuz he was too good to be on the bottom...I thought Wilhelm should have had more votes, he was pretty good...But the point is there both high school players...Why would one being on the bottom matter..guaranteed Wilhelm isn't sitting at home balling because he only got two votes and everyone on north dakota preps knows it...He's a good basketball player and if he truly loves the game that won't matter so leave Qvale out of it...
sportsfan1989

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:46 am

sportsfan1989 wrote:
hoopsfan_2007 wrote:

That isn't even cool..Why? Why would it matter if Qvale was on the bottom...It's probably be a problem cuz he was too good to be on the bottom...I thought Wilhelm should have had more votes, he was pretty good...But the point is there both high school players...Why would one being on the bottom matter..guaranteed Wilhelm isn't sitting at home balling because he only got two votes and everyone on north dakota preps knows it...He's a good basketball player and if he truly loves the game that won't matter so leave Qvale out of it...
sportsfan do u know what wwe are even arguing about. Qvale was brought up becasue i felt that he was mad they showed the votes becasue wilhelm only had two votes, so i asked him if he would feel the same way if it were the other way around, and leave qvale out of it???? should we talk about him on the swimming forums or what. this is a class a basketball forum of course we are gonna talk about qvale.
klg_11

Postby gonzaga » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:19 am

Ah a refreshing voice of reason. I think the Minot Boys will have a great team next year as well as Fargo South, my sneak peek would be those two in the state championship game. I know most of Minots sophomores, so I know how good they are going to be. Good Luck to you guys
I love to watch other people run!!!!
gonzaga
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys