ECI

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby da_man 23 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:20 pm

bballer2 sounds like u have a grudge against kick, just cuz it wasn't u doesn't mean it wasn't a great feat, ming said it perfectly id be the happiest kid in the world if i avg. more points per game than the no.1 hs recruit did, even if he did play in the lower division, oj better get used to being double and triple teamed it doesn't matter, he still has to perform
da_man 23

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:43 pm

put it this way, if you go by points per game that is saying that Tyler Fettig is as good as OJ Mayo just plays against weaker competition. its a pointless arguement, if one guy score 1 ppg higher with 1 defender then a guy does with 2-3 guys on him at a time doesnt make him the best player.  if he puts up the same numbers with 2-3 guys guarding him then talk about them 2 being in the same class.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby iluvbball » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:46 pm

What Tate Kick accomplished is amazing.  Anyone who tries to downplay it is crazy.  However, his accomplishments should in no way be compared to OJ Mayo.

The fact that the divisions were different cannot be debated.

Each player should be proud and thrilled to have participated in a tournament of that proportion.

I'm quite sure that they were both just thrilled to be there and wouldn't want to be compared. 

It's ridiculous.

:):)
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:55 pm

There are only about 5 high school players who can compare to Mayo and Kick isn't one of them.  Even with that said Kick scored in the top 10 against some players who will play in the NBA so it doesnt matter if he was in a lower division the competition is most likely better than the competition in North Dakota.  Summed up I'm saying Mayo is the best but Kick is still amazing.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:00 am

Kick is one of my favorite players to watch and I think he is an absolute stud on the floor with an edge over everyone...in ND.  But when he averages more points in a lower division, that is a tough comparison because he has somewhat of a handicap over Mayo.  They should have separated the stats by divisions.  But aside from who beat out who in scoring, just averaging that many in a tournament like that is an outstanding accomplishment even if he only had one defender on him.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:14 pm

da_man 23 wrote:bballer2 sounds like u have a grudge against kick, just cuz it wasn't u doesn't mean it wasn't a great feat, ming said it perfectly id be the happiest kid in the world if i avg. more points per game than the no.1 hs recruit did, even if he did play in the lower division, oj better get used to being double and triple teamed it doesn't matter, he still has to perform

no grudge actually i've never seen him play but all ive heard was great things about them... i was just puttin a perspective on it... kick must be good and hope him well this year but everyone has put it into a good prespective on it so i dont need to say anymore
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby truplaya » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:56 pm

ok ming what are you talkin about kick mayo i dont know what it is your sayin
truplaya

Previous

Return to Boys