Brian Qvale wins Mr. BB

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby biggie » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:27 pm

He shows all who is best!  Good job bud!
Last edited by biggie on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:30 pm

A very deserving recipient.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:31 pm

I think qvale deserved it and very gad that he took it. congrats to u big man!!!!
klg_11

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:40 pm

im not sure why everyone dislikes qvale so much? is it just cause he's tall or waht cause i dont understand. im not a williston fan or anything but i have a lot of respect for qvale and i am glad he won the award. i thought it was 50/50 with him and kick all along
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:09 pm

qvale is the man... people have been sayin he was gonna win this award for 4 years and now he went out and did it...good job
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby *ndballa* » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:04 pm

sqeak63 wrote:qvale is the man... people have been sayin he was gonna win this award for 4 years and now he went out and did it...good job

went out and did it??? with wat stats? just cuz he had more blocker per game doesnt mean he deserves the award he was like 3 or 4th in scoring and second in rebounding and hes 6'11"? definately doesnt live up to all his hype
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:11 pm

*ndballa* wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:qvale is the man... people have been sayin he was gonna win this award for 4 years and now he went out and did it...good job

went out and did it??? with wat stats? just cuz he had more blocker per game doesnt mean he deserves the award he was like 3 or 4th in scoring and second in rebounding and hes 6'11"? definately doesnt live up to all his hype

quit hatin its over with accept the decision and move on, hope qvale gets to play next year as a true freshman with the grizz i am already excited to wait and find out
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby *ndballa* » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:15 pm

SCC wrote:
*ndballa* wrote:

According to what they said on TV, he averaged 20 points, 10 rebounds, just over 3 blocks per game...and led the team in assists.

which if u listened at all they said jb,kick, and willy had more points and kick had more rebounds
*ndballa*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:16 pm

actually the said that kick had just under ten and qvale had 10.5 so why don't you rewind ur tivo and check the broadcast another time
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:16 pm

congratulations to qvale... great season for all of the canidates they gave us one season i will never forget
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby coyotefan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Ming01 wrote:congratulations to qvale... great season for all of the canidates they gave us one season i will never forget

agreed one of the best seasons i have ever witnessed
coyotefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Bottom line was that no one else was even close to the defensive force that Qvale was. Teams had to totally adjust their game plan completely around Qvale and how they were going to score with him in the paint. You simply can't say that about any of the other candidates. 
Y-not Daily

Postby sportsguy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm

I have been on the Qvale bandwagon all year.  It was well deserved.  He was the best player in the state and I am glad they got the award right. 
sportsguy

Postby sportsman » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:22 pm

My congrats to Qvale, much deserved award.  Too bad he couldn't of won a championship instead of Kick...oh well, maybe at the next level.
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:24 pm

*ndballa* wrote:
SCC wrote:
*ndballa* wrote:

According to what they said on TV, he averaged 20 points, 10 rebounds, just over 3 blocks per game...and led the team in assists.

which if u listened at all they said jb,kick, and willy had more points and kick had more rebounds

wow pretty bold arguing for ur 6th post.ur first was tonight after qvale won. ok if ur mad that qvale won so u decide to get a membership and start posting just to hate. congratualations ur cool
klg_11

Postby Fritoman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:40 am

(Quote from COYOTEFAN's post in the other discussion)

"Qvale received 10 of the 16 first-place votes and 60 total points in the voting by the NDAPSSA.

Mandan's Justin Belohlavek was runner-up in the voting with 30 points and two first-place votes. He averaged 25.5 points, six rebounds and four assists during the season.

Tate Kick of Class A champion Dickinson received 25 points in the voting and three first-place votes, followed by Luke Lorenz of Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg with eight points and one first-place vote, Mark Bakkum of Steele-Dawson with seven points, Tony Ironheart of Four Winds with five points and Jordan Wilhelm of Bismarck with two points.

Qvale is the 12th straight Class A player to win the award. The last Class B winner was Grenora's Hunter Berg in 1995."

When you see the actual votes, 2nd place wasn't even close. The Williston Herald said that Quale was courted by 30  D1 schools. That is an amazing number. I knew he was going to be a winner way back when he was on his traveling team. He has always shown his presence on the floor, and his name is probably the most recognized in ND BB.

I will also say that the other finalists were very deserving also.  Thanks for a great season.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby True Fan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:00 am

Fritoman wrote:(Quote from COYOTEFAN's post in the other discussion)

"Qvale received 10 of the 16 first-place votes and 60 total points in the voting by the NDAPSSA.

Mandan's Justin Belohlavek was runner-up in the voting with 30 points and two first-place votes. He averaged 25.5 points, six rebounds and four assists during the season.

Tate Kick of Class A champion Dickinson received 25 points in the voting and three first-place votes, followed by Luke Lorenz of Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg with eight points and one first-place vote, Mark Bakkum of Steele-Dawson with seven points, Tony Ironheart of Four Winds with five points and Jordan Wilhelm of Bismarck with two points.

Qvale is the 12th straight Class A player to win the award. The last Class B winner was Grenora's Hunter Berg in 1995."

When you see the actual votes, 2nd place wasn't even close. The Williston Herald said that Quale was courted by 30  D1 schools. That is an amazing number. I knew he was going to be a winner way back when he was on his traveling team. He has always shown his presence on the floor, and his name is probably the most recognized in ND BB.

I will also say that the other finalists were very deserving also.  Thanks for a great season.

Nice post, it is cool to actually see someone be positive rather than complain about why their favorite didn't win, and rip another finalist while doing so.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Fritoman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:25 am

I am glad that I got to see some of the best BB ever this year. Almost every team had a couple players that made their team competitive. I wish I could have seen some of the out of town games throughout the season. I can only hope that the play will be this good again next year.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:16 am

Don't watch much Class A ball except the tourneys on TV, but thought Qvale was not very good for his size his Soph and Jr. season.  Watching him this year was much different, really seemed alot better overall player and made a much bigger impact on the opponent.  Congrats to him and good luck at the next level.  Always good to see ND players moving on.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:40 am

*ndballa* wrote:

Yeah but he took way less shots..Her had the best field goal percentage...And he was 11th all-time in scoring and like 3rd in rebounding...pretty good stats to me
sportsfan1989

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:47 am

But on another note...WDA was crazy to watch...And there was some amazing players this year in which I think we can all agree...
sportsfan1989

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:03 am

Congrats to Mr.Qvale on winning the award.  He is a really good kid and worked really hard to get where he is.  His soph and junior year I didn't think he could of played at Williston State.  He was very raw and really wasn't very good. He quit baseball and worked all summer on his game and it showed.  He was a completely different player this year.

Every keeps talking about his stats, well the difference with him and the rest of the players up for Mr.Basketball is he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time like Kick, JB, and Wilhelm.  He has to rely on his guards to get him the ball.  And they werent always very good at doing that.  For him to still average 20 despite having below average guards is pretty amazing.  When he did get it down low he was unstoppable, period. 

I am glad to see him win the award because I'm from Williston, but I would of been happy to see JB win the award, because he had the best season I think.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 pm

sportsman20 wrote:im not sure why everyone dislikes qvale so much? is it just cause he's tall or waht cause i dont understand. im not a williston fan or anything but i have a lot of respect for qvale and i am glad he won the award. i thought it was 50/50 with him and kick all along

Actually it was 50/50 with qvale and JB, qvale recieved 60 points and JB recieved 30 points.

its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:44 pm

That would be 2/1. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Zagfanjerry » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:10 am

props to qvale i only saw 1 of his games but he dominates like none other and i loved watching it best of luck to him in the future and to brent
Zagfanjerry

Next

Return to Boys