Kick or Wilhelm

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who's better?

Tate Kick
67%
Jordan Wilhelm
33%

Total votes : 58

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:35 am

True Fan wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:I take Wilhelm.  Out of the best players in the state, Wilhelm I believe, has the best moves.  If you have to pick one player to take the last shot, I'll take Wilhelm anyday because of his one on one moves and his ability to get to the hole.

I just wish he would have made it last night. The guy deserved it...

Why would he deserve it? they all deserved......wilhelm had a chance to tie it up.....he missed it...plain and simple...he missed! so i would have to say i wouldn't take him to take the last shot while Kick has had his hands in like 3 or 4 last second wins.

Lets make this perfectly clear, the only reason Dickinson won was because Fridley played extremely well. Who else besides Wilhelm played good? That's what I thougt. Wilhelm tried everything in his power to get his team the win, thats what I mean when I say he deserved it. I'm not saying Kick or DHS didn't deserve it, its just I thought Wilhelm was doing everything in his power to get him that win.

Hahaha yeah ok.....im pretty sure wilhelm didn't score all the points he only had 22, so sumbody played good to score 30 more or whatever it was. what kid isn't gonna try to do everything in his power to win, seriously that makes no sense......as for wilhelm playing good, he had his chance and he missed it, and was like 30 sumtin % from the field, so right there it says that Kick DID help his team win and thats why they are STATE CHAMPS!! Congrats to DHS!

You tell me who played good based on these stats...

[font=Arial]Jeremy Gunderson 0-4 0-0 0
Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Drew Hendrickson 4-7 0-0 9
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

The other 8 players that played last night for BHS went a combined 10-42, 24%, from the field. Ya... lot of nice help for Wilhelm there. Hendrickson is the only one that you could say had close to a good game. Face it, Wilhelm ment way more to BHS last night then Kick did to DHS. I'm not going to say Wilhelm played good last night, because he didn't, but I will say that he kept him in the game and did what he could.[/font]

Nobody, but who's fault is that, Dickinson played good D.....why don't u post wilhelm's stats too, with all the shots he took, maybe he should of passed the ball a couple times and gave a few team mates a try, hendrickson stepped from the normal production they get from him. ok, and u said he did what he could, so obviously he isn't better than kick if KICK did do what he could and helped his team win. Don't say they won cuz Marcus stepped up......BIG players step up when needed.....once again Congrats to DHS!

Ya ok, you don't have to congratulate DHS after every post, I think they get the point that you are happy. Wilhelm was 7-24 from the field and 4-7 from the free throw line to finish with 22. I do think Kick had the better game last night but if Martinez would have played usual, and Fridley wouldn't have played so well, BHS would have won.

I will continue to congratulate them becuase of ppl like who don't give them credit where it is due......what cuz ur killdeer cowboys didn't make it to state u take it out the midgets....serioulsy buddy stick to your class B posts and hope that default doesn't go to dhs next year, cuz then u will have to cheer for them. they are the top team in CLass A and Kick is better than wilhelm, if all ur gona do is put them down, go back to class B, cuz we dont' want it here. Big players step up when needed, obviously wilhelm had a chance to tie, he choked, he missed a couple huge free throws at the end also, along with shooting 29 % from the field, this is a pointless discussion, its Kick hands down.

Wow, did someone get mistreated in his childhood?  That is about the most idiotic, childish post I have ever seen.  Be happy for Dickinson, but don't attack another player to make your point.  Kick is a helluva player and so is Wilhelm, enough said.  And people who are obviously more educated than you in basketball must have thought Wilhelm did something right to be voted MVP of the state tourney.
hahaha true fan, ur funny. who did i attack? i pointed out Wilhelm's MVP stats.....wilhelm guaranteed a win in the tribune........im just saying he didn't come thru like a star should.
da_man 23

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:37 am

True Fan, you must be a bismarck fan huh? maybe wilhelm shouldn't have been show boating show much and worried bout the game. and you would be the only one on this site that agreed with him being MVP. and referring to baller, all he has done is put down DHS, they won state, give them credit.
Last edited by da_man 23 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby True Fan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:06 am

da_man 23 wrote:True Fan, you must be a bismarck fan huh? maybe wilhelm shouldn't have been show boating show much and worried bout the game. and you would be the only one on this site that agreed with him being MVP. and referring to baller, all he has done is put down DHS, they won state, give them credit.

No I am a basketball fan, there is a difference between a fan of basketball and a fanatic of a certain team.  I am not taking anything away from DHS.  They deserved to win and Kick is a solid player, it just sounds like you have something against Wilhelm.  Once again, he must have done something right.  You just sound real bitter.  Possibly like a former player who sat the bench or got schooled when he did get to play.  Dont take out your personal frustrations on high school kids because they are doing something you could never do it makes you sound really sad.
Last edited by True Fan on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:09 am

How have I put down DHS? All I said is that I think Wilhelm is better then Kick and that Wilhelm's teammates didn't step up like Kick's teammates did. And no, I'm not from Killdeer, Dufault is my boy and he isn't going to go to DHS next year, and I will continue to think that Wilhelm is better then Kick. Maybe not my much, Kick is a great player no doubt, I just think Wilhelm is better.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:10 am

True Fan wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:True Fan, you must be a bismarck fan huh? maybe wilhelm shouldn't have been show boating show much and worried bout the game. and you would be the only one on this site that agreed with him being MVP. and referring to baller, all he has done is put down DHS, they won state, give them credit.

No I am a basketball fan, there is a difference between a fan of basketball and a fanatic of a certain team.  I am not taking anything away from DHS.  They deserved to win and Kick is a solid player, it just sounds like you have something against Wilhelm.  Once again, he must have done something right.  You just sound real bitter.  Possibly like a former player who sat the bench or got schooled when he did get to play.  Dont take out your personal frustrations on high school kids because they are doing something you could never do it makes you sound really sad.

hahahahahaha okay!! i have wasted too much time with this already.
Last edited by da_man 23 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby sportsman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:40 pm

baller01 wrote:How have I put down DHS? All I said is that I think Wilhelm is better then Kick and that Wilhelm's teammates didn't step up like Kick's teammates did. And no, I'm not from Killdeer, Dufault is my boy and he isn't going to go to DHS next year, and I will continue to think that Wilhelm is better then Kick. Maybe not my much, Kick is a great player no doubt, I just think Wilhelm is better.

What criteria.....who can force up the most idiotic shots, or have the worst shooting percentage....Yeah, then I guess Wilhelm is better!!
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby da_man 23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:49 pm

sportsman wrote:
baller01 wrote:How have I put down DHS? All I said is that I think Wilhelm is better then Kick and that Wilhelm's teammates didn't step up like Kick's teammates did. And no, I'm not from Killdeer, Dufault is my boy and he isn't going to go to DHS next year, and I will continue to think that Wilhelm is better then Kick. Maybe not my much, Kick is a great player no doubt, I just think Wilhelm is better.

What criteria.....who can force up the most idiotic shots, or have the worst shooting percentage....Yeah, then I guess Wilhelm is better!!

Watch out man.....true fan is gonna call u names if u attack his wilhelm......hahaha sportsman i totally agree with u...nice post!
da_man 23

Postby sportsman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:21 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Watch out man.....true fan is gonna call u names if u attack his wilhelm......hahaha sportsman i totally agree with u...nice post!

Thanks, yeah I can't help it if true fan has a crush on wilhelm....I just call em like I see em!!
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:37 pm

sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Thanks, yeah I can't help it if true fan has a crush on wilhelm....I just call em like I see em!!

ok this is the deal wilhelm is awesome kick is awesome seriously do we have to sit here and put them down ... i know wilhelm personally and hes a great guy... i am sure if i knew kick he is a great guy to .. so why do we have to sit here and put down 2 of the best to ever play in ND... like i have allready said instead of sitting here and bikkering about who is gonna be better why dont we support them as they make the jump to the next level??
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

ok this is the deal wilhelm is awesome kick is awesome seriously do we have to sit here and put them down ... i know wilhelm personally and hes a great guy... i am sure if i knew kick he is a great guy to .. so why do we have to sit here and put down 2 of the best to ever play in ND... like i have allready said instead of sitting here and bikkering about who is gonna be better why dont we support them as they make the jump to the next level??

UMMMM...because the name of this topic is "Who's Better, Kick or Wilhelm"
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby True Fan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:40 am

sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Crush, No, I just apprciate good players.  But at the same time won't attack another high school kid like Kick, Quale, or JB to make myself feel better.   
Last edited by True Fan on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:10 am

True Fan wrote:
sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Crush, No, I just apprciate good players.  But at the same time won't attack another high school kid like Kick, Quale, or JB to make myself feel better.   

Who was attacking Wilhelm to make themselves feel better hahahaha did u get hurt by me telling the truth or sumtin?? cuz ur the only one that is defending him......all i did was tell what happened, but if u got sumtin for him thats fine and like sportsman said he just calls em like he see's em!!!! ....sumbody who shoots sumtin like 29 % from the field for a whole tourney and gets MVP.....doesn't sound right to me.
da_man 23

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:54 am

da_man 23 wrote:
True Fan wrote:
sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

Who was attacking Wilhelm to make themselves feel better hahahaha did u get hurt by me telling the truth or sumtin?? cuz ur the only one that is defending him......all i did was tell what happened, but if u got sumtin for him thats fine and like sportsman said he just calls em like he see's em!!!! ....sumbody who shoots sumtin like 29 % from the field for a whole tourney and gets MVP.....doesn't sound right to me.

I'm sticking up for him. Da_man, what % did you shoot in the tournament? Yes, Jordan had a rough shooting tournament, look at what else he did. He held your "almighty" Tate Kick to less then his average.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:58 am

baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
True Fan wrote:
sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

I'm sticking up for him. Da_man, what % did you shoot in the tournament? Yes, Jordan had a rough shooting tournament, look at what else he did. He held your "almighty" Tate Kick to less then his average.

29 %-----are you kidding me? he passes the ball instead of shooting and they might win......but u know what he didn't and who cares about his avg. they won the state championship, while wilhelm was watching them celebrate and thats all that matters!
da_man 23

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:01 am

da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
True Fan wrote:
sportsman wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
sportsman wrote:

29 %-----are you kidding me? he passes the ball instead of shooting and they might win......but u know what he didn't and who cares about his avg. they won the state championship, while wilhelm was watching them celebrate and thats all that matters!

To me it seems like you are more of a Wilhelm hater then a Kick lover...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:04 am

ur sitting here tellin me that wilhelm is better than KICK? on what grounds? kick was 2nd in scoring, wilhelm what 5th or sumtin. kick 1st in rbds, wilhelm was i dont know? wilhelm shot 29 % for state while kick was 50 % or better, and let's not forget, a state championship. so no im not a hater on wilhelm, but when u sit here and tell me that he is better than kick and u have no legitimate arguement, im gonna prove u wrong....
da_man 23

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:14 am

da_man 23 wrote:ur sitting here tellin me that wilhelm is better than KICK? on what grounds? kick was 2nd in scoring, wilhelm what 5th or sumtin. kick 1st in rbds, wilhelm was i dont know? wilhelm shot 29 % for state while kick was 50 % or better, and let's not forget, a state championship. so no im not a hater on wilhelm, but when u sit here and tell me that he is better than kick and u have no legitimate arguement, im gonna prove u wrong....

Dickinson and Bismarck split the season series this year, 2-2. The first game against each other Wilhelm put up 17 while Kick put up 11, a DHS win. The second game against each other Kick was more impressive but still Wilhelm out did him. 21 for Kick while Wilhelm posted 28, a BHS win. BHS then beat DHS in the WDA championship but I could not get the scoring results on that game, if someone can help me out, please do so. That once again was a BHS win. In the final match up at state, Wilhelm outscored Kick once again 22-20 in a DHS win.

You make it sound like Kick is FAR and AWAY better then Wilhelm where I think they are very close with Wilhelm having the edge by a little bit.

The reason Wilhelm had to shoot so much that championship game is because no one else for BHS could hit a shot in order to save their life.What was Jordan suppose to do, sit back and not shoot while his teammates missed. You want your go-to guy taking the big shots in big games. Fridley stepped up HUGE for DHS and Kick didn't have to do as much and force shots. If Martinez shoots good against DHS, Wilhelm takes about 5-10 shots less then he did. I'm not going to lie, he was forcing some shots in that game, but like I said, what was he suppose to do.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:57 am

baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:ur sitting here tellin me that wilhelm is better than KICK? on what grounds? kick was 2nd in scoring, wilhelm what 5th or sumtin. kick 1st in rbds, wilhelm was i dont know? wilhelm shot 29 % for state while kick was 50 % or better, and let's not forget, a state championship. so no im not a hater on wilhelm, but when u sit here and tell me that he is better than kick and u have no legitimate arguement, im gonna prove u wrong....

Dickinson and Bismarck split the season series this year, 2-2. The first game against each other Wilhelm put up 17 while Kick put up 11, a DHS win. The second game against each other Kick was more impressive but still Wilhelm out did him. 21 for Kick while Wilhelm posted 28, a BHS win. BHS then beat DHS in the WDA championship but I could not get the scoring results on that game, if someone can help me out, please do so. That once again was a BHS win. In the final match up at state, Wilhelm outscored Kick once again 22-20 in a DHS win.

You make it sound like Kick is FAR and AWAY better then Wilhelm where I think they are very close with Wilhelm having the edge by a little bit.

The reason Wilhelm had to shoot so much that championship game is because no one else for BHS could hit a shot in order to save their life.What was Jordan suppose to do, sit back and not shoot while his teammates missed. You want your go-to guy taking the big shots in big games. Fridley stepped up HUGE for DHS and Kick didn't have to do as much and force shots. If Martinez shoots good against DHS, Wilhelm takes about 5-10 shots less then he did. I'm not going to lie, he was forcing some shots in that game, but like I said, what was he suppose to do.

let's not forget how much more Kick was double teamed than Wilhelm though! It's not like Wilhelm can be called a defensive mastermind, and in fact in an article in the tribune after WDA I believe he said that it wasn't him but the double teams that stopped Kick. I only remember a few times that Wilhelm was doubled when he got it low.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wrestler » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:20 am

Kick or Wilhelm?

Lets see, based on season stats, a state title, coming thru in the 2nd half of the state title game, shooting 50% vs. 29% at the state tournament, better team overall record seems pretty obvious to most. 

I'll take Kick.  He is much harder to stop one on one, he has a huge wingspan, he is smart (basing this on the forced shots by wilhelm, kick rarely forces shots, maybe because he can create good shots with his quickness). 

And by the way, lets stop voting at halftime of the championship game for tournament MVP.  There is a reason they wait til they find out who wins before they declare MVP's in pro sports.  Because there is Value in winning the championship.
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 am

Wrestler wrote:Kick or Wilhelm?

Lets see, based on season stats, a state title, coming thru in the 2nd half of the state title game, shooting 50% vs. 29% at the state tournament, better team overall record seems pretty obvious to most. 

I'll take Kick.  He is much harder to stop one on one, he has a huge wingspan, he is smart (basing this on the forced shots by wilhelm, kick rarely forces shots, maybe because he can create good shots with his quickness). 

And by the way, lets stop voting at halftime of the championship game for tournament MVP.  There is a reason they wait til they find out who wins before they declare MVP's in pro sports.  Because there is Value in winning the championship.

So if Wilhelm goes 20-20 and scores 45 poinst, pulls down 15 rebounds, and hands out 10 assists, he didn't have a good game as long as DHS wins??? Once again, I'm not saying that Wilhelm had a good championship game, but since we are not comparing teams here, Wilhelm was tourney MVP. Kick wasn't even voted unanomious selection. Yes, Kick's team won, but that is not what we are discussing.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 am

And by the way, lets stop voting at halftime of the championship game for tournament MVP.  There is a reason they wait til they find out who wins before they declare MVP's in pro sports.  Because there is Valuein winning the championship.

I disagree.  Wilhelm has the best one on one moves of any player in the state.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby O_Snap » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 am

baller01 wrote:

So if Wilhelm goes 20-20 and scores 45 poinst, pulls down 15 rebounds, and hands out 10 assists, he didn't have a good game as long as DHS wins??? Once again, I'm not saying that Wilhelm had a good championship game, but since we are not comparing teams here, Wilhelm was tourney MVP. Kick wasn't even voted unanomious selection. Yes, Kick's team won, but that is not what we are discussing.

I'm a Mandan fan and that last post you posted was absolutly ridiculous... Bringing upt he MVP award and Unanimous selection... That was complete Bull that he was MVP and kick wasnt unanimous... And thats comin from me.. a neutral person..
Last edited by O_Snap on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Postby baller01 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:27 am

O_Snap wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I'm a Mandan fan and that last post you posted was absolutly ridiculous... Bringing upt he MVP award and Unanimous selection... That was complete Bull**** that he was MVP and kick wasnt unanimous... And thats comin from me.. a neutral person..

Hey, I didn't say it was right or not. I just stated what went down.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby iluvbball » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:33 am

There is no such thing as a neutral Mandan person.  Who are you kidding?  You hate the "Demons".  You all do.  That was apparent from JB's comment to reporters during his pre-game interview in Fargo before the semi-final game against Williston.
iluvbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer2 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:35 am

iluvbball wrote:There is no such thing as a neutral Mandan person.  Who are you kidding?  You hate the "Demons".  You all do.  That was apparent from JB's comment to reporters during his pre-game interview in Fargo before the semi-final game against Williston.

what did he say???
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys