Kick or Wilhelm

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who's better?

Tate Kick
67%
Jordan Wilhelm
33%

Total votes : 58

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:33 am

I'm not saying that these two are the two best players in the state, I'm just curious who everyone thinks is better after them two battling last night in the state championship and over the past season.

Who's better and who would you rather have on your team if you were a coach?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby True Fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:40 am

Wilhelm,  he plays hard for the entire game.  When I have watched Kick he seems to take time off.  There are times when he seems like he isn't even on the floor.  If he would play hard for the entire game it would be different.  Plus, I think Wilhelm's defense is not appreciated.  He guards the opposing teams top players almost all the time and does a great job of playing positional defense.

True Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby paperboy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:48 am

True Fan wrote:Wilhelm,  he plays hard for the entire game.  When I have watched Kick he seems to take time off.  There are times when he seems like he isn't even on the floor.  If he would play hard for the entire game it would be different.  Plus, I think Wilhelm's defense is not appreciated.  He guards the opposing teams top players almost all the time and does a great job of playing positional defense.

I agree...I watched Kick play and he plays "lazy"...he doesn't always crash the boards and tends to stand around, not alot, but at times.  He needs to play hard all the time.
paperboy

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:48 am

I disagree about wilhelms defense.  I think it is appreciated because everyone talks about it and everyone knows about it.  He is very good at it and receives credit for it. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:51 am

I take Wilhelm.  Out of the best players in the state, Wilhelm I believe, has the best moves.  If you have to pick one player to take the last shot, I'll take Wilhelm anyday because of his one on one moves and his ability to get to the hole.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:52 am

Ming01 wrote:I take Wilhelm.  Out of the best players in the state, Wilhelm I believe, has the best moves.  If you have to pick one player to take the last shot, I'll take Wilhelm anyday because of his one on one moves and his ability to get to the hole.

I just wish he would have made it last night. The guy deserved it...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:57 am

the one thing about kick and wilhelm is that willy has the ability to hit the outside jumper where i have only really seen kick be a slasher.... thats why i have to go with wilhelm because he can do it all.......... not saying kick cant or anything i am just saying in the 6 or 7 times i saw him play this year he pretty is shooting all 15 footers and in
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:10 pm

baller01 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:I take Wilhelm.  Out of the best players in the state, Wilhelm I believe, has the best moves.  If you have to pick one player to take the last shot, I'll take Wilhelm anyday because of his one on one moves and his ability to get to the hole.

Why would he deserve it? they all deserved......wilhelm had a chance to tie it up.....he missed it...plain and simple...he missed! so i would have to say i wouldn't take him to take the last shot while Kick has had his hands in like 3 or 4 last second wins.
da_man 23

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:13 pm

sqeak63 wrote:the one thing about kick and wilhelm is that willy has the ability to hit the outside jumper where i have only really seen kick be a slasher.... thats why i have to go with wilhelm because he can do it all.......... not saying kick cant or anything i am just saying in the 6 or 7 times i saw him play this year he pretty is shooting all 15 footers and in

so that 3 that kick hit with like 3 mintues left to put them up by 6 over top of wilhelm has nuthing to do with kick shoooting from the outside? oh yeah and lets not forget about the OOP....kick is the better player and he showed it last night with the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP while whilhelm missed to tie it up.
da_man 23

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:26 pm

Wilhelm is a better all around player, who hustles from the tip off all the way to the final buzzer. But, if we are talking just on the offensive side of the game, I think Kick is way more explosive.

As for who I would want on my team...Wilhelm.
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:33 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Why would he deserve it? they all deserved......wilhelm had a chance to tie it up.....he missed it...plain and simple...he missed! so i would have to say i wouldn't take him to take the last shot while Kick has had his hands in like 3 or 4 last second wins.

Lets make this perfectly clear, the only reason Dickinson won was because Fridley played extremely well. Who else besides Wilhelm played good? That's what I thougt. Wilhelm tried everything in his power to get his team the win, thats what I mean when I say he deserved it. I'm not saying Kick or DHS didn't deserve it, its just I thought Wilhelm was doing everything in his power to get him that win.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:24 pm

i would much rather play with kick than wilhelm they would both be good but kick gets opponents in foul trouble cleans up the boards is gonna help if i get beat and block some shots i can give it to him in the post and i am gonna be open to shoot or he is going to be

also i think kick is a much better player than wilhelm i also thought that last year and i have seen nothing to change my opinion i think wilhelm is good but there are things kick does to change a game that wilhelm doesnt
Last edited by cdub1 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:57 pm

baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Lets make this perfectly clear, the only reason Dickinson won was because Fridley played extremely well. Who else besides Wilhelm played good? That's what I thougt. Wilhelm tried everything in his power to get his team the win, thats what I mean when I say he deserved it. I'm not saying Kick or DHS didn't deserve it, its just I thought Wilhelm was doing everything in his power to get him that win.

Hahaha yeah ok.....im pretty sure wilhelm didn't score all the points he only had 22, so sumbody played good to score 30 more or whatever it was. what kid isn't gonna try to do everything in his power to win, seriously that makes no sense......as for wilhelm playing good, he had his chance and he missed it, and was like 30 sumtin % from the field, so right there it says that Kick DID help his team win and thats why they are STATE CHAMPS!! Congrats to DHS!
Last edited by da_man 23 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da_man 23

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:10 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Hahaha yeah ok.....im pretty sure wilhelm didn't score all the points he only had 22, so sumbody played good to score 30 more or whatever it was. what kid isn't gonna try to do everything in his power to win, seriously that makes no sense......as for wilhelm playing good, he had his chance and he missed it, and was like 30 sumtin % from the field, so right there it says that Kick DID help his team win and thats why they are STATE CHAMPS!! Congrats to DHS!

You tell me who played good based on these stats...

[font=Arial]Jeremy Gunderson 0-4 0-0 0
Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Drew Hendrickson 4-7 0-0 9
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

The other 8 players that played last night for BHS went a combined 10-42, 24%, from the field. Ya... lot of nice help for Wilhelm there. Hendrickson is the only one that you could say had close to a good game. Face it, Wilhelm ment way more to BHS last night then Kick did to DHS. I'm not going to say Wilhelm played good last night, because he didn't, but I will say that he kept him in the game and did what he could.[/font]
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:17 pm

paperboy wrote:
True Fan wrote:Wilhelm,  he plays hard for the entire game.  When I have watched Kick he seems to take time off.  There are times when he seems like he isn't even on the floor.  If he would play hard for the entire game it would be different.  Plus, I think Wilhelm's defense is not appreciated.  He guards the opposing teams top players almost all the time and does a great job of playing positional defense.

I agree...I watched Kick play and he plays "lazy"...he doesn't always crash the boards and tends to stand around, not alot, but at times.  He needs to play hard all the time.

Doesn't always crash the boards??? Yeah, he ONLY led the league in rebounds!
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 pm

sportsman wrote:
paperboy wrote:

he doesnt always crash as hard as he could but he still gets 10 a game he prolly could have got 13 if he needed to but i will be happy with 10 a game

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 pm

sportsman wrote:
paperboy wrote:

he doesnt always crash as hard as he could but he still gets 10 a game he prolly could have got 13 if he needed to but i will be happy with 10 a game

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Yeah...OK....heres the problem with that. I think I'd take Kick to take the last shot....WHY...Shooting percentage!!! They both had the same amount of points in the State Tournament, but Kick took half as many shots. Kick makes em when it counts, he doesnt just force everything up...if hes covered, he'll pass to the open player.
Last edited by sportsman on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:24 pm

baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

The other 8 players that played last night for BHS went a combined 10-42, 24%, from the field. Ya... lot of nice help for Wilhelm there. Hendrickson is the only one that you could say had close to a good game. Face it, Wilhelm ment way more to BHS last night then Kick did to DHS. I'm not going to say Wilhelm played good last night, because he didn't, but I will say that he kept him in the game and did what he could.[/font]

Nobody, but who's fault is that, Dickinson played good D.....why don't u post wilhelm's stats too, with all the shots he took, maybe he should of passed the ball a couple times and gave a few team mates a try, hendrickson stepped from the normal production they get from him. ok, and u said he did what he could, so obviously he isn't better than kick if KICK did do what he could and helped his team win. Don't say they won cuz Marcus stepped up......BIG players step up when needed.....once again Congrats to DHS!
da_man 23

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:26 pm

obviously kick is one of my favorite players but fridley is one of the best players in the state and has been for a long time until kick got huge he was better than him he is one of the best in the state

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:28 pm

da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

Nobody, but who's fault is that, Dickinson played good D.....why don't u post wilhelm's stats too, with all the shots he took, maybe he should of passed the ball a couple times and gave a few team mates a try, hendrickson stepped from the normal production they get from him. ok, and u said he did what he could, so obviously he isn't better than kick if KICK did do what he could and helped his team win. Don't say they won cuz Marcus stepped up......BIG players step up when needed.....once again Congrats to DHS!

Ya ok, you don't have to congratulate DHS after every post, I think they get the point that you are happy. Wilhelm was 7-24 from the field and 4-7 from the free throw line to finish with 22. I do think Kick had the better game last night but if Martinez would have played usual, and Fridley wouldn't have played so well, BHS would have won.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:30 pm

baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

I think Senger had a better game than the stats show. Mainly because of that hit stick he had on Jahner with like 10 seconds left. That was classic
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:31 pm

project-pat wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

I think Senger had a better game than the stats show. Mainly because of that hit stick he had on Jahner with like 10 seconds left. That was classic

Ya, I'm taking offensive production. Haha that hit was great.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:35 pm

baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
da_man 23 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Luke Martinez 3-9 1-1 8,
Ben Peterson 3-12 4-6 10
Luke Senger 0-2 0-0 0
Brandon Feser 0-7 6-8 6
Ryan Malm 0-0 0-0 0
Esley Thorton 0-1 0-0 0

Ya ok, you don't have to congratulate DHS after every post, I think they get the point that you are happy. Wilhelm was 7-24 from the field and 4-7 from the free throw line to finish with 22. I do think Kick had the better game last night but if Martinez would have played usual, and Fridley wouldn't have played so well, BHS would have won.

you can also look at it and say if bauer and bruschwein would have been hitting threes like usual ( i dont remember either making one) dickinson would have won by more than they did
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:38 pm

bruhschwein best shooter in class a easily

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys