STATE CHAMPS!

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wrestler » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:37 pm

2nd time in  4 years, DHS wins it all!

Great team effort.  Kick is the star, but Fridley is the man.  Played with great poise.  Out of all the class A stars, I would want him on my college team, he can run the show and shoot when needed.

Congrats to the Mighty Midgets!
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:36 pm

Wrestler wrote:2nd time in  4 years, DHS wins it all!

Great team effort.  Kick is the star, but Fridley is the man.  Played with great poise.  Out of all the class A stars, I would want him on my college team, he can run the show and shoot when needed.

correct me if im wrong on this but didnt dickinson last win in 2003 making this 2nd time in 5 years
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:49 pm

threeball wrote:

correct me if im wrong on this but didnt dickinson last win in 2003 making this 2nd time in 5 years

Ouch. Someone has bad math.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby bozeman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:21 am

One TEAM began the season ranked #1.  One TEAM finished the season ranked #1.  That same TEAM won the State Championshhip - DICKINSON!

A team of many great players has been led by a humble star for the past two seasons.  Somehow he is overlooked by everyone east of the Green River Exit.  20 points / 10 rebounds / 50+ percent shooting should be enough to impress the sportswriters and the voters.  How is TK NOT a Unanimous All-State Tournament selection and the Tournament MVP???  Congatulations to JW on a great tournament.  Both players had almost identical stats, but two items should have set them apart.  JW shot around 25 percent for the tournament (He took twice as many shots as TK) and JW and Bismarck LOST the game. 

Dickinson avenged every loss they had this season by beating Williston, Mandan, and Bismarck the last times they played.  And in the end they came away with the biggest prize.  Congratulations to the Midgets on a great season.  2007 North Dakota State Basketball Champions - DICKINSON!
bozeman
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 am

bozeman wrote: One TEAM began the season ranked #1.  One TEAM finished the season ranked #1.  That same TEAM won the State Championshhip - DICKINSON!

A team of many great players has been led by a humble star for the past two seasons.  Somehow he is overlooked by everyone east of the Green River Exit.  20 points / 10 rebounds / 50+ percent shooting should be enough to impress the sportswriters and the voters.  How is TK NOT a Unanimous All-State Tournament selection and the Tournament MVP???  Congatulations to JW on a great tournament.  Both players had almost identical stats, but two items should have set them apart.  JW shot around 25 percent for the tournament (He took twice as many shots as TK) and JW and Bismarck LOST the game. 

Dickinson avenged every loss they had this season by beating Williston, Mandan, and Bismarck the last times they played.  And in the end they came away with the biggest prize.  Congratulations to the Midgets on a great season.  2007 North Dakota State Basketball Champions - DICKINSON!

No kidding!! TK not a Unanimous All-State Tournament Selection?? Well Lets see.....first game has 32pts, 13reb, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks.....then Saturday  has a 20 and 10 performance including a huge 3 with 3 minutes to go in the game, a huge momentum changing block in the second half, was money from the charity stripe.... I think he averaged over 20pts and 10 reb. for the tourney AND won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....but yeah I guess thats not worthy of a unanimous selection....What a JOKE!!!!
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:39 am

the thing that impressed me the most was after the game when the whole high school is out on the court jumping around i looked over at the bismarck bench and kick is over there shaking hands instead of celebrating.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:13 am

sportsman wrote:
bozeman wrote: One TEAM began the season ranked #1.  One TEAM finished the season ranked #1.  That same TEAM won the State Championshhip - DICKINSON!

No kidding!! TK not a Unanimous All-State Tournament Selection?? Well Lets see.....first game has 32pts, 13reb, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks.....then Saturday  has a 20 and 10 performance including a huge 3 with 3 minutes to go in the game, a huge momentum changing block in the second half, was money from the charity stripe.... I think he averaged over 20pts and 10 reb. for the tourney AND won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....but yeah I guess thats not worthy of a unanimous selection....What a JOKE!!!!

What blew my mind was the fact that wihlem was MVP, u can tell the voters are from bismarck and the fact that tate wasn't unanymous(sp?) selection but sumbody who shoots 25 % from the field is?? the voters obviously don't know anything bout basketball.
da_man 23

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:52 am

Completely true.  Wilhelm shoots so many shots to get his points and at a rate of 25% - not mvp worthy in my mind.  But congrats to him anyways, because the votes and the winner won't change.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby paperboy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:53 am

Anybody know where I can get box scores of the A tournament games?  What I'm interested in is the shooting percentages for each player...the paper only gives the percentage for free throws and I'm more interested in field goals.  Anyone help me on this?  Thanks.
paperboy

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:57 am

Check the bismarck tribune.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:04 pm

great game dickinson it was amazing to watch!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:05 pm

maybe this all means something that jw got tounry mvp maybe next weekend its between BQ and TK for Mr.Bball now that the other two got those awards
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:18 pm

sportsman wrote:

i agree its a joke kick wasnt unanimous but what a joke that elgie didnt even make all tournament team!
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:46 pm

i touched tate kick....... it was sweet
ghetto*revival

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:58 pm

elgie not getting all tourney team was a joke... i also think that fridley and kick were the only 2 who deserved all tourney for dickinson... i would say martinez didn't deserve it either with one great game and 2 bad but if he wouldn't have had an awesome game that day williston would be the state champs
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby minotfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm

I agree that Elgie should have made the all tournament team. That is a joke that he did not make it.  I think that his technical was what made it so he didnt make the team.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby arsnl7 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:07 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:i touched tate kick....... it was sweet

hahah creepy
arsnl7

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:30 pm

sqeak63 wrote:elgie not getting all tourney team was a joke... i also think that fridley and kick were the only 2 who deserved all tourney for dickinson... i would say martinez didn't deserve it either with one great game and 2 bad but if he wouldn't have had an awesome game that day williston would be the state champs

are you implying that williston would have beat dickinson? because i would have to disagree..
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:49 pm

threeball wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:elgie not getting all tourney team was a joke... i also think that fridley and kick were the only 2 who deserved all tourney for dickinson... i would say martinez didn't deserve it either with one great game and 2 bad but if he wouldn't have had an awesome game that day williston would be the state champs

are you implying that williston would have beat dickinson? because i would have to disagree..

Yeah, I'd have to disagree too. You know they always talk about Bismarcks defense, but you know what, Dickinson played fantastic defense last night. I'd like to see just what Bismarcks shooting pct. was last night?? Aww, who cares....I guess some people will never give credit where credit is due! In the end only one thing matters....TATE KICK and the DICKINSON MIDGETS are #1 and they have they trophy to PROVE it!!!!  CONGRATS MIDGETS
Last edited by sportsman on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mustanghero » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:52 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:i touched tate kick....... it was sweet

Me Too...& MF, AJ, & the rest of the team when I stromed the court !!!!!!!!!
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wrestler » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm

threeball wrote:

3balls did you find your calculator.  I will correct you because you are wrong. 

How many years ago was March 2003........(theme music from jeopardy).........I shall help.  March 2003 to March 2004 is one year, to march 2005 is 2 years, to 2006 is 3 years, to March 10, 2007 is 4 YEARS.   2 State Championships in 4 years.  Wow, grow up.
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Wrestler wrote:
threeball wrote:

How many years ago was March 2003........(theme music from jeopardy).........I shall help.  March 2003 to March 2004 is one year, to march 2005 is 2 years, to 2006 is 3 years, to March 10, 2007 is 4 YEARS.   2 State Championships in 4 years.  Wow, grow up.

you are both right because you look at it differently threeball is saying 2nd in five season and you are saying it was 4 years ago

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wrestler » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:23 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Wrestler wrote:
threeball wrote:

you are both right because you look at it differently threeball is saying 2nd in five season and you are saying it was 4 years ago
Did I say "seasons" in the original post, no.  And he didn't say seasons in his brilliant reply either. 
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Wrestler wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Wrestler wrote:
threeball wrote:

Did I say "seasons" in the original post, no.  And he didn't say seasons in his brilliant reply either. 

honestly i dont care about this at all when i read wut u put i dint think twice about it

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wrestler » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:34 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Wrestler wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Wrestler wrote:
threeball wrote:

honestly i dont care about this at all when i read wut u put i dint think twice about it

I agree, just wondering why 3balls thinks he needs to try to point out a mistake, especially when he is wrong. 
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys