Shanley v. Williston

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Spoof_Team » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:46 am

Does anyone else besides me think the Deacons can pull off an upset? ANYONE?

I don't like Williston's guard play. Shanley's guards are the most underrated in the state: Elias, Schmit, Bergerson,  Miller. They're solid and can all run the offense-something Williston lacks.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wrestler » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:02 am

Willistons guards are just fine, and they can shoot when open, which they often are due to qvale double teams.  Try pressing them, and there is a 6'11' press breaker at half court to catch passes.  Good luck Deacons.
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:02 am

I think it will be difficult.  If they shoot the lights out behind the arc I think they may have a shot.  Qvale makes it very difficult to shoot within 15' of the basket.

Defensively without some big bodies to battle inside it's going to be tough for Shanley.  They need to put a lot of defensive pressure on the perimeter hoping the guards will have trouble seeing/getting the ball inside. I still see Qvale having about 3 - 4 dunks this game.  Plus they'll need to stay out of foul trouble inside. 
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsfan_2007 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:56 pm

Spoof_Team wrote:Does anyone else besides me think the Deacons can pull off an upset? ANYONE?

I don't like Williston's guard play. Shanley's guards are the most underrated in the state: Elias, Schmit, Bergerson,  Miller. They're solid and can all run the offense-something Williston lacks.

Williston's guard play is NOT fine.  They cannot handle any pressure and they turn it over often.  I think this will be there down fall at state.  If they can get it across half court, they are ok.  They do have some descent shooters.  But ball handling and press breaking is not Willistons strength. Wrestler obviously didn't watch any WDA games. 

I do think Williston will beat Shanley because of Qvale.  I hear Shanleys tallest guy is 6'3?  If that is true, BQ and Schmitz will have a monster game.
hoopsfan_2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Shanley did a good job with Qvale in the first half. they were only down one, but then the williston shooter got hot and the game steadily got out of hand. Williston wins big.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsguy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:55 pm

Did anyone else think there was some poor officiating in this game?  That, along with Qvale's second half perfromance and bad luck on the Deacons shots led to the final result.
twinsguy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:58 pm

twinsguy wrote:Did anyone else think there was some poor officiating in this game?  That, along with Qvale's second half perfromance and bad luck on the Deacons shots led to the final result.

ya on a win by 25 not a whole lot of it can be blamed on the refs. if williston had won by 2 or so then refs could change it. but on a 25 point visctory its just being out played.
klg_11

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:59 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2374]twinsguy[/user] wrote:
Did anyone else think there was some poor officiating in this game?  That, along with Qvale's second half perfromance and bad luck on the Deacons shots led to the final result.
</span>

First of all, it was like there was a freakin' lid on the basket whenever the Deacons were shooting. Second of all the reffing was horiffic and it hurt SHS. I'm not gonna say it lost the game for them, cause i don't think it would make a 20 point difference, but it was definitely a momentum killer.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:02 pm

williston was playing terrible first half and i think thats why shanley stuck with them. 27% fg for williston af half
klg_11

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:05 pm

give the SHS "D" a little credit thoug. they did a very good job of keeping Qvale in check that half. i thought they had a good scheme until all those outsied shots began to fall.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs1138 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:06 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2374]twinsguy[/user] wrote:
</span>

First of all, it was like there was a freakin' lid on the basket whenever the Deacons were shooting. Second of all the reffing was horiffic and it hurt SHS. I'm not gonna say it lost the game for them, cause i don't think it would make a 20 point difference, but it was definitely a momentum killer.

What was the score for the girls game? I was at the game but I can't remember. I know the boys game was like  47 - 72 i think.
shs1138
NDPreps Rookie

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:09 pm

shs01240 wrote:give the SHS "D" a little credit thoug. they did a very good job of keeping Qvale in check that half. i thought they had a good scheme until all those outsied shots began to fall.

ya they did keep him pretty controlled, i will give them that, especiall for shanleys tallest player being 6'3"??
klg_11

Postby twinsguy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Yeah they have Jagim at 6'3" then quite a few 6'1 and 6'2 players.  I''m looking forward to their 4th meeting of the season with South.
twinsguy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sports4lif3 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:31 am

they straight up drew the worst possible team in the state for shanley to play. its impossible for them to match up. if u make jagim 6'11 im sure he culd rip the state a new one too
sports4lif3

Return to Boys