State Results

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby biggie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 pm

paperboy wrote: I would like to see him be more physical, he seems to like to play like a small forward where I think he should be more of a banger.

I would say that would be his personality.  He's probably the nicest kid and that is his downfall I think.  He's too nice on the court.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:56 pm

Sounds like West Fargo beat Devils Lake not sure on score

DHS defeated Minot for the 4th time 65-48, Kick didn't have an outstanding game as he was in foul trouble and played maybe half the game plus the ball was distributed very well. Bruhschwein came through again against Minot with a 5 three point game.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 pm

What time is the championship game tommorow night??
sportsman
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:14 pm

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Boys basketball: Farkas leads West Fargo
Kerry Collins
The Forum - 03/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] Devils Lake was not going to get a fourth win against West Fargo this season. Tanner Farkas made sure of that.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The West Fargo junior scored 19 of his 25 points in the second half and notched a key three-point play late in the game to give the Packers a 72-63 win over Devils Lake in the consolation semifinals of the state Class A boys basketball tournament.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"It's playoff time. You have to step your game up," Farkas said. "I just wanted to give our team a boost."[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Firebirds beat West Fargo the first three times they played this season by an average of eight points per contest. [/font]
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND#1 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Dickinson's role players came through today.  Minot didnt play well.  Both Kick and Elgie strugged.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby killer89 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:13 pm

UND#1 wrote:Dickinson's role players came through today.  Minot didnt play well.  Both Kick and Elgie strugged.

minot didnt shoot all that well and dickinson did but i also thought alot of the shots elgie took were questionable. i think elgie tried to do too much.
killer89

Postby ndfootball » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:19 pm

killer89 wrote:
UND#1 wrote:Dickinson's role players came through today.  Minot didnt play well.  Both Kick and Elgie strugged.

minot didnt shoot all that well and dickinson did but i also thought alot of the shots elgie took were questionable. i think elgie tried to do too much.

i agree, elgie played terrible today.  He through up lots of bad shots.
ndfootball

Postby klg_11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 pm

ndfootball wrote:
killer89 wrote:

i agree, elgie played terrible today.  He through up lots of bad shots.

i think at the end of the season rhe "mr. basketball" candidtates are stuggling and who knows who is gonna get it. IMO i thionk kick will get it IF he plays good tomorrow. Fridley if u read these. u are a pimp. and i would like to know where fridley id goin to college next year.

klg_11

Postby O_Snap » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 pm

Im pretty sure the voting was done b4 state because the players were notified before state that they were canidates!!
O_Snap

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:58 am

O_Snap wrote:Im pretty sure the voting was done b4 state because the players were notified before state that they were canidates!!

I'm pretty sure that the players didn't find out till this weekend and i was told that the voting is done this week before the CLass B, so that would mean that the state tourney is included in it, but i could have been told wrong.
da_man 23

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:03 am

cityleaguer wrote:how many shots did Wilhelm end up taking in that game?

he was 7 for 28 that game.....25%
da_man 23

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:10 am

da_man 23 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:how many shots did Wilhelm end up taking in that game?

he was 7 for 28 that game.....25%

ouch! a little selfish when he doesnt complete a pass all game. fade away threes and shots when getting doubled and tripled team=25% shooting
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:20 pm

paperboy wrote:I saw all four games today and here's my take on the big four:
Elgie was the most impressive, decisively.  He shot well, rebounded and ran the floor...I've never seen him play this good.
Kick was pretty good...he didn't shoot well at all, seemed to get all his points inside and I thought he forced up a few.  I thought he was a good rebounder, but he doesn't crash the offensive boards very much, he tends to stand around near the three point line alot.  In fact, he sorta plays lazy for a player of his stature.
Wilhelm was pretty good too, I think I was a little more impressed with him, he seemed to play a little harder than Kick...but he (Wilhelm) struggled with his shooting.  I also thought he forced a few.
Qvale was better than Kick and Wilhelm, as far as results go...but I'm still not sure he is D1 material. He played hard and smart, but I did notice a few boards that I thought he should have had but they slipped out of his hands, which is my main concern with him, he don't have very good hands.  I would like to see him be more physical, he seems to like to play like a small forward where I think he should be more of a banger.

Elgie i agree  with yoru comments...he played very well, but yet didn't make the all tourney team.....hmmm?

that game for Kick he was 12 for 18 from the field.....66% and 12 for 19 for the line....and he didn't shoot very well?? all u guys are sayin kick's lazy....when is the kid ever on the bench...he plays almost every single minute of every game unless the ref's have sumtin to do with it....its not the fact that hes lazy, hes tired. he didn't sit in the second half yesterday, i think u would be a lil tired after that too, so don't say hes lazy cuz he plays extremly hard.

Wilhelm was 7 for 28 from the field in that game and u said he struggled a lil bit haha thats an understatement....he plays the best D out of these guys, but his offense struggles these last couple weeks. oh yea, state champ game, he was 7 for 20 sum in the championship game....
da_man 23

Previous

Return to Boys