East Fans vs. West Fans

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:27 pm

With the State BBall Tourney being held in Fargo, many of the East teams' fans will be minutes away from the action. Will a large numbers of East fans outcheer the number of West parents and other limited student fan sections from the West???
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:36 pm

i think there will be alot of fans form the west considering the weather is going to be good..of coarse the west wont be able to match the east i think it will be enough to where it wont be a factor
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 pm

East will never outcheer the west, ok maybe devils lake will.. West could have half the crowd and will still outcheer the east, other than DL. DL has the best cheering section in the edc bar none.
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby kgmvp8807 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:35 pm

BB Fan wrote:East will never outcheer the west, ok maybe devils lake will.. West could have half the crowd and will still outcheer the east, other than DL. DL has the best cheering section in the edc bar none.

of course not. since when can the east do any thing half as good as the west? BB Fan, i doubt youve even watched anyone from the east play, and u certainly havent attended a game in person. the east can yell just as loud as the west. ill also throw shanley and west fargo into the same class as devils lake for fan support.
kgmvp8807

Postby ndball130 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:44 pm

i'm sorry to say this but i think the west fans will be a lot more effective...im from the east and went to the games up in grand forks...the only teams with any real fan support were devils lake and shanley....i heard that at wda regionals they had near 5.000 people there...i can guarantee you that there wasnt that many people at the edc's tournament
ndball130
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:03 pm

kgmvp8807 wrote:
BB Fan wrote:East will never outcheer the west, ok maybe devils lake will.. West could have half the crowd and will still outcheer the east, other than DL. DL has the best cheering section in the edc bar none.

of course not. since when can the east do any thing half as good as the west? BB Fan, i doubt youve even watched anyone from the east play, and u certainly havent attended a game in person. the east can yell just as loud as the west. ill also throw shanley and west fargo into the same class as devils lake for fan support.

I'll give you shanley, but the west fargo fan support at EDC was pathetic.  They talked themselves up a lot and had good support during the year, but no one came to EDC.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:13 pm

I've played on both sides, and this is my view. The east has a couple of schools, devils lake has the best, then it trails off pretty fast. Going to the west most of the student sections are pretty full, the best are Bismarck High, Dickinson, and Williston.  Those three are all better than Devils Lake even. IMO though, I haven't seen the outcome for the east this year.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FargoHottie15 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:14 pm

there will never be a strong showing as long as games are played in GF. 1- its the biggest hockey town in the state, 2- there hasnt been a noteworthy, state-contending basketball team from GF in years,(lets not make a topic out of that) and 3- its at least an hour away from every team. I think the Fargo Civic is the ideal spot...it's just the right size, the atmosphere is great and more people would attend
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:16 pm

FargoHottie15 wrote:there will never be a strong showing as long as games are played in GF. 1- its the biggest hockey town in the state, 2- there hasnt been a noteworthy, state-contending basketball team from GF in years,(lets not make a topic out of that) and 3- its at least an hour away from every team. I think the Fargo Civic is the ideal spot...it's just the right size, the atmosphere is great and more people would attend

AGGREED
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:18 pm

ndbb wrote:I've played on both sides, and this is my view. The east has a couple of schools, devils lake has the best, then it trails off pretty fast. Going to the west most of the student sections are pretty full, the best are Bismarck High, Dickinson, and Williston.  Those three are all better than Devils Lake even. IMO though, I haven't seen the outcome for the east this year.

EDC tourney was terrible......Of coarse that had a lot to do with the days they played probably. Mondays championship nite was pretty slim from normal saturdays 
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:41 pm

BB Fan wrote:
FargoHottie15 wrote:there will never be a strong showing as long as games are played in GF. 1- its the biggest hockey town in the state, 2- there hasnt been a noteworthy, state-contending basketball team from GF in years,(lets not make a topic out of that) and 3- its at least an hour away from every team. I think the Fargo Civic is the ideal spot...it's just the right size, the atmosphere is great and more people would attend

AGGREED

The EDC should never be in GF!!  Central and Red River never get many fans, YES Hockey town ND is what it is... NOT A BASKETBALL TOWN.

hopefully the fans of Fargo will get to the dome and cheer their teams on!! Come on Bruins, Packers and Deacons - show your team the support they deserve!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:02 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=14]bruins44[/user] wrote:
BB Fan wrote:

AGGREED

The EDC should never be in GF!!  Central and Red River never get many fans, YES Hockey town ND is what it is... NOT A BASKETBALL TOWN.

hopefully the fans of Fargo will get to the dome and cheer their teams on!! Come on Bruins, Packers and Deacons - show your team the support they deserve!!
</span>

AMEN!
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:11 am

ndbb wrote:I've played on both sides, and this is my view. The east has a couple of schools, devils lake has the best, then it trails off pretty fast. Going to the west most of the student sections are pretty full, the best are Bismarck High, Dickinson, and Williston.  Those three are all better than Devils Lake even. IMO though, I haven't seen the outcome for the east this year.

Yeah those schools really get into it...At WDA there weren't alot of
Williston fans...But for how many they had they were pretty loud...Bismarck and Dickinson are always loud..
sportsfan1989

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:05 am

BB Fan wrote:

EDC tourney was terrible......Of coarse that had a lot to do with the days they played probably. Mondays championship nite was pretty slim from normal saturdays 

I know personally this is why moany of west fargo's fans could not attend.  Many have asked off for the first few days and after it was moved back people had to work.  Also many did not want to make the drive.  We will never have as much as Devils Lake but I have to say alot of Devils Lkae student section is under grade 9, and most other high schools wont let those kids sit by them.  West Fargo will have plenty more kids and I know one thing even if we dont have the numbers we can get just as loud as anyone. BRING IT ON DICKINSON!
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby purple haze » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:13 am

Devils lake and shanley each have legit fan bases and i believe everyother school could care less.  They were the only two teams with fans at EDC and each team has a better chance because of them.
purple haze
NDPreps Rookie

Postby creme de la creme » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:14 pm

how important are fans these days in terms of the outcome of a game?
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:40 pm

I believe fans can definately have an impact on the game. Making noise and talking trash to players can have a negative affect on them.  High school kids are still young and if the crowd can get into their head and get the player or players to notice them. they can definately impact how he plays.  The noise factor also has a big impact on a team, teams feed off of crowd energy and perform better
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:35 pm

the only east fans taht actually support there teams are DL and shanley. shanleys cheers are cool at first, but the scwhank one gets really old fast, especially when hes not even in there top 3 best players. no offense to him but you guys shouldve made one of meiko or bergerson that would have been better
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:42 pm

sportsman20 wrote:the only east fans taht actually support there teams are DL and shanley. shanleys cheers are cool at first, but the scwhank one gets really old fast, especially when hes not even in there top 3 best players. no offense to him but you guys shouldve made one of meiko or bergerson that would have been better

i actually made one based off of the song "Fergalicious," but no one uses it

it's           B to the E to the R G E R S O N now

we have one for miko too..........doesnt get used as much, as it's dumb

it goes................   miko is white, miko is white

for jagim we chant           K O J          every once in a while

EXPECT THE SHANLEY CROWD TO BE RIDICULOUSLY LOUD TOMMORROW NIGHT. WE HAVE OUR SIGHTS SET ON THE WILLISTON COYOTES AND THEY ARE IN RANGE, WATCH OUT BOYS!!!!!!!!
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:42 am

Everyone needs to check out West Fargo's signs they will be classic.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby purple haze » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:42 am

Number7 wrote:I believe fans can definately have an impact on the game. Making noise and talking trash to players can have a negative affect on them.  High school kids are still young and if the crowd can get into their head and get the player or players to notice them. they can definately impact how he plays.  The noise factor also has a big impact on a team, teams feed off of crowd energy and perform better

thank you for saying that.  this is precisely why shanley will be winning state.
purple haze
NDPreps Rookie

Postby biggie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:51 am

purple haze wrote:
Number7 wrote:I believe fans can definately have an impact on the game. Making noise and talking trash to players can have a negative affect on them.  High school kids are still young and if the crowd can get into their head and get the player or players to notice them. they can definately impact how he plays.  The noise factor also has a big impact on a team, teams feed off of crowd energy and perform better

thank you for saying that.  this is precisely why shanley will be winning state.

We'll see about that.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:59 am

Hey Number 7, if it just so happen that WF gets in the state championship against a Western team, i will personally bring as many people from the Shanley "red sea" to scream or Expletetives off, jus for the sole purpose of bringing down the evil empire that is the west.  Also for DL, maybe south.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JR » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 am

shs01240 wrote:Hey Number 7, if it just so happen that WF gets in the state championship against a Western team, i will personally bring as many people from the Shanley "red sea" to scream or Expletetives off, jus for the sole purpose of bringing down the evil empire that is the west.  Also for DL, maybe south.

Same goes with the ref crew if shanley is in it.......
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 am

shs01240 wrote:Hey Number 7, if it just so happen that WF gets in the state championship against a Western team, i will personally bring as many people from the Shanley "red sea" to scream or Expletetives off, jus for the sole purpose of bringing down the evil empire that is the west.  Also for DL, maybe south.

Same goes with the ref crew if shanley is in it.......
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys