State Predictions

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 666 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:50 pm

Now that we know the pairings we should make some predictions on what happens this year.

Devils Lake vs. Minot - DL by around 6

Dickinson vs. West Fargo - Dickinson less than 10

Bismark vs. South - SOUTH by 3

Shanley vs. Williston - Williston over 10

Postby ndfootball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:41 am

Minot already beat DL.
So i got the west sweeping the first round.
ndfootball

Postby smart source » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 am

minot by 8

dicki by 12

bis by 6

willi by 9
smart source

Postby 666 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 am

ndfootball wrote:Minot already beat DL.

I heard that it was a poorly refed game in minot

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 am

666 wrote:

I heard that it was a poorly refed game in minot

I said it going into the Minot Mandan game at WDA, Elgie takes it personal to be shown up by another team's superstar.  He's too competitive to let someone make him look bad, so I see him greatly slowing down BJ if he guards him, and Minot winning by a couple.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby skoal_24 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:42 am

I AGREE WITH YA!!
skoal_24

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:57 am

666 wrote:Now that we know the pairings we should make some predictions on what happens this year.

Dl vs Minot--Minot by 2

Dickinson vs. West Fargo----Dickinson by 20

Bismarck vs. south-----Bismarck by 10-15

Shanley vs. Williston--williston by 10-15
sportsfan1989

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:03 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
666 wrote:Now that we know the pairings we should make some predictions on what happens this year.

Dl vs Minot--Minot by 2

most of you guys seem way too west biased to be taken seriously.............but then again, i haven't seen a west team play

let's just see how the games pan out

don't underestimate the east...........self-destruction could occur
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:14 pm

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

Dl vs Minot--Minot by 2

most of you guys seem way too west biased to be taken seriously.............but then again, i haven't seen a west team play

I don't necessarily think the teams in the West are that much better, but I don't think that there are any players as good as Qvale, Kick or Wilhelm in the East. For that matter, throw in Belohlavek, whose team won't even be playing.

BJ Mertens is a very good player, best player that I have seen in the East, but I still would rather have Kick, Qvale or Wilhelm right now.

Also, I would make this point... Devils Lake won the East Region tourney this year and good for them, but Devils Lake didn't even make it out of the East Region tourney last year with a team that was far more talented IMO. That tells me that the East had better teams last year and the West won 3 of 4 first-round games last year.  

Last edited by Y-not Daily on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y-not Daily

Postby sportsfan1989 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:49 pm

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

Dl vs Minot--Minot by 2

Its sort of hard not to be 100 percent west when in the second round of the EDC every single higher seeded team got beat by a lower seed...If those teams cant handle a lower seed EDC team how are they ever gunna handle the best WDA teams
sportsfan1989

Postby smart source » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:35 pm

the reason i think the west is just better is bcuz the #1 seed from the east lost to the 4 seed from the west...does anyone know wat the record is of east to west teams this year (preferably the teams remaining)
smart source

Postby ndsubball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:58 pm

#1E Devils Lake 15-7 vs. #4W Minot 14-8

#2W Dickinson 18-4 vs. #3E West Fargo 14-8

#1W Bismarck 17-5 vs. #4E Fargo South 14-8

#2E Fargo Shanley 14-7 vs. #3W Williston 16-6
Last edited by ndsubball on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsubball

Postby football#1 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:06 pm

i agree it was very porrly refed but they lost in overtime and that was back in december so expect things different there not in minot this time
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:07 pm

it will be fun to see two of the states best juniors go at it

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsports99 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm

i think personally its going to be hard for DL to stop minot right now...andersons come out from under the bed and really stepped his game up at WDA
ndsports99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BB Fan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:49 pm

Shanley--- Has to play a next to perfect game to deal with the Qualys (SP) SRY And   don't think that they can't play perfect because they can, it's not beneath them. Need allot from Bergerson and Jagim for them to prosper. They play with allot of heart...Pressure there guards extensivly... strong rotation...

West Fargo ---- Out Talented Unless Farkus has the game of his life, which is definitely not beneath him either... Dye needs to come on strong also...great D from gibson wouldn't hurt either.. Friddley needs to be defended. Stick to your game plan as i have seen in the past, and you will get through. You do have the edc coach of the year.. 

South---- They had zero threat from there guards in the edc tourney.. If opposing teams continue to play them as Shanley did in the edc, and they continue to turn the ball over and not use there bench. It will be a lose lose state for them. They need allard to step up and take over. They NEED perimeter shooting.

Devils Lake... I think that they have the best chance of getting to the second round...with the clutch play of both mertens and the perimeter shooting of Vandervort (sp) sry  They are probably the only ones that have a really good chance to come through this..Defend the 3 ball...Keep your tempo. Do not get off to the races with this group..
Maybe another day
BB Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:02 pm

BB Fan wrote:Shanley--- Has to play a next to perfect game to deal with the Qualys (SP) SRY And   don't think that they can't play perfect because they can, it's not beneath them. Need allot from Bergerson and Jagim for them to prosper. They play with allot of heart...Pressure there guards extensivly... strong rotation...

West Fargo ---- Out Talented Unless Farkus has the game of his life, which is definitely not beneath him either... Dye needs to come on strong also...great D from gibson wouldn't hurt either.. Friddley needs to be defended. Stick to your game plan as i have seen in the past, and you will get through. You do have the edc coach of the year.. 

South---- They had zero threat from there guards in the edc tourney.. If opposing teams continue to play them as Shanley did in the edc, and they continue to turn the ball over and not use there bench. It will be a lose lose state for them. They need allard to step up and take over. They NEED perimeter shooting.

Devils Lake... I think that they have the best chance of getting to the second round...with the clutch play of both mertens and the perimeter shooting of Vandervort (sp) sry  They are probably the only ones that have a really good chance to come through this..Defend the 3 ball...Keep your tempo. Do not get off to the races with this group..

Shanley vs. Williston Qvale really steps it up another notch goes for 30 and 18 with 5+blocks but Williston only wins by 7 with a big game from Bergerson with over 22 points Williston wins 59-52

West Fargo vs. Dickinson Fridley and Farkus battle to a stand still Dye hits a lot of big threes Bruhschwein and Bauer combine for 7 threes and Kick has a quiet 19 Dickinson wins 78-66 but it is a closer game than the score sais because of fouling at the end

Fargo South vs. Bismarck Ishmail Kareem has 20+ points and Jordan Allard plays good defense on Wilhelm Luke Martinez lights it up and Esley Thorton has a big game off the bench...possible upset for Fargo South 73-68

Devils Lake vs. Minot BJ Mertens has 18 points 12 rebounds and 14 assists Jordan Mertens is the recipient of many of these assists with 30 himself but Minot pulls it out with Elgie going for 24 and 17 with 6 steals Hornecker has 4 3's and Anderson has another 20+ point game keeping up his good play of late Minot wins 63-57

just my take on it and just to clarify i am not guranteeing south wins and i dont want to argue with it im jus saying wut i think will happen
Last edited by cdub1 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Jarebear wrote:

I agree 100% but the scores I can't count on but the victoies are definate.

i wouldnt count on south beating bismarck but maybe
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:18 pm

I am going with Minot over Devils lake by 7. Elgie will have a good game and Teddy Anderson will score 20+ and Jordan Martinson will have a good game with 14 points and 12 boards.

Dickinson over West Fargo by 9.

Bismarck over Fargo South by a dozen.

Williston over Shanley by about 5. Qvale will take over and have a HUGE game.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DL fan1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:48 am

Yeah you are right Minot did beat Dl. But lets put it this way the refs gave every single call to Elgie. If he was standing at half court they would call a foul. And they were playing in Minot. DL got hosed by the refs and every Minot player knows it. DL is the better team, while getting hosed they had a chance to win it in the end. Lets just say that we are not going to be in Minot any more. DL wins by 10 at least
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DL fan1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 am

BJ made him look bad the last time that they played i dont see why it wont happen again
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wrestler » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:00 am

Be careful, Minot is playing way better now than they were then.  They were the most improved team in the west in the 2nd half of the season (Bismarck 2nd most).   Minot by 10.

If BJ made Elgie look bad, Elgie will remember and that won't be good for DL.

I can't wait for tomorrrow!

Last edited by Wrestler on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:11 pm

Devils Lake over Minot  around 5

West Fargo over Dickinson by 3-5

Williston over Shanley  around 10

Bismarck over South   by 6-8

Jordan Mertens handles Elgie while B.J. and Vandevoort go off,  Dye and Farkas come up big and West Fargo contains Kick while no one else really steps up.  Williston's guards play well and Qvale is too much down low.  Bismarck's D stops the most athletic team in the state and Souths lack of chemistry truly shows.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:22 pm

DL over minot in a close one

bismarck over south by over 15

dickinson over wf by 5

shanleys guards win the game for them over williston by 10
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby kgmvp8807 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:39 am

since its just hours from tip-off of the first game, i have to get my two cents in now or never. the west is favored in every first round game today. i dont think theyll win every game just because: when was the last time you saw a basketball tournament go exactly how its supposed to? i think every team has a legitimate chance at taking it, because upsets happen and teams get hot at the right time. its gonna be a fun 3 days.
kgmvp8807

Return to Boys