Alerus Center

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby gfhockey » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:21 am

Im just curious of what you guys think haveing the dual courts at the alerus? Im not really a b-ball fan i cought some games yesterday. To be honest, i was all for the alerus center as i live in GF but i wasnt that impressed with the alerus. Maybe its just me or i have never seen a b-ball with two courts before.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:32 am

gfhockey wrote:Im just curious of what you guys think haveing the dual courts at the alerus? Im not really a b-ball fan i cought some games yesterday. To be honest, i was all for the alerus center as i live in GF but i wasnt that impressed with the alerus. Maybe its just me or i have never seen a b-ball with two courts before.

I don't know that there is any good way of having two courts at once.  I know personally when I went to the Fargo Dome for the Class B boys tournament I didn't even like that with only one court.  The curtain just don't do it for me.  It is too spacy.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby paperboy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 am

gfhockey wrote:Im just curious of what you guys think haveing the dual courts at the alerus? Im not really a b-ball fan i cought some games yesterday. To be honest, i was all for the alerus center as i live in GF but i wasnt that impressed with the alerus. Maybe its just me or i have never seen a b-ball with two courts before.
I've been a vocal detractor of the Alerus and the Fargo Dome as far as basketball goes, especially High School basketball...those facilities are just too cavernous to facillitate a good high school atmosphere.  heck, any kind of basketball atmosphere come to think of it.  I feel sorry for the kids that have to have their high school basketball experience end in these facilities.
Last edited by paperboy on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paperboy

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:24 am

paperboy wrote:
I've been a vocal detractor of the Alerus and the Fargo Dome as far as basketball goes, especially High School basketball...those facilities are just too cavernous to facillitate a good high school atmosphere.  Hades, and kind of basketball atmosphere come to think of it.  I feel sorry for the kids that have to have their high school basketball experience end in these facilities.

i think the civic center in bismarck has the best facilities for multiple game being played at the same time... like our class A region and state tourneys now are but if you are just going to play 1 game i would say you have to go with the auditorium in minot it is big enough to hold the biggest high school basketball games in north dakota but yet it isn't overwelming like some other places may be
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:36 am

Where is state at?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 am

gfhockey wrote:Where is state at?

fargodome
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MHSfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:44 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
paperboy wrote:
I've been a vocal detractor of the Alerus and the Fargo Dome as far as basketball goes, especially High School basketball...those facilities are just too cavernous to facillitate a good high school atmosphere.  Hades, and kind of basketball atmosphere come to think of it.  I feel sorry for the kids that have to have their high school basketball experience end in these facilities.

i think the civic center in bismarck has the best facilities for multiple game being played at the same time... like our class A region and state tourneys now are but if you are just going to play 1 game i would say you have to go with the auditorium in minot it is big enough to hold the biggest high school basketball games in north dakota but yet it isn't overwelming like some other places may be

I would agree with you on that one.  For big games, the Aud is a fun place but for regular season games the actual gym at Magic City in Minot is more fun for a good game.  When Minot played Mandan there, they had to bring in extra bleachers to put on the two baselines to accomodate all the people that came. That game sure was fun to watch and it was very exciting.I agree that the Auditorium would be a good place but also with Swain Hall soon to be renevated in Minot, then maybe the MSU campus could host some class A tournaments also.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Fritoman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:09 pm

Does anyone know how many seats there are in the bigger gyms in the state?

I was listening to a Montana announcer that said the biggest gym in Montana is in Cutbank and has 5500 seats. That sounds pretty big to me.

Alerus Center seats 9500 it says on their website, but that isn't a school gym.
Last edited by Fritoman on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Fritoman wrote:Does anyone know how many seats there are in the bigger gyms in the state?

I was listening to a Montana announcer that said the biggest gym in Montana is in Cutbank and has 5500 seats. That sounds pretty big to me.

Alerus Center seats 9500 it says on their website, but that isn't a school gym.

5500 would be a lot for a accual high school gym... i think this civic center is close to 9000 when it has all the curtains up... fargo dome is in the teens i believe
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:07 am

bump
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys