Devils Lake vs. Shanley

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who will win?

Devils Lake
62%
Fargo Shanley
38%

Total votes : 21

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:10 pm

Congratulations to both teams for making it to the championship. It should be a great game. I think this is a great accomplishment for this Devils Lake team who wasn't expected to do well this year at all, and who dont have a bunch of stars, but just a bunch of guys who work hard. DL vs Shanley in a championship, just like the old Johnson vs Jacobsen days.
ND_SportsNut

Postby shs01240 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:28 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced"><span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=58]ND_SportsNut[/user] wrote:
Congratulations to both teams for making it to the championship. It should be a great game. I think this is a great accomplishment for this Devils Lake team who wasn't expected to do well this year at all, and who dont have a bunch of stars, but just a bunch of guys who work hard. DL vs Shanley in a championship, just like the old Johnson vs Jacobsen days.

The awesome thing about this game is that the same traits and qualities can be given to shanley. Gotta love two teams relying on everyone, and not one individual superstar to win, being in the champhionship. it should be interesting to see who steps up tonight for each team. No doubt this one is gonna be a thriller!
Last edited by shs01240 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports4lif3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:44 am

shanley is lookin pretty legit. beatin south is a big step for them, i look for em to take the edc title
sports4lif3

Postby Number7 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:49 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:Congratulations to both teams for making it to the championship. It should be a great game. I think this is a great accomplishment for this Devils Lake team who wasn't expected to do well this year at all, and who dont have a bunch of stars, but just a bunch of guys who work hard. DL vs Shanley in a championship, just like the old Johnson vs Jacobsen days.

They have relied on the two Mertens all year long, I would say they are the team's stars. Everyone else is a role player
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:50 am

sports4lif3 wrote:shanley is lookin pretty legit. beatin south is a big step for them, i look for em to take the edc title

i think that is a great choice with jagim kickin anus and takin names lately its gonna be hard for anyone to stop the savage team we call Shanley even the lakers couldnt beat the deacons by the way there playing.
ghetto*revival

Postby WildWarrior » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am

ghetto*revival wrote:
sports4lif3 wrote:shanley is lookin pretty legit. beatin south is a big step for them, i look for em to take the edc title

i think that is a great choice with jagim kickin anus and takin names lately its gonna be hard for anyone to stop the savage team we call Shanley even the lakers couldnt beat the deacons by the way there playing.

We'll see tonight at 7:45.  I am not going to predict a great game cuz i did that for the DL/South girls game last night and I didn't like the outcome of the prediction.  Its all on the line and I think there is a big difference in the one seed or two seed this year, when talking about playing Williston or Minot.  Either way though you have to win 3 games to win it all. 
Last edited by WildWarrior on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:50 pm

Congratulations to Devils Lake on a being EDC champs in a season they weren't expected to do much, it was quite an accomplishment after losing 9 guys and Mr.Basketball and having only B.J back with varsity experience. It was a good game to watch although both teams didn't play to their potential, it was still exciting.
ND_SportsNut

Postby shs01240 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:31 am

did anyone else think the reffing kinda sucked in this game?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoof_Team » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:38 am

shs01240 wrote:did anyone else think the reffing kinda sucked in this game?

Yes. A few bad no-calls and tacky fouls called.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 am

The reffing wasnt the greatest some bad calls both ways and some no calls both ways but all in all it was probably about equal in fouls during the game and you cant blame it all on the refs
ndsubball

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:07 pm

ndsubball wrote:The reffing wasnt the greatest some bad calls both ways and some no calls both ways but all in all it was probably about equal in fouls during the game and you cant blame it all on the refs

i'n not going to blame it on the refs but at the end of the game, lookiong at the scoreboards which show fouls for the starters...............pretty suspect

4 devils lake players had 2 fouls and 1 had 1 foul

all 5 shanley players had 4 fouls a piece
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:52 pm

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:
ndsubball wrote:The reffing wasnt the greatest some bad calls both ways and some no calls both ways but all in all it was probably about equal in fouls during the game and you cant blame it all on the refs

i'n not going to blame it on the refs but at the end of the game, lookiong at the scoreboards which show fouls for the starters...............pretty suspect

4 devils lake players had 2 fouls and 1 had 1 foul

all 5 shanley players had 4 fouls a piece

well BJ i think had 2 or 3... Jason Burdick a starter fouled out and im not sure about anyone else i can not remember
ndsubball

Return to Boys